Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Boat Graphics... Names, Flames and the rest.. >

Boat Graphics... Names, Flames and the rest..

Notices

Boat Graphics... Names, Flames and the rest..

Old 01-31-2004, 11:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FeverFan
The factory test sheet indicated 80 at 5400 RPM. The boat comes with a GPS speedo, and the speedo tatletale was on 80. I had it in the water last year for less than an hour. Without really knowing the boat, doing some things real wrong, three big guys, full tank of fuel on a dead calm (glass) day I hit 76.

It came on plane strong but not mind boogling. The mid range was real real strong. I have sent the prop out and am looking around for ways to get more speed. No rush on anything yet. Just want the name on it....
Old 02-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NoLimits, right on!
Our boats are the same with the exception of hull graphics.
We'll work together on our speed secrets..hehheh.
My bow needs some graphics as well.
Hey what's that valve with the red knob on it, mounted in the center of the transom? I don't have that.
Attached Thumbnails Boat Graphics... Names, Flames and the rest..-hp525.jpg  
Old 02-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, While I was looking at a 29 with a 525 this weekend at a boat show, I noticed that under the swim platform, there is another thru hull fitting mounted on the side. The boat still had the thru hulls for the bilge on the outside in the normal position. What is that for? Some kind of extra water dump for the new 525's?
It is in the general area marked in the pic.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If you follow that line in the engine compartment you will see it goes to another fitting on the bottom of the hull in the step relief. I am told it prevents the prop(s) from drawing air when coming up on plane...I am not sure but I think it is on other models as well, 32, etc. You will also note that the hose is very heavy duty and double clamped, if it were to come off...glug, glug!

My .02 worth...

G-
Old 02-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think it HELPS the prop draw air while getting on plane. Fever Mike said it releases the vacuum caused while getting on plane. Either way it adds air to the propeller.

PurePower, the red knob is the fresh water flush valve to make the water draw from the garden hose fitting instead of the raw water intake. There is also an on off valve in the system.

F
Old 02-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

PurePower,
What Fountainclimber said, the red valve along with the yellow handled valve are for the fresh water flush.
My boat lives on a lift and runs in salt water. I had Fountain install the "plumbing' you see. I also have a sea strainer lower in the engine bay.
My boat mechanic wined a little about the valve setup claiming that the setup causes a reduction in the normal plumbing. Not sure but I think it's probably fine.

I am including a shot of my stern which looks different from US1 Fountain. Clearly the exhaust system is different, but I have two additional ducts coming out above the swim platform. On the engine side are large tubes that disapear down behind the back of the engine. I assumed they were for venting. If I have the fittings marked on US1 Fountain's boat I don't remember and you can't tell from the picture. I didn't include the picture of the back before because I was to lazy to move the ladder and rags...

Mark D - Happy to share the dirt, in fact spent the weekend getting more info to digest. Will wrtie more in the morning. Just finished cleaning up from the Super Bowl party.
Attached Thumbnails Boat Graphics... Names, Flames and the rest..-stern.jpg  

Last edited by nolimits; 02-01-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The 2 vents that you see above the rubrail on your boat are the exits for the bilge blower motors. The picture I posted was of my '94 Fever just as a reference of the area where I seen the extra thru hull. It wasn't until '97 (?) when Fountain added the rear vent holes.

NOW, about these new exhaust tips that Fountain uses?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-02-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:44 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks for the answer about the holes I questioned. Your answer makes sense. Guess I have the fittings in the area you marked but can't remember. Will check them out once my plastic is removed.

Exhaust Tips, good question. I have been told to remove them asap to gain more hp, greater top speed and save the world from hunger. Fountain claims removing them makes no difference except for the noise increase. They sell replacement (5 inch I believe) pipes if one wants to make it louder.

As I remember its an air pump, if you make it vent better you have to make the inlet bigger.....

Last edited by nolimits; 02-02-2004 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Registered

NL,

Yard those tips & let that HP525 BREATH!
Attached Thumbnails Boat Graphics... Names, Flames and the rest..-tips.jpg  

Last edited by Mark D; 02-02-2004 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Registered

Now we're really off subject but how do you like your trailer NoLimits?
What is it, Loadmaster, Ameri Trail, Magic Tilt?

Quick Reply: Boat Graphics... Names, Flames and the rest..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.