Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08 >

Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08

Notices

Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08

Old 11-19-2008, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Thanks Ken, accepted. If the Gulf is reasonably flat you will be fine with the offshore group however you may want to consider going with Group 2 up the protected waters of the Intercoastal waterway. I expect we may get a couple of center consoles and a few boats under 30 in this group. They will just run 45 to 50 max and maybe your wife would be comfortable in that environment. We will have a paceboat with someone familiar with the local waters lead the way. Either way, you will be fine.
The Sanibel Harbor Resort ( I will post a link when I have a bit more time ) is just a half mile from the Sanibel Bridge where we will be starting from. Also the Punta Rassa boat ramp is right along the north side of the bridge immediately before you cross to Sanibel Island. We will get some Google maps posted up soon to help.
Bob
Bob,
I've made reservations for next weekend. Claudia is coming after all, but will most likely not ride. Thanks for all the info. Really looking forward to my first Gulf Coast experience. ken
Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Don. To answer your last paragraph, last year after dinner a number of us took the South Seas shuttle van to The key Lime Bistro just outside the SSR property. Even tho it was late and the trolley stopped running by the time the group finished up they sent the van out for the late stragglers. There is also the Bubble Room out there and another bar / restaurant who's name escapes me right now. Guess you did not read about the snowman that got tackled and some of the antics that went on. Very memorable and a fun group.
If booking rooms please be sure to read the content in post # 41 for reservations.
Bob
Thanks for the info Bob. Yes I did hear about the snowman and the rest of the events that happened last year. Unfortunaitly we will not be able to spend the night. I was informed today that we all ready have plans for Sunday and need to be home Saturday night. Oh well, still looking forward to the run!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Well I signed a 15 page contract and have pre paid for a minimum of 80 lunches this morning. In order not to lose that money if there is to be a postponement of the event because of weather, I must advise South Seas Island Resoprt by 8 am on Wed. the 26th. Lets keep our fingers crossed for good weather and a good trurnout.

When we arrive at South Seas after your boat is secure 2 things need to happen before lunch.

1) All boat Captains must check in with the Dockmaster, present a Credit Card for any purchases you make ( other than lunch ) while on the Resort property. A Resort Card for each person in your crew that can be used for restaurant / bar, shops charges and also allows access to the pool and various ares on the property is available at an additional cost of $12.50 each. Each individual will be responsible to re imburse the Captain of his boat. Individual cards can be arranged for as well by presenting a Credit Card to the Dockmaster.

2) I will stay on my boat on arrival which will serve as an office of sorts where you can make your $100 per boat charitable donation as well as purchase your lunch tickets. Adult lunch is $25.00 + 1.50 sales tax +22% gratuity = $32.00. Children are $17.00 +$1.02 sales tax + 22% gratuity = $21.76.
Please note that if you are there for lunch only and do not use the pool or other resort facilities the resort charge of $12.50 does not apply. ( note- not included in above figures.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-20-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Welcome FMO's newest member, Rodney Law of Ft. Myers. Rodney will be joining us for the Turkey run in his 35' Formula.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updated list see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 11-21-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Welcome FMO's newest member, Rodney Law of Ft. Myers. Rodney will be joining us for the Turkey run in his 35' Formula.
Cool! That's a great looking boat.
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08-fmo_-10.11.08_124.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a blast,stuck in mich.and won't be able to attend.Hope the weather holds ,and everyone has a safe and exciting time! Pete & Sue
Old 11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by peterj
Sounds like a blast,stuck in mich.and won't be able to attend.Hope the weather holds ,and everyone has a safe and exciting time! Pete & Sue
Thanks Peter. You will be missed. Your post was timely as i am sending out an e mail tonight to those that we have not heard back from.
Hopefully see you at the next run on New Years Day, 2009 to MY Island.
All the best,
Bob
Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Heard from Ron & Pam this morning from Sarasota. They have completed their FMO application and will attend in their 39 Nor Tech.
Welcome back, Ron & Pam.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08-funrun11-24049.jpeg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-21-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Glen Gardner ( Don's dad ) will be attending with his 32' Concept. Nice to see some center consoles at the event.
!8 boats now confirmed.
Bob

Quick Reply: Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 29/ 08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.