Like Tree0Likes

Insurance Question

Reply
Old 05-17-2005, 07:08 PM
  #41
Registered
 
buck183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Siloam Springs, Ar.
My Boats: 1989 Cigarette Bullet
Posts: 4,655
Default Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig223
What did they say about a Bullet??? Give me a call Buck
LOL....Don't think for a second I haven't thought about it Craig. It's been on my mind since the day you posted you were looking at a TG.

Buck
buck183 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:10 PM
  #42
Registered
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
and what is your boat insurance right now?
cheapest on OSO
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:11 PM
  #43
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck183
Sean, your right....I don't think that will be a popular statement. I consider myself a performance boater and will never own anything of that caliber.


Buck

performance boater/performance boat and a "high performance boat" are two different things to me, and i don't think that is a knock at anybody... every year the performance of boats goes up, and the classifaction of those boats has to rise accordingly... you can't group a 46 skater with 1350's and a 29 fountain with a 500 into the same category can you?
that is all i was getting at.....

maybe we need a "super high performance" category for the new cigs, OL's, nor-techs, skaters and others like that out there... because those are the boats i think of when somebody says performance today...
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:01 PM
  #44
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck183
LOL....Don't think for a second I haven't thought about it Craig. It's been on my mind since the day you posted you were looking at a TG.

Buck
Confuscious say...Special deal for you!! You must call for special price...and the insurance isn't that bad because it's less than 1000 HP.
__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:58 PM
  #45
Registered
 
buck183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Siloam Springs, Ar.
My Boats: 1989 Cigarette Bullet
Posts: 4,655
Default Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
performance boater/performance boat and a "high performance boat" are two different things to me, and i don't think that is a knock at anybody... every year the performance of boats goes up, and the classifaction of those boats has to rise accordingly... you can't group a 46 skater with 1350's and a 29 fountain with a 500 into the same category can you?
that is all i was getting at.....

maybe we need a "super high performance" category for the new cigs, OL's, nor-techs, skaters and others like that out there... because those are the boats i think of when somebody says performance today...
You make some very good pionts in that statement Sean. Nothing I can argue with that's for sure. Those above mentioned boats are in a whole league of their own. The insurance issues with them are something I won't have the fortune of worrying about in this lifetime.

Here's my point from this whole discussion. Let's take a look at Griff's Pantera w/ a 525 sc or Cattitude's with a 575 sc. These would easily be considered High Performance boats by everyone on here. For some reason there are those on here that can't even get their local agent to touch something like this. Some people are being dropped for boats like these. This astounds me. Why is it I can go down to my local agent and get VERY reasonably priced insurance on a boat like this but the next guy can't even get quoted on one?

I could easily name 50 other boats that would fall into this catagory.

Buck
buck183 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:59 PM
  #46
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Tampa,Fl.
My Boats: 2001 26 ZX DONZI 496HO
Posts: 1,124
Default Re: Insurance Question

Why cant the insurance companies just put everything that floats in there pool. Thus Hi-perf would carry maybe a 1500 mark up right outa the chute and it seems the pool would be stronger and bigger($$$$) for lower rates.Why do they put us in a class all of our own? Now I agree with Sean H some classes should be Ultra_Hi-perf...this would be your exotics or anything running over 125 mph. Just my 02 cents worth
Donzi Corleone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:12 PM
  #47
Registered
 
gsmith9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tulsa, oklahoma
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
State Farm has my boat, as did with the last owner as well. I sent full specs and pictures of my boat to the regional office and had the cheif adjuster OK it personally.

Its all in your agent. My State Farm Lady is like a second Mom to me, and they take good care of me.
I am a insurance adjuster for certain underwriters of Lloyds and I tell people all the time, your mom can be your agent and it does not matter. It is all in the policy.
gsmith9898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:27 PM
  #48
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck183
You make some very good pionts in that statement Sean. Nothing I can argue with that's for sure. Those above mentioned boats are in a whole league of their own. The insurance issues with them are something I won't have the fortune of worrying about in this lifetime.

Here's my point from this whole discussion. Let's take a look at Griff's Pantera w/ a 525 sc or Cattitude's with a 575 sc. These would easily be considered High Performance boats by everyone on here. For some reason there are those on here that can't even get their local agent to touch something like this. Some people are being dropped for boats like these. This astounds me. Why is it I can go down to my local agent and get VERY reasonably priced insurance on a boat like this but the next guy can't even get quoted on one?

I could easily name 50 other boats that would fall into this catagory.

Buck
i think we agree, just in different ways... i agree, single engine 20 something boats should be easliy insurable by qualified owners... but i think both of those boats fit in your less than 1000 HP and less than 100k, so most insurers should be able to do those boats.... but it is still their risk to take, some might be just chosing not too... i have had a few cars that state farm didn't want to insure, but after some number juggling we worked it out.... it was all about risk versus reward for them...
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
  #49
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bartlesville, OK
My Boats: 42 MTI Supercat - Merc 1200SCI's
Posts: 967
Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Offshore
See if he can write a 2002 Cigarette Gladiator with twin 750hp and a top speed of 107mph. Replacement value ?
Maybe $175k?
What truck are you using to get that speed?
Mac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:49 PM
  #50
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Metairie, LA
My Boats: 42 Cigarette Tiger w/6's, 28 Cigarette SS
Posts: 433
Default Re: Insurance Question

I'm so frustrated with high premiums, I'm seriously considering liability coverage only.

An older straight bottom Top Gun with approx. 1900hp, valued low at $110,000 and half million liability is still costing $4,800 year.

I agree with Speed 2Lead, Blackadar was the best for years at around $2,600/year.

When is the relief on the way? It doesn't run 120mph.........
CignificantOther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hurleyr
Insurance and Finance
5
07-06-2008 07:25 PM
elvisali
Insurance and Finance
0
09-09-2007 01:33 PM
dreamboater
Eliminator
10
11-05-2005 01:56 AM
innthered
General Boating Discussion
5
07-05-2005 08:46 PM
Poorsche
General Boating Discussion
1
06-25-2005 09:14 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.