Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08 >

Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08

Notices

Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08

Old 11-19-2008, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Important Notice To Those Staying Overnight At South Seas

So far it looks like we have more than 6 families staying overnight at South Seas and I think that could increase to 10 or more which will make for a fun time. If your schedule allows it, after we check out on Sunday, we will have lunch at Cabbage Key before we go our separate ways.

I have spoken to South Seas and they are asking that each individual requiring a room call them and book directly. By mentioning you are with the Ft. Myers Offshore boating group you will get the group rate.

Call Melanie at 239-472-7555 extension 3429.

Rate for a room overlooking the Marina is $174.00 + 6% tax + $12.50 resort fee. Water view is $199.00 + tax + resort fee. Extremely good value for this high end resort.

If you are planning on staying over please let me know.

Bob
Old 11-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boat list udated below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 11-20-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's a map that shows the Punta Rassa ramp, and a larger overview for positioning. Take the exit just before the toll booth.
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08-punta-rassa-1.jpg   Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08-punta-rassa.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-19-2008, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Ken,

Is your boat a 28 or 30?
It's actually a little over 28.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to run my boat in lauderdale this weekend to see if I fixed it. If it runs ok I will be the smallest boat at 25. If it does not run I will ride with bajarick.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jim B
I am going to run my boat in lauderdale this weekend to see if I fixed it. If it runs ok I will be the smallest boat at 25. If it does not run I will ride with bajarick.
Good luck with it Jim. Let us know how it works out. You will be fine with a 25 ftr with the Intercoastal group.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you park your truck and trailer at the punta rassa ramp overnight??

I heard the cape Coral ramps would ticket you if left overnight? I am trying to work somthing in. I have a very busy schedule. There is a very maybe though.......Wife works friday night,(so could not leave friday) have to board the dogs. Drive over from east coast saturday morning real early, drop kids off in the cape(at in laws) and then drive to ramp....its a push

Last edited by bowtye8; 11-19-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtye8

I heard the cape Coral ramps would ticker you if left overnight? I am trying to work somthing in. I have a very busy schedule. There is a very maybe though.......Wife works friday night,(so could not leave friday) have to board the dogs. Drive over from east coast saturday morning real early, drop kids off in the cape(at in laws) and then drive to ramp....its a push
I have parked my trailer and truck over night at cape coral yahct club. All you have to do is tell the harbor master.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bowtye8

I heard the cape Coral ramps would ticket you if left overnight? I am trying to work somthing in. I have a very busy schedule. There is a very maybe though.......Wife works friday night,(so could not leave friday) have to board the dogs. Drive over from east coast saturday morning real early, drop kids off in the cape(at in laws) and then drive to ramp....its a push
Dennis. I have left a vehicle overnight at Punta Rassa, no problem. They have a machine you buy a ticket and display in window. Not sure if it goes more than 24 hrs tho. i know I ran over by a couple of hours and no fine.
It would be great if you can join us.
Bob
Old 11-19-2008, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Amanda and I will be ready! I am putting the Motion back together this week. We should have a total of 4 going in our boat.

Also my father just bought a 32 concept and we took it out this weekend! So I think my parents will be going on the run also. I will know more this week.

We are debating spending the night out at South Seas (would need 3 rooms) but we were concerned that the bar closes early and there would not be another bar open on the grounds? How was it last year?
Don. To answer your last paragraph, last year after dinner a number of us took the South Seas shuttle van to The key Lime Bistro just outside the SSR property. Even tho it was late and the trolley stopped running by the time the group finished up they sent the van out for the late stragglers. There is also the Bubble Room out there and another bar / restaurant who's name escapes me right now. Guess you did not read about the snowman that got tackled and some of the antics that went on. Very memorable and a fun group.
If booking rooms please be sure to read the content in post # 41 for reservations.
Bob

Quick Reply: Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.