42 Ex and LGT Weight Differences.

Notices

42 Ex and LGT Weight Differences.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Thanks transport. That's good real info. I'm just doing some homework but was curious watching Bens pass and how proud Reggie was. I can only wonder if the Ex would be any faster due to weight differences, aerodynamics with the different deck design. Comparing Apples to Apples, just different flavors.
Could you imagine how fast a 42 with epoxy hull would run. Pretty sure comparable OL weighs 8500 with 6's. Not looking for a fright OL boats are way more expensive and you get what you pay for but Ben's boat with full pleasure interior and number 8 drives at 143 in 3/4 mile was impressive for heavy boat.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

For the record my weight was with trailer subtracted. The whole rig 2500 gas pickup. Myco aluminum tandem axle and boat was 17,800
Old 03-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rvtransport
Could you imagine how fast a 42 with epoxy hull would run. Pretty sure comparable OL weighs 8500 with 6's. Not looking for a fright OL boats are way more expensive and you get what you pay for but Ben's boat with full pleasure interior and number 8 drives at 143 in 3/4 mile was impressive for heavy boat.
I agree. Fountain runs efficient speeds and they don’t sacrifice weight. Still a nice solid ride in the rough

Last edited by Crude Intentions; 03-12-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions
I agree. Fountain runs efficient speeds and he by sacrifices weight. Still a nice solid ride in the rough
It looks super stable as well. He had it set right for sure. I've watched it quite a few times trying to find anything out of sorts but it was for a lack of better words.....a perfect pass. Which is why I'm curious if it would have been any faster if it was a Ex vs. a LGT.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
It looks super stable as well. He had it set right for sure. I've watched it quite a few times trying to find anything out of sorts but it was for a lack of better words.....a perfect pass. Which is why I'm curious if it would have been any faster if it was a Ex vs. a LGT.

I don’t think so. I think the weight between the two is minimal. The 42 ex and lightning have the same bottom. Came with most of true options. Even in a 525/bravo config I think speeds are close
Old 03-13-2020, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions
I don’t think so. I think the weight between the two is minimal. The 42 ex and lightning have the same bottom. Came with most of true options. Even in a 525/bravo config I think speeds are close
I'm thinking you're right. I guess I was thinking there was a significant difference in weight between the two. With taller deck and added amenities to the LGT. My thought was 500-800 lb difference between the two, but yes identical hulls. Eh it was worth a shot to ask. If a 500-800lb difference what would be the mathematical equation related to top speed of the pass and if given the same Combo as Ben has, would it be any different. I could use the speed calc as a reference but couldn't find the real life info weight differences. However did get some good responses on total weight.