Notices

Sarasota Races Wtf

Old 06-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Sarasota Races Wtf

Originally Posted by BAJABOAT

Addiction I heard one of your old drivers might be back for that weekend and maybe able to help out!!
Oh.......I guess I'm not invited then.....

Jeeez...Crown....Drink a Beer !!! ..{Although I agree 100%}
Old 06-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blah.. Blah.. Blah Blahh. And to close to Only real boat ramp for less than what 45 boat to race this event. Let's see what 35 boat at each SBI event so far this year. Let see how many boats show up in Marathon to keep the average going to what less than 30 racing.

Boat ramp closed the entire Thu-Sun to have the boats moved to Robarts each day after testing, and testing is only a few hours each day. With over 20,000 boats registered in the county- to close the ramp entirely for the amount boats that race in SBI is the kicker here... I bet no Supercats even show up for this race. Talk about headlines with this event.

I'm sure the PRESS in Sarasota will have fun with this on the weekend. They are calling for comments and quotes already..
Old 06-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya about the closing the boat ramps. In the Aug. 03 Sarasota Offsore Showdown, we were REQUIRED to keep two ramps open (4 launch lanes) for the general public to use. I can't even begin to figure out the logic of whatever bonehead decided all the ramps had to be closed for the reasons you stated. That really pisses me off. With all the boats going back to "Mudville" it's not like parking is going to be an overwhelming problem. Back when there were 90 boats or more I could see it, but not with the boat count what it is these days. It's just plain not necessary and a major inconviience for a lot of people that support these races.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by birdog
Oh.......I guess I'm not invited then.....

Jeeez...Crown....Drink a Beer !!! ..{Although I agree 100%}
You know that you always have an open invite.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
I hear ya about the closing the boat ramps. In the Aug. 03 Sarasota Offsore Showdown, we were REQUIRED to keep two ramps open (4 launch lanes) for the general public to use. I can't even begin to figure out the logic of whatever bonehead decided all the ramps had to be closed for the reasons you stated. That really pisses me off. With all the boats going back to "Mudville" it's not like parking is going to be an overwhelming problem. Back when there were 90 boats or more I could see it, but not with the boat count what it is these days. It's just plain not necessary and a major inconviience for a lot of people that support these races.
That is the reason that I am not going to take the Bullet out I dont feel like having to trailer it so far away to launch it when I live two miles from the ramp. All the other smaller ramps will be packed and they are small anyway.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJABOAT
That is the reason that I am not going to take the Bullet out I dont feel like having to trailer it so far away to launch it when I live two miles from the ramp. All the other smaller ramps will be packed and they are small anyway.

Not sure where you live but the ramp in Nokomis isn't too far away. From the US41/John Ringling Causeway intersection it will take you 25/30 minutes to get there. Although it's not my favorite it will launch a boat. Have to be careful at dead low tide though be sure to tuck your drives up a bit.

Venice RR station is a good ramp but a little steep. PLENTY of water though.

Pretty decent parking at both spots. Just a suggestion.

I'm going to email Lou Anne Palmer (city commissioner) and ask her why they can't keep a couple of lanes open.