Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New York City Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105511-new-york-city-poker-run.html)

otis311 06-22-2005 03:07 PM

Re: New York City Poker Run

Originally Posted by Tricky919
Otis, it was good meeeting you. How was the run for you? I had to leave right after, so i couldn't get back. Catch you again, next year.........

The run was a long but fun one for us. I snapped a drive right at the first card stop. It was a 4 hour idle back to LLM. We stopped at a couple of boats that were rafted off watching the event and bummed some beer, then made a phone call and had a boat that was behind us stop at a marina store and get us some more... So we had the tunes cranked up and had a slow scenic ride back down the river. Nice meeting you and Im glad you got going just before the run. I was worried my phone drained your batteries ..lmao

Bob

otis311 06-22-2005 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
So is there an OFFICIAL award for King of Hudson, and if so, who recieved it?

The award was for "best navigator" It went to Oliver Bock in the 47 OL

animalhouse 06-22-2005 06:28 PM

Freedom US-1,

There was not a hopped up start, this year showed a V-bottom first because of the Outerlimits exceptional rough water handeling.

All the top boats left at the same time.

Bob Russell and Mike Fiore prooved that the right driver / throttleman can make up for a lack of horsepower. They finished right behind Vinny, and were only capable of running 125 mph.

Sonicdriver 06-22-2005 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Freedom US-1,

There was not a hopped up start, this year showed a V-bottom first because of the Outerlimits exceptional rough water handeling.

Bob Russell and Mike Fiore prooved that the right driver / throttleman can make up for a lack of horsepower. They finished right behind Vinny, and were only capable of running 125 mph.

I think I'm going to....Yup.. I just puked all over myself.

Tricky919 06-22-2005 08:47 PM

I'm glad i got it started also, i saw one of the Outer Limits crew guys on the dock carrying a battery jump box, so i ran up to him and asked him to give me a hand and he said sorry, i can't, i have to go.

stecz20 06-22-2005 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tricky919
I'm glad i got it started also, i saw one of the Outer Limits crew guys on the dock carrying a battery jump box, so i ran up to him and asked him to give me a hand and he said sorry, i can't, i have to go.

i would have given you a battery out of my boat.... you asked the wrong group of guys... they are very particular who they even talk to.. why i dont know... i dot think your money is as green as theirs.... stecz

FREEDOM US1 06-22-2005 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Freedom US-1,

Great, I really like running with the Outerlimits guys, Sounds like you all have a lot of fun on the New York run. Hope to get up there next year. I'll see you guys in Sarasota. Will the new cat be done by then?

yesrej 06-22-2005 09:24 PM

i had to add this. sorry it took so long. http://frontiernet.net/~djersey/
i think that should work. there are two videos. the one is we were watching the run when i was buzzed by tantrum when he was doing 100 mph. the second is the beginning of the run.

stecz20 06-22-2005 09:32 PM

nice vids.. so when are we going out again???

Tricky919 06-22-2005 09:33 PM

Thanks Stecz, your like me, i would do whatever i could for anybody. It would have ytaken all of about 2 min of his time. I got it going anyway and had a blast.