Prop rotation on a 29 Fever Single

Notices

Prop rotation on a 29 Fever Single

Old 06-12-2003, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Prop rotation on a 29 Fever Single

I've seen 29's w/ singles running LH and RH props - mine was set up for RH prop; however, I am in the process of replacing my drive (due to an unexpected encounter with a crab pot cable) and was looking for input as to whether LH or RH rotation was preferable....

the boat: 1998 29 Fever
motor: 525SC

Also - am considering an IMCO Extreme drive - anyone with a similar set-up?

Thanks for the input.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DirtLawyer

I don't know about the 29, but on the 27 I have seen it both, I had a 1998 27 w/ 502 415 had a LH on it I now have a 2001 27 500efi W/ RH XZ,

On the 27 the Lh hands do not list in mid range, On my 2001 w/ RH it lists to the left in mid range

I would say go with the rh, thats what most singles are? Oh as for the IMCO, think about it HARD!!!!! NO WARRANTY, you should ask about good and bad on them on the main board??

WILL

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 06-12-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see a lot of the stepped singles running the LH. Since your shifters are set-up for the RH and you have a RH prop try that first. To switch all you need is another prop. For testing you don't even have to change the shifter (it will be backwards). Used LH props can be found at very good pricing and if that is the way you decide to go then you can reposition the shifter cable
Old 06-12-2003, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

27 Fountain - I had the same problem at mid-throttle with the right hand prop - the boat wanted to list to the port and the only thing that would correct it was dropping the tab a bit.

I am looking into alternatives to the IMCO, but right now the Bravo XR/XZ are a little more $ than I want to spend - given that I am running a supercharger, I don't want to gamble with a stock Bravo I.

Pachangalpina - before I torched the drive I was going to try a LH prop - the only concern was running the RH drive as a LH drive - especially given the boost of the supercharger.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mike -

Haven't tried the 26 yet - had a small problem with the drive last weekend - wrapped a crab pot cable around it at 50 mph and tore up the upper and lower pretty badly. Hopefully we get the new drive on her next week (waiting on the insurance claims adjuster to check out the pieces and parts) and then I can try to 24 and 26 Hydros.

As for a Bravo holding-up, I am running a non-stock pulley on the 525SC and pushing about 7 lbs of boost when getting on a plane - Mike is a little concerned that the Bravo won't hold up over time and thus we are considering upgrading the drive to an IMCO.

What's the scheduled delivery date for the new Concept? Are you going with twins or trips? Can't wait to see it.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I understand your thinking on the Concept - came close to doing the deal, except my wife liked the Fountain styling better - she wasn't real big on the open feeling of the Concept - personally I loved it.

Smart move on the twins - trips can only mean more $$ in maintenance, gas, etc. etc. etc.

I'll let you know how the 26 works when the new drive is on.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mike -

no problem - would be happy to have you join us on the test runs. I am trying to find a 25P Hydromotive also - that way I can try a 24, 25, and 26 to see what works best. With any luck, we'll be ordering the drive this week and have it installed by next weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Later,
Old 06-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know how that 25 works. I've been considering one for my 29 Fever as well. I like the planing with the 24 I have, but would like more top end. I suspect she'd be a good bit tougher to plane with a 26, so 25 might be the ticket.
Oh yeah, with regard to the original question - she's got LH rotation and is steady as a rock. No listing.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mike -

Thanks - would love to try a 25 before buying it!

Jana -

will keep you posted on the results - thanks for the input on LH/RH.