35 EX water in bilge >

35 EX water in bilge

Notices

35 EX water in bilge

Old 06-21-2020, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by badluck
I always had water in the bilge after running my ex 27 Fever, spent a lot of time trying to figure out the source. It turned out being the seal of the deck and hull at the swim platform. There is no access to glass that area so the factory only use sealant.
I suspect the construction of your 35 is the same as the 27.
same construction but the 35 sits higher. I know 32s have that issue but their platform is touching the water at rest. 35 has a couple inches. Worth a check though
Old 06-22-2020, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Look behind the motors down into the transom assemblies. You could have a swivel pin seal leaking in your transom assembly.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions
same construction but the 35 sits higher. I know 32s have that issue but their platform is touching the water at rest. 35 has a couple inches. Worth a check though
There is alot of turbulence at the stern when running at speed. Water was deflected upwards and made its way in to the bilge when going above 50mph. I only found out when leaving the hatch off the boat and sitting in the bilge when my dad was running the boat.

Last edited by badluck; 06-22-2020 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-22-2020, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by badluck
There is alot of turbulence at the stern when running at speed. Water was deflected upwards and made its way in to the bilge when going above 50mph. I only found out when leaving the hatch off the boat and sitting in the bilge when my dad was running the boat.
I get that. Maybe I misunderstood. He has it coming in while sitting still. That would negate that joint.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

The top and bottom aren’t glassed together along the back and they all leak and vibrate and make noise. Take the rubrail off around the swim platform. Clean up the joint drill some holes for big pop rivets. 5200 the **** out of it and pop rivet it together. Then 5200 your rubrail screws when you put the rubrail back on.
The following users liked this post:
badluck (06-23-2020)