Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Info / Roll call for FMO Jan 25 / 26 / 27 weekend run to Hyatt Sarasota >

Info / Roll call for FMO Jan 25 / 26 / 27 weekend run to Hyatt Sarasota

Notices

Info / Roll call for FMO Jan 25 / 26 / 27 weekend run to Hyatt Sarasota

Old 01-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Bob, we will be in for $100 on the helicopter.

Kevin
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Helicopter pictures:

We have the helicopter tentatively booked. If you contributed as a helicopter sponsor on the New Years Day run, you should not feel any obligation to do so again for this event. I am sure there are enough people on this run that did not make the NY day run to cover it. So far we have as sponsors:

Mike Case ( Boatfreak ); Alec Cloke ( Catastrophe ), Templeman Family ( Premier Power ); Ryan McClay, Don & Amanda Gardner ( Maritime Eng ), Pierre & Meghan Brousseau.

Congratulations Ryan on your newest Nor Tech. Ryan showed up for the New Years day run in his new 34 NT CC and had so much fun has since purchased Scott Murray's 40 Roadster for the Sarasota run.

Just let me know if you have $ 100 you would like to throw at helicopter sponsorship. Again, no obligation. Jay will take care of those contributing as described above.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-16-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Bob-

We will add $100 to the helicopter fund......
Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob
Meg and I would like to contribute to the helicopter fund as well.We need some pics of the new boat!
Pierre
Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Hi Bob-

We will add $100 to the helicopter fund......
Thanks Don, Pierre & others.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-16-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

SARASOTA UPDATE:

First of all thank you to all who responded to my previous request regarding a head count and payment to FMO. I am still waiting to hear from a few of you. Eric also expresses his thanks for those responding to his requests for your insurance information. Captains should read the following information carefully to minimize any confusion.

Hotel rooms:

I have had some late requests for hotel rooms and after speaking with the Hyatt they advise they are almost sold out and cannot offer rooms any longer at the $ 169.00 price. It appears that the base rate is $ 268 now. The Indigo Hotel which is a 3 minute walk away, has rooms for $ 180 a night at this time. http://www.hotelindigo.com/hotels/us...iclientid=1933

Dockage on arrival:

As previously stated there are only 28 slips available for our group of approximately 30 boats at this time. The boats on the waiting list for the Hyatt Marina will get in if there are further cancellations or if a couple of boats suffer a mechanical problem and do not make it to Sarasota. I would ask those few boats to just stand off on arrival at the Hyatt and once we have everyone in, we will see if you can be accommodated. If not, then Marina Jacks is just a few minutes away on the south side of the bridge. An e mail will go out to all Captains just dealing with docking procedures closer to event time.

Saturday evening dinner:

For our entre’ at the Saturday evening dinner, we have a choice of herbed provincial chicken, bronzed salmon, grilled sirloin steak or vegetarian. I have until noon Tuesday Jan 22nd to advise the Hyatt on everyones choice. If each Captain will consult with his / her crew and let me know, by then, please. (e mail only) If I do not hear back on this, chicken is the default choice. We will start off with a B & W rocket salad, and finish up with creme brulee.

Party in the “Boathouse” Saturday evening:

After dinner, we will all head out into the “ Boathouse “ and party for the balance of the evening. The DJ is booked and did a great job of entertaining us last year. FMO corporate sponsors, Nor Tech Hi Performance Boats and Double R Performance are going to buy everyone in attendance a drink at the party. Drink tickets will be handed out as you enter the Boathouse. Thank you Raymond, Peter, Trond and all the great people at Nor Tech and DoubleR. Very nice.

Helicopter photo shoot:

Having just had Jay in a helicopter at our NYD run, it was not in our plans to do it again so soon. Some have been asking about the possibility of doing it again and have offered to contribute financially. So far we have 6 offers of $ 100 each which gets us half way there. If you contributed as a helicopter sponsor on the New Years Day run, you should not feel any obligation to do so again for this event. If you did not make that run and would like to contribute towards this one, please let me know. As I said, no obligation. We have the helicopter on hold for this and will do it if 6 more sponsors come forward. As mentioned, Jay will provide you with a large picture of your boat and discount any additional prints you may order.

Optional Saturday lunch run:

We are expecting that some of the local offshore boaters will join us for a lunch run to the Tarpon Pointe Grill on Saturday. We will idle out of the harbor into Sarasota Bay at noon for the start. I am told it is about a 25 mile run and some in our group have been there. It is one of the few places on the water that can accommodate a group our size. This is optional and if people want to leave their boat in port and relax, that is OK too. More information will be forthcoming on this as we get closer to the date. I am suggesting that everyone fuel up on the return to be ready for Sunday morning departure for Cape Coral etc. I will also eventually make available info on at least 3 different refueling locations that I am aware of.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bob-

We will add $100 to the helicopter fund.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks guys!

[youtube]arZdeg_fL-I[/youtube]

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Helicopter contributors to date:

Mike Case ( Boatfreak ); Alec Cloke ( Catastrophe ), Templeman Family ( Premier Power ); Ryan McClay, Don & Amanda Gardner ( Maritime Eng ), Pierre & Meghan Brousseau, Brad & Tami Sanders, Tom & Rhonda Derhammer (Scarab98), Steve & Laura Behnke ( Rocketman), Alan Doherty, Glen & Laurel Fuller ( Glenthecanadian ), Bill Buchanan ( Oneanddone )

Great response. We now have our 12 sponsors and I can confirm the heli photo shoot will take place. Details will follow next week.

Thank you all once again. No wonder FMO is becoming one of the greatest little clubs in America.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-18-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Updated Sarasota participant list:

1) Bob Barnhart, Marco Island; ON / 50 Nor Tech / 6 people
2) Tom & Rhonda Derhammer, North Port; IN / 37 Active Thunder / 6 people confirmed
3)Steve & Laura Behnke, Cape Coral; MI / 37 Active Thunder / 5 people confirmed
4) Eric & Keri Belisle, Ft Myers / 32 Spectre / 4 people, confirmed
5) Andy Templeman, Punta Gorda; IN / 43 Donzi / 4 people confirmed
6)Alan Doherty, Cape Coral; MA / 38 Cig Top Gun / 4 people confirmed
7) Sam & Joy Maye / Cape Coral; ON / 42 Fountain / to advise on # attending
8) Bill & Lori Lemanske. FMB; MI / 39 Nor Tech CC / 7 people confirmed
9) Bob & Jane Burger, Ft Myers; MI / 39 Nor Tech / 5 people confirmed
10) Don & Amanda Gardner, Cape Coral / 32 Doug Wright / 2 people confirmed
11) Rob D'Angelo, FMB; MI / 38 Donzi / 4 people confirmed
12) Bob & Betsy MacDonald; New Pt Richey; Cape Coral / 38 Awesome cat / 4 + people ( to be confirmed )
13) Dennis Sinacola, MI / 43 Black Thunder / 2 people confirmed
14) Pierre & Meghan Brousseau, Cape Coral; ON / 36 Nor Tech cat / 3 people confirmed
15) Keith & Audrey Workman, New York / 42 Fountain / 4 people confirmed
16) Kenny Disturbing Behaviour Jensen, Cape Coral; ON / 44 Nor Tech cat / 4 +/- people to confirm
17) Guy Poirier, Charlie Costa; Cape Coral / 2+ people to confirm
18) Stan & Inez Quinn. Cape Coral; ON / 32 Sunsation / 4 people confirmed
19) Don Messner, Cape Coral; PA / 38 Cigarette / 4 people confirmed
20) Gar and Phyllis Menafee, Punta Gorda / 33' Fountain / 2 people confirmed
21) Brad & Tami Sanders, Ft Myers / Motion / 2 people confirmed
22) Mike Case, IN / 37 Active Thunder / 4 people confirmed
23) Alec Cloke, Cape Coral; ON / 43 Nor Tech CC / to advise # attending
24) Bob Martin, Cape Coral / 39 Sutphen / 5 people confirmed
25) Glen Fuller / Jeff Haylett, FMB; MI; ON / 47 Outerlimits / 5 people confirmed
26) Brian & Jill Hoagg, Ontario / 34 Hustler / 2 people (to confirm)
27) Bill Buchanan, Ft. Myers / 29 Fountain / 4 people confirmed
28) Ken & Karen Trelfa / FMB; MI / to confirm # attending
29) Martin Proulx, 39 Outerlimits /Cape Coral; Sherbrooke, QC / 2 people confirmed
30) Ryan McClay, 40 Nor Tech Roadster cat / Ontario, CAN / to confirm # attending

Considering a Saturday morning run up to Sarasota:

1) Scott Campbell
2) Vincent Scolpino

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-17-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.