Notices

noise rules vs race boat

Old 05-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: noise rules vs race boat

I would think owning or having a sales reciept saying its a "Race Boat" will have some insurance implications.
In NJ Ive also come up against a "Title Jump" with my new (to me) boat. This is where the boat passes from an owner that never registers it, to a new owner that tries to. It must be registered with every owner, obviously they are looking for sales tax revenue. Now try going backwards and telling the guy you bought it from he has to dish out 10k for sales tax
Old 05-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrum
I would think owning or having a sales reciept saying its a "Race Boat" will have some insurance implications.
In NJ Ive also come up against a "Title Jump" with my new (to me) boat. This is where the boat passes from an owner that never registers it, to a new owner that tries to. It must be registered with every owner, obviously they are looking for sales tax revenue. Now try going backwards and telling the guy you bought it from he has to dish out 10k for sales tax
Very good points. My boat is already titled and registered. Might be cheaper to just pay the ticket ($275) when they catch me while I carry the relevant part of the rules on my boat so I can argue that it is exempt if pulled over. First they have to catch me though:-) Hopefully as long as I avoid other boats, stay out in the middle of the bay, and never go slower than 90...
Old 05-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
Gibson Powercurves. Tested to 1200HP, will reduce to within 88db per Cali 2005 laws. $499/pair

www.gibsonperformance.com
I have Gibson's on my boat...they work great