Livorsi speedo >

Livorsi speedo

Notices

Livorsi speedo

Old 05-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Livorsi speedo

My 2008 35' fountain's tattle-tale GPS Livorsi speedo no longer gets a GPS signal. After its turned on, it eventually settles at the 9 o'clock position or roughly 53 mph. They no longer offer service on the antenna or gauge for that matter. That gauge is really hard to get at. There is a massive zip tied coil of wire behind the gauge which I suspect goes to the antenna. The smart craft speedo works, but doesn't display the speed prominently.

Whats the best way to get at the gauge and also the antenna? Reach up from underneath, use the access panel in the head or unscrew or remove the entire dashboard?
Once we get at the gauge, does anyone know in advance if that gauge can be made to work with a new antenna or could it somehow receive the GPS signal from the smartcraft? Or does it already receive the signal from the smart craft?

What is the best option to fix this?
Old 05-15-2017, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought Livorsi's new antenna that doesn't have a battery and it fixed my problem. The old antennas had a battery that would eventually die.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Registered

That seems to be the fix. There are comprehensive installation here: http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forum...-for-about-100
An OEM but non=Livorsi labeled gps antenna can be bought for $85 instead of $220 -$280 here: http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Interna...ilpage_o05_s00
Livorsi sells the 3 plug adapter for $40, but I suspect it would be more like 4$ on ebay or less. I'm going to try to reuse the small white 3 prong adapter and solder it to the GPS antenna wires. A replacement gauge kit is $525+.

Taking off the dashboard to get at the speedo is a bad idea...that went well until i had to take the mechanical indicators off....(the little white tabs on the trim indicaters) and the spring loaded posts holding them fell away and had to be fished back up with hooks. Reasonable access to the speedo is through the dashboard access in the head. Unfortunately you can see or get a wrench in but not both.
I'll let you know how it goes once the part arrives.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Registered

drfred, how'd that work out for you? Mine took a crap, pretty Sh*tty a battery dies & they claim it can't be fixed, oh but here is the $500 replacement for a new one!
Old 06-13-2017, 04:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought three of those replacement antenna kits for the three speedos in my Donzi from Hardin marine but my rigger just replacd all three of my monster speedos with new ones -so I have three of those antenna kits avil cheap if anybody wants one or all three.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Registered

I had the marina do it while I was away. It didn't work so I ordered a new guage. Livorsi had warned me the speedometers with molex plug didn't work. So now I ordered a new speedometer which has the 3 discreet connections. Not super important because I get speed off the vessel view.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Registered

Marginmn I'll take one!

Will send you a message on Facebook.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Your GPS should have a NMEA data out feed which you can tie into your speedo. You just have to configure the GPS to send the signal to the gauge. Check the documentation that comes with the GPS to verify that it does provide a NMEA data output stream.

When my GPS antenna puck died, I just cut the wire and ran it to my GPS output instead. Took about 10 minutes and some electrical tape. Yes, I still have the dead puck glued to my dash, but I don't mind it.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Registered

Default gps speedo

Same situation sent mine to a guy on the west coast reprogramed new battery sent it back in a week works great 2005 fever this is his # 818 257 0909
Old 06-28-2017, 11:53 PM
Registered

My 2004 38EC has the same problem. I've read that a replacement battery normally fixes the problem. Is the battery in the GPS unit or the gage? Also I'm trying to figure out how to get the GPS unit off the dash. No screws are visible anywhere around or under the unit. Any ideas how to get it off?

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser