Livorsi speedo >

Livorsi speedo

Notices

Livorsi speedo

Old 06-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
Your GPS should have a NMEA data out feed which you can tie into your speedo. You just have to configure the GPS to send the signal to the gauge. Check the documentation that comes with the GPS to verify that it does provide a NMEA data output stream.

When my GPS antenna puck died, I just cut the wire and ran it to my GPS output instead. Took about 10 minutes and some electrical tape. Yes, I still have the dead puck glued to my dash, but I don't mind it.
Yep, did the exact same with mine. Works great.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I'll post a pic of the pickups I have to solve this issue when I get down to the boat tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very anxious to know how to remove the Livorsi speedo sensor.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The Amazon GPS antenna does correct the problem, even if you have the molex plug. I believe Livorsi says there is no longer a fix for the old units, because they no longer stock the right antenna. There is no way I can be 100% sure on this, but it is what I have determined through my dealing with the dead antenna issue. The amazon antenna can be purchased in a 1x per second or 10x per second model. The new livorsi speedo is a 10x sec unit, so they naturally stock and sell the 10x antenna. By the way you can also buy the 10x antenna on Amazon for half the cost Livorsi sells it for. If you buy the 10x antenna, it probably will not work with the older 1x speedo, I cant really be certain about this part as I have never attempted to install a 10x antenna. If you buy the 1x antenna, like I just did for $89 on amazon, you can easily splice the wires into the molex plug and it works as it should. It was a very simple install. I would suggest looking at the above riverdavesplace link for photos and instructions.

In my opinion, I would never buy another livorsi product because of how they handled this known issue. They design a product with a battery that they know will eventually go bad. There is a known fix for less than $100. Instead of telling their customers how to correct the problem, they lie to you and tell you that a new $500 speedo is the only fix. That's not the right way to treat a customer if you ask me.