Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Att: New Hampshire Boaters

Pass this new website around http://www.opposehb162.com/
Old 06-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Registered

in reference to more people attending the hearings and sending the bill up the food chain. If anybody knew how the legislative process works in New Hampshire, they would know that EVERY bill has to go to the house for a vote, the committee is nothing more than a group who makes a recommendation so that all the house representatives don't have to do their own research. So to suggest that more people should attend inorder to make the committee pass it to the house is simply inaccurate. The key is to win over the committee so they make a recommendation to not pass this law, it has to go to the House regardless!!!

Do some research buddy!!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by winni laker
in reference to more people attending the hearings and sending the bill up the food chain. If anybody knew how the legislative process works in New Hampshire, they would know that EVERY bill has to go to the house for a vote, the committee is nothing more than a group who makes a recommendation so that all the house representatives don't have to do their own research. So to suggest that more people should attend inorder to make the committee pass it to the house is simply inaccurate. The key is to win over the committee so they make a recommendation to not pass this law, it has to go to the House regardless!!!

Do some research buddy!!

And would you be referring to anyone specifically with your last comment?
Old 06-24-2005, 04:28 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
And would you be referring to anyone specifically with your last comment?
I am sure its this "member"
fasterthanthou
Please bring all of your friends and relatives so the halls are packed. Bring seperate cars if you can, so the parking lots are packed. It is critical that there are as many people as possible in attendance to every hearing.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Registered

Okay, guess I'll pick my gloves back up off the ice. I thought he might be referring to me.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:46 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man we're all getting so defensive here on oso
Old 06-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CMG
man we're all getting so defensive here on oso

With me it's primarily the "Winni" issue. I've had so many battles with so many idiots up there it doesn't take much to get me going.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Registered

FO, it was certainly not you. The supporters of the bill have inclined that if lots of people go to the hearings, suggests that the committee must feel obligated to pass the bill onto the house for a vote. The attempt was reverse pyschology, a poor one at that, since the bill has to go to the house anyways, regardless. The more people at the hearing AND signing the petition there will show the committee which folks are voting for. What makes me wonder is, if they feel so comfortable about winning this thing, why do they stoop to these types of tactics.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by winni laker
FO, it was certainly not you. The supporters of the bill have inclined that if lots of people go to the hearings, suggests that the committee must feel obligated to pass the bill onto the house for a vote. The attempt was reverse pyschology, a poor one at that, since the bill has to go to the house anyways, regardless. The more people at the hearing AND signing the petition there will show the committee which folks are voting for. What makes me wonder is, if they feel so comfortable about winning this thing, why do they stoop to these types of tactics.

My apologies. You are right on the mark about their "reverse psychology" concept. Fasterthancrap tried that end around to the "for" website which I got poofed in the other Speed Limit Thread. These weinies are so desperate in their attempt to rid "Lake Winnie" of the offshore boats that they will attempt ANYTHING to get their way. The only they they DON'T have is FACT on their side, ergo they have to resort to "trickery".

Bottom line would seem to be that the more people who voice their opinion in opposition to the proposed bill, the less of a chance it will be passed. Basic common sense.

I wish you guys the best of luck up there in your fight against those lying self centered azzholes.

Quick Reply: Att: New Hampshire Boaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.