Biminis & Offshores >

Biminis & Offshores

Notices

Biminis & Offshores

Old 02-27-2021, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Biminis & Offshores

Hello to everyone out there. I'm thinking of putting a Bimini top on my 2007 Fountain 35 Executioner but would like to see some pics first of what it may look like with one on it. I'm not sure if I would like how it would look with one and don't want to spend the money until I can see a couple. Does anyone have or know of any pictures with an Executioner with a Bimini top on it? Any response will be appreciated, thank you

Old 02-28-2021, 10:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

No pictures, but can say that even cruising speeds will prevent you from being able to have it up.

We use Anchor Shades on the Formula and Cigarette.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I have one. They work great! https://www.overtons.com/anchorshade...l?gclsrc=aw.ds
The following users liked this post:
TomZ (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 149 Posts

We used an anchor shade several years and thin had a Bimini made. Don’t know how slow you can run, we can go 30-35 with top up.
I prefer the Bimini over anchor shade because we can unzip and pull it up 3 times faster than we could put up the anchor shade, and it is more stable if wind is blowing. Mine is on a “ol slow Powerquest” so may not be as good an option for yours.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

On my Velocity, I have been 65mph with the bimini up.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I logged hundreds of miles on my 27 and 28' Advantages with the top up, alot of them over 70 mph. Just make sure it is all SS hardware. A cross brace somewhere to limit the side to side movement is the trick. Every time I buy a boat that has one of those crappy Anchor Shade umbrellas, it is the first thing that hits the dumpster

Last edited by snapmorgan; 02-28-2021 at 08:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nothing personel 353 (03-01-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FountainGuy 1957
Hello to everyone out there. I'm thinking of putting a Bimini top on my 2007 Fountain 35 Executioner but would like to see some pics first of what it may look like with one on it. I'm not sure if I would like how it would look with one and don't want to spend the money until I can see a couple. Does anyone have or know of any pictures with an Executioner with a Bimini top on it? Any response will be appreciated, thank you
I have a sunbrella bimini top which has worked very well for me since it was made in 2006. I wanted mine to be made sturdy and to lay back in a boot when not in use. If you can't lay it back it seems a disadvantage on a boat capable of high speeds. Also you want it to not be too low in the stern or will create drag. As for me I try to limit my running speeds a bit to avoid damages and only use it for cruising. Also I have a snap in clear front curtain which has saved us in heavy storms many times over the years. I dont think a full set of drop curtains is all that practical on my Fountain but a front one is awesome when you hit a sudden storm. .
Old 03-10-2021, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 156 Posts

I've got one on my 28 Heat. The previous owner had it made in Reno, NV. It's all stainless. He told me it is rated at 90MPH. It sure seems stable at speed to me but I've only had it fully expanded in the mid 60s so far.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I really appreciate all of the responses, it is good to get others points of view. I've had password problems for over a week and only now have it resolved so I'm answering now. I probably should have said this in the original post, I mainly want it for no wake zones if I'm in them for a bit. Where I boat there is a couple that can tie you up for 30 -45 minutes or so. On very hot days and no wind you can imagine that it gets pretty hot and uncomfortable for everyone.

Thanks again for all the responses, you all are much appreciated!!