Insurance for young person

Notices

Insurance for young person

Old 05-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance for young person

Hi Guys,
Right now my father and I are looking at purchasing an 02 Donzi 33zx Daytona with 575SCi's and so far all was going well with insurance untill it got to the underwriters and they denied me coverage because I am 19 . I realize I am young and the boat is fast, but there must be someone out there that will insure my father and I!! Also, they quoted $5300/yr for just my father who is 53 yrs old with a clean record (which by himself was approved), is this high or about the norm??
Any suggestions for companies to try?? Maybe some younger people on here or parents with young adult children such as myself??
Thanks!!
Evan
Old 05-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Insurance for young person

it will be very hard for you, intil you have a proven track record.

check with
Sy Goldberg @ Total dollar marine

Offshore Risk insurance

Seahorse marine insurance

good luck, Tom
Old 05-12-2005, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get a smaller lower power boat and insure it so you can build on a good INSURED history, Oh and keep you drivers Lic clean as possible too
Old 05-13-2005, 06:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wwwTOPDJcom
get a smaller lower power boat and insure it so you can build on a good INSURED history, Oh and keep you drivers Lic clean as possible too
I agree, I think it's going to be next to impossible to find insurance for that boat for a 19 year old individual. Insurance on performance boats is getting harder and harder and more expensive every day.

For yourself, get a boat that doesn't run out of the 60's and build on that. I know you probably don't want to hear that but unless you want to pay a handsome fortune for insurance, that's what you are going to have to do. Good luck...
Old 05-13-2005, 06:30 AM
Registered

Insurance for this sport has gotten way out of hand. I do feek for you though because when I was 19 I paid $800 a year for a 16 ft Donzi with a 305 in it. When I was 20 I paid $950 for a 27 Progression and now I am 28 and paying $2300 for a new 29 Progression. This is crazy!!! Oh yeh I forgot to mention that I have had performance boat history since I was 10. Never had a claim and never will file with these rates. So the point is it never gets better. They just want you to keep paying.

Or as Masher likes it? They keep sticking it up our asses because it is a performance boat.

Good luck and keep working to pay the insurance bills!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Registered

[Or as Masher likes it? They keep sticking it up our asses because it is a performance boat.

Good luck and keep working to pay the insurance bills!!!!!![/QUOTE]

AMEN BROTHER
Old 05-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Call SY at 845-356-7251. He'll tell you how to get this done properly.
I don't think it should be too big an issue... unless for some reason you were going to be the primary operator...not running with Dad... (I don't know you, but this may be a mistake)

I paid about $1500 for my 28 Pantera insurance last year.. I am 28... I claimed a top speed of 65.. Boat had twin 502s, and yes, I had about 15 years of boating experience.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

We don't have all the facts here... but look at it the other way...
If you were Mr. Insurance.... Would you insure any 19 year old guy on a 80+mph 33' performance boat..? No flippin' way!
I spent my younger years on a 23 Donzi with a 350....
My skills were great, but at 17,18,19, do you think I should have been out there with more machine than that??? NO..

Not tryin' to be an azz.. Just wondering why you would really be named on the insurance policy for that boat. I would expect that Dad would be in the left bolster if you were behind the wheel...
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-13-2005, 08:07 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all a matter of experience. I don't care how old dad is, if this is a first boat of this kind it's too much boat. A 33 w/ 575's is a handfull. I think that boat can run better than 80. If not, BUYAFOUNTAIN.COM (joking around). Start with something a little more tame.

Crawl before you walk or run because it hurts a lot less when you fall.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

AMG, was the plan for you to be insured so you could run the boat by yourself? Hope not.....unless you can prove some incredible prior experience in fast boats.

Quick Reply: Insurance for young person

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.