Old 38SC project >

Old 38SC project

Notices

Old 38SC project

Old 05-02-2021, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Old 38SC project

I can come out of the closet now... I've secretly been enamored with the beak for quite some time. Now I know how it feels to be FREE!!

38SC project
Old 05-02-2021, 08:26 AM
Registered

Okay, the honeymoon's over... like all gorgeous babes (that I've known) the beauty is only skin deep! She needs a complete cabin do-over. The previous owner played surgeon with a Sawzall. Fortunately, through OSO Members Glass Dave, AudioFN, and a few others, I've nearly mastered reglassing stringers. I hope they're still here! And I hope some of you other Fountain DIY'ers can help me piece this train wreck back together. I want to spend the night in it this year.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Your boat looks very nice! I have owned my 1997 38 SC since 2006 and have replaced much but not the interior . I replaced engines, props, stereo, rub rail ,cockpit carpet, seats and aft sundeck upholstery, and so on. If you need a new cockpit carpet, my template with Corinthian carpets is spot on. If you have props that are not ideal I have been down that road to. After 15 years I still I really love this boat for being a good combination of speed and comforts. Hope you will too.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:29 PM
Registered

Stringers are unfortunately not a simple or inexpensive job. Fix it if you are planning to keep for a while and consider the price of a new boat. New boats are so much more costly. Avoid the big price tag of a new boat but still painful to fix.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:44 PM
Registered

Stringers are unfortunately not a simple or inexpensive job. Fix it if you are planning to keep for a while and consider the price of a new boat. New boats are so much more costly. Avoid the big price tag of a new boat but still painful to fix.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:07 PM
Registered

Thanks Pat! I will need new carpet... is there a part number setup with Corinthian?

So far I've only been working out the kinks with the motors and electronics. It's been repowered with 496HO's and 26p bravo props that seem to be matched fairly well. I still have some learning/tweaking to do, but I've seen 63mph at 4500rpm. My biggest learning curve so far is backing up in tight spaces... I envy those guys with joysticks!
Old 08-10-2021, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhammer
Thanks Pat! I will need new carpet... is there a part number setup with Corinthian?

So far I've only been working out the kinks with the motors and electronics. It's been repowered with 496HO's and 26p bravo props that seem to be matched fairly well. I still have some learning/tweaking to do, but I've seen 63mph at 4500rpm. My biggest learning curve so far is backing up in tight spaces... I envy those guys with joysticks!
Nice boat. I've got a 47SC & needed new cockpit carpet. I wanted the Fountain logo on it like the original. Went to Scotty's Canvas in North Fort Myers to see if they could make it. Found out that their supplier was the original maker for the cockpit carpeting for these boats. They still had the templates/ program to make an exact carpet & put the logo in it. It came out beautiful.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:36 PM
Registered

I do really love this boat! It has plenty of speed for me... and on my lake it still gets respect so I'm good!

Pat, when you replaced seats, did you happen to change the side-by-side bolster to two single bolsters? I actually happen to have a couple of old fountain bolsters I am considering putting in it. When I go out with a buddy, that side-by-side feels a little... awkward.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:37 PM
Registered

These are the bolsters I have... I'm pretty sure they're from the same era fountain so should match up fairly well? My only real concern is the step down into the cabin tripping up the passenger. Or, getting in/out of the cabin.

Last edited by jackhammer; 07-12-2022 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhammer

If your props are turning in, it will dock easier turning out. Some guys trim up so reverse works better when props are turning in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.