Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Notices

Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Old 04-11-2005, 12:41 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
They want to compete with Nor-Tech no doubt, but with insurance for 120mph+ cats non-existent they'll have a hard time selling them.
Is it any easier to insure a 120+ mph vee bottom........?

Bottom line....OL has an autoclave......they can potentially build the highest quality cats out there with that technology.

This should be interesting...and....... at the veryleast...... they won't need 50,000 Hp to make the boats go fast.

T2x
Old 04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
They want to compete with Nor-Tech no doubt, but with insurance for 120mph+ cats non-existent they'll have a hard time selling them.
i think they will sell every one they can make... just ask nor-tech, i think they are sold out for the year.... and you can get insurance for anything, just takes $$$
Old 04-11-2005, 01:44 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
They are not the only one's with an autoclave.

they will be second to the market with an autoclaved cat
I know Popeye's had one built back in the day..... and Ten Cara's used that technique.....

Who else is baking their cats?

T2x
Old 04-11-2005, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Phone call...... Hi insurance man, Hi I just bought a new Outerlimits and I need insurance, ok hold on, that's a V hull right.
AHHH NO its a CAT. pause..... Ummm Hold on I need to get the adding machine out.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:13 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
They are not the only one's with an autoclave.

they will be second to the market with an autoclaved cat

i bet an autoclaved cat would turn out pretty nice....
Old 04-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wwwTOPDJcom
Phone call...... Hi insurance man, Hi I just bought a new Outerlimits and I need insurance, ok hold on, that's a V hull right.
AHHH NO its a CAT. pause..... Ummm Hold on I need to get the adding machine out.
not only did he need to get the adding machine out, but another roll of adding tape.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:23 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
You can insure any cat. Premiums are 5-10% of value.
10% of $900,000? (do we think OL is going to make one for less) I don't care how much money you have, its friggin rediculous
Old 04-11-2005, 06:23 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG
10% of $900,000? (do we think OL is going to make one for less) I don't care how much money you have, its friggin rediculous
At that rate, shouldn't everyone's rates for our affordable boats go down?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I know Popeye's had one built back in the day..... and Ten Cara's used that technique.....

Who else is baking their cats?

T2x
I believe Platinum has an autoclave, but from what I understand it is not big enough for the cats. So, only the 40 foot v-bottom will be baked. I believe the cats have been laid up by Skater. However, I've been known to be wrong in the past.

This should be interesting. Peter may have some competition for the "end all, be all of cats" in the near future. Perhaps he'll even have another competitor enter the market with an even more unique construction technique/design theory...
Old 04-11-2005, 06:33 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Miller
Perhaps he'll even have another competitor enter the market with an even more unique construction technique/design theory...

maybe......

Quick Reply: Outerlimits staged to become a premiere High Perfromance Catamaran Builder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.