Notices

Insurance Question

Old 05-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Steve_H

Default Re: Insurance Question

Originally Posted by buck183
They also insured my Scarab I recently sold. My agent has given me several quotes on boats I have been looking recently too. Some of those boats include Active Thunder, Cigarette Bullet, 28 Apache, 33 Outlaw, and Pantera. I was given quotes without any reservations. My previous policy was never questioned at all and it WAS an agreed replacement value policy. I made that very clear going into the deal.

We've had this "State Farm" discussion on here more times than I can remember. It all boils down to the region you are in and the agent you have. The bottom line is they do and will insure our boats depending on the situation. I had my last policy for three years and I had one price increase that was $25.

Buck
theres a thing called "errors and omissions policy". when an agent writes coverage outside the companys critera and a claim is made it "might" be covered if the agent has the E & O policy. at least thats how it was explained to me by a retired insurance agent.

Old 05-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

State Farm has my boat, as did with the last owner as well. I sent full specs and pictures of my boat to the regional office and had the cheif adjuster OK it personally.

Its all in your agent. My State Farm Lady is like a second Mom to me, and they take good care of me.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
State Farm has my boat, as did with the last owner as well. I sent full specs and pictures of my boat to the regional office and had the cheif adjuster OK it personally.

Its all in your agent. My State Farm Lady is like a second Mom to me, and they take good care of me.
What power and top speed is your boat?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Registered

Help.
I have State Farm for everything.
Had a reeeeaaallly good agent in Indiana, but have since moved to Ohio.
ASKED the agent before I traded my Cigarette (albeit a 20') in for a 38' Scarab (with mild power-Tiz Bads old boat). They said OKAY about a month ago......Last Friday afternoon, the agent calls and says he CAN'T
insure my boat, but will carry it till I get new carrier (what a guy).
Thinking about moving ALL my insurance at this point, though I have had nothing but good luck with State Farm.
What do I do.
Look at other insurance companies....try a different State Farm office.....
sell my boat and go back to bikes....?
So what advice would you give me.

Signed
PO'd in Toledo
Old 05-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Twin 496HOs; top speed of 75. They were also willing to do my old boat with HP500EFI.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:51 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ernie davis
Help.
I have State Farm for everything.
Had a reeeeaaallly good agent in Indiana, but have since moved to Ohio.
ASKED the agent before I traded my Cigarette (albeit a 20') in for a 38' Scarab (with mild power-Tiz Bads old boat). They said OKAY about a month ago......Last Friday afternoon, the agent calls and says he CAN'T
insure my boat, but will carry it till I get new carrier (what a guy).
Thinking about moving ALL my insurance at this point, though I have had nothing but good luck with State Farm.
What do I do.
Look at other insurance companies....try a different State Farm office.....
sell my boat and go back to bikes....?
So what advice would you give me.

Signed
PO'd in Toledo
that is the story i hear more often than not about state farm (and the other mainstream insurers...) the agent will take it, they love the money, but make sure you read deep into the policy.... i got the same phone call 2 weeks after i bought the boat.... the quotes are worthless if they won't write the policy or cancel it a few weeks in when somebodyelse catches it....

and my guy said the underwriter said it was 70 (might have been 75 MPH) that they stop writing for... and that is using their calcs which are a little on the low side i think, they figured my boat at 90 even though i told them we went 100 on the test ride..... i didn't want there to be any question about what they were insuring... i have markel now..
Old 05-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I just got off the phone with my State Farm agent. Just for giggles I got a quote from him on Steve Hs Apache. He quoted me $890 a year with a 45k replacement value.

Buck
Old 05-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I just got off the phone with my State Farm agent. Just for giggles I got a quote from him on Steve Hs Apache. He quoted me $890 a year with a 45k replacement value.

Buck
See if he can write a 2002 Cigarette Gladiator with twin 750hp and a top speed of 107mph. Replacement value ?
Maybe $175k?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:47 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buck
my agent quote mine too, even took my money before he found out he couldn't write it.....

i agree they probably will write that..... but call with a real high performance boat... not some old resin bucket.... how's the back steve?

anyway...

call with the gladiator or even a top gun with stock power like 525's.... 70 MPH, 45k boats are easy to write... get up to the 85 + MPH boats and replacement values of 150K+ and see what they are doing with those.... and if you want a good giggle, ask about a cat....
Old 05-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
and if you want a good giggle, ask about a cat....

Quick Reply: Insurance Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.