Fountain 12 meter restore

Notices

Fountain 12 meter restore

Old 07-01-2021, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Not shore power?
Should have plenty of room for a gen now!
No shore power yet. I will wire in an entire A/C wire system and panel with shore power probably this winter. Still need to build walls for toilet and make a new gally with microwave,fridge and sink.

I do have room for a genny but just don't want to deal with having to worry about exhaust fumes along with another water inlet that can leak and all that comes with the genny. We will see. Still might end up with one lol. Its down the list for needs though right now. First is back seat and seadek.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

Awesome boat man, love the outboard conversion, works well with the flat transom.

Personally, would try to install some kind of lounger in transom seating, but it will be a challenge to get that to work in a way where you can lounge and actually see out of the boat. Might be better off with some tall stand up/drop down bolsters and a good cooler with padded top to put your fee up on.

How fast does it run with the trip 275's?
Old 07-01-2021, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Awesome boat man, love the outboard conversion, works well with the flat transom.

Personally, would try to install some kind of lounger in transom seating, but it will be a challenge to get that to work in a way where you can lounge and actually see out of the boat. Might be better off with some tall stand up/drop down bolsters and a good cooler with padded top to put your fee up on.

How fast does it run with the trip 275's?
She runs 65mph. Not crazy fast but decent until I upgrade motors. Got a friend with a 42 and he put 350s on his and was getting mid 70s then he tuned them to 460s and was getting 89.... I don't really care to go that fast but mid 70s would be nice.

So I was going to build a U shaped lounger in the back but after getting the middle seats installed and taking a trip with a few coolers its getting tight space wise so probably going back with bench or 2 separate seats with step in the middle. Was thinking to build 2 seats with a yeti cooler built into the middle that doubles as a step.
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (07-04-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 402 Likes on 238 Posts

Have to say, pretty interesting makeover. Also gotta like the cabin filled with Ultra ! Of course that's for when the day is done. If coming to LOTO for the holiday, beware. WP will be out in full force. Looking for impaired boat drivers. They already know that everyone else aboard will be totally impaired. Been a ****e show all season already.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Have to say, pretty interesting makeover. Also gotta like the cabin filled with Ultra ! Of course that's for when the day is done. If coming to LOTO for the holiday, beware. WP will be out in full force. Looking for impaired boat drivers. They already know that everyone else aboard will be totally impaired. Been a ****e show all season already.
I keep her down here in Florida so no LOTO for me. We where on a week vacation so brought the beer with us for hotel. In the Bahamas you cant get ultra. I was not drinking it while driving boat for sure since we crossed the nasty Atlantic had to be on my A game. Would love to go to LOTO someday though just for something different.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunradd
She runs 65mph. Not crazy fast but decent until I upgrade motors. Got a friend with a 42 and he put 350s on his and was getting mid 70s then he tuned them to 460s and was getting 89.... I don't really care to go that fast but mid 70s would be nice.

So I was going to build a U shaped lounger in the back but after getting the middle seats installed and taking a trip with a few coolers its getting tight space wise so probably going back with bench or 2 separate seats with step in the middle. Was thinking to build 2 seats with a yeti cooler built into the middle that doubles as a step.
That's pretty good for trip 275 verados. Yeah the more I dreamed about an ideal cockpit layout the more I gravitate towards more of a modular design that's versatile and can be modified for the intended use of the day. Would be nice to be able to fish out the back, hope I don't get trolled for that comment.

What if you had a two piece or maybe three piece bench across the back that could double as an ice chest. The middle piece might be fixed and work like a ladder to the stern as you mentioned in previous post, add some storage to the steps. The side pieces could have built in ice chest instead of the middle piece. Could move one piece in front of the other piece to create a double lounger if needed without taking up all the space. Could remove one piece to open up a spot to stand while fishing off the stern. If you had a lot of people running a poker run or something could remove both back pieces to allow four people to stand up in the back. Might be able to stack the two pieces to lay flush with what's left of your sun pad to extend the sunpad. I would remove the headrest on transom seating to allow people to sit up on top of the sunpad. Could use bean bag chairs on top of the side pieces as well to lift your view out of the cockpit when seating in the back. If it could be done a side door that allows for water access like some of the center consoles would be super cool, but not sure if that's a good idea on an old go-fast.

Love the trip and pictures and the wrap really gives it a more modern look - great timeless design. That's my ultimate dream vacation/lifestyle - an outboard powered go-fast with generator and AC to use on week long run's around Florida coast and to the Bahamas. 2-3 trips a year would be all I need.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 07-02-2021 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
That's pretty good for trip 275 verados. Yeah the more I dreamed about an ideal cockpit layout the more I gravitate towards more of a modular design that's versatile and can be modified for the intended use of the day. Would be nice to be able to fish out the back, hope I don't get trolled for that comment.

What if you had a two piece or maybe three piece bench across the back that could double as an ice chest. The middle piece might be fixed and work like a ladder to the stern as you mentioned in previous post, add some storage to the steps. The side pieces could have built in ice chest instead of the middle piece. Could move one piece in front of the other piece to create a double lounger if needed without taking up all the space. Could remove one piece to open up a spot to stand while fishing off the stern. If you had a lot of people running a poker run or something could remove both back pieces to allow four people to stand up in the back. Might be able to stack the two pieces to lay flush with what's left of your sun pad to extend the sunpad. I would remove the headrest on transom seating to allow people to sit up on top of the sunpad. Could use bean bag chairs on top of the side pieces as well to lift your view out of the cockpit when seating in the back. If it could be done a side door that allows for water access like some of the center consoles would be super cool, but not sure if that's a good idea on an old go-fast.

Love the trip and pictures and the wrap really gives it a more modern look - great timeless design. That's my ultimate dream vacation/lifestyle - an outboard powered go-fast with generator and AC to use on week long run's around Florida coast and to the Bahamas. 2-3 trips a year would be all I need.

Yes She is pretty much all we need! Just need to work out the details. I don't fish at all and just assume to buy it at a restaurant rather then waist relaxing time with my wife drinking beer lol. I thought about building the cooler into the back seat and still might do that. The issue is sometimes I need to get back to a panel behind that seat to top off power steering or maintenance on trim pumps batteries ect. So What ever I do it needs to be removable pretty fast at least in the middle. This trip with the mid seats finally in and 6 of us all doing snorkeling with gear for the first time I felt cramped in the boat. I was like dam I cant do that big L shaped seat I want no room. That was allot of people though and not a normal day.

Next month we plan on taking her to the keys and doing the dry tortugas from our house on the water in newport richey FL. That will be about 20 hours of boating that week. and crazy distance.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 1,320 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunradd
Yes She is pretty much all we need! Just need to work out the details. I don't fish at all and just assume to buy it at a restaurant rather then waist relaxing time with my wife drinking beer lol. I thought about building the cooler into the back seat and still might do that. The issue is sometimes I need to get back to a panel behind that seat to top off power steering or maintenance on trim pumps batteries ect. So What ever I do it needs to be removable pretty fast at least in the middle. This trip with the mid seats finally in and 6 of us all doing snorkeling with gear for the first time I felt cramped in the boat. I was like dam I cant do that big L shaped seat I want no room. That was allot of people though and not a normal day.

Next month we plan on taking her to the keys and doing the dry tortugas from our house on the water in newport richey FL. That will be about 20 hours of boating that week. and crazy distance.

How much gas does it hold?
Old 07-03-2021, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
How much gas does it hold?

2 tanks 110 each so 220 gallons.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:03 PM
Registered

The 12 meter completer her trip to the keys with no issues perfect! We did 769 miles and burned up 686 gallons of fuel lol. We split the ride up into 2 days going down and coming home. That made those days 3 and a half hours on those 4 days. Dry tortugas was an hour and a half ride to the island and same coming back accept ours was longer due to thunder storms. We saw a cool water spout that was all fun and games until the lightning started up right next to us. Really had to watch the fuel burn going to tortugas since its 150 miles round trip with no fuel stops and the weather made that trip longer. All in all a great vacation and boat did fantastic. Will start working on probably back seat soon to get it replaced.

The following 3 users liked this post by Gunradd:
dykstra (07-28-2021), rak rua (07-27-2021), Wildman_grafix (07-28-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.