Notices

Which mufflers to buy

Old 06-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Which mufflers to buy

Have been testing mufflers at loto now for weeks. working with ggb, hpi, cmi, gibson. so far the ggb's on wet and dry applications are working the best. I'm testing on 850 and 1150hp blower motors, have dropped the 1150's from 123db open to 99db with the new 6" insert. they are revamping it now still a little too small in diameter and needs 6" more. I think we will be close to 90 db using j-2005 test. Hpi is aqlso working on a muffler that I think will be close as well. they are both inserts. so far no power loss, but 33db decrease is unbelievable, these guys should be commended. cmi has there new sound reduction system out with high tech technology and spring loaded tips, also I think the turn downs are awesome in some applications. we are working to integrate them into the styling of the Nortech cats. Bacardi silver has all there boats rigged with them. they are so quiet its sickning, plus Dave Scott installed them to where they actually enhance the look of the boat, good job Dave. will follow up with more results. All of these companies are awesome and we will soon be able to tame the highest horsepower motors with little or no power loss. this technology is not cheap but at least you can run legal.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My GGB's just arrived, and I wasn't expecting them until tomorrow. I placed the order with Trick late Monday afternoon. I hope to do a before and after video to show the difference. Mybe Fred can put them on the Trick site.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Wiggler4490...I sent you a PM a few weeks ago with some contact info for the guys @ Zoomers. Did you get it?
Old 06-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Registered

I bought the GGB's they work well, my neighbor says the boat sounds the best it ever has.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad to hear that!

I just got a shipment of the new GGB Cyclone Series in. They look good and are quite a bit cheaper than the Extremes. They are good for up to 500hp with no hp loss. They retail for $300 per set for clamp on or transom mounts. I just put a set on a customers DCB29 with 550hp mils with absolutely no performance loss.

Fionn
Old 06-30-2005, 07:13 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I got my GGB Extremes today. I will have them on this weekend. Thanks Fred from TrickMarine
Old 07-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered

The GGB's were packaged great and look great.
Attached Thumbnails Which mufflers to buy-p1010658.jpg   Which mufflers to buy-p1010661.jpg   Which mufflers to buy-p1010660.jpg  

Old 07-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Registered

I got my GGB extremes installed, and i'll be taking it out this weekend with a DB meter. I'll see how they work. I do know this, on my boat, the transom mount were an absolute $itch to install. I woulda went clamp on's if I could do it all over again. No fault of the mufflers, just a tight engine compartment. They look sweet on tho..
Old 07-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you like them, I knew you would! Pics????

The transom mounts do look good, they're my favorite set up. I know some installations are a bit tight but the payoff is great.

Fionn
Old 07-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen30
on a dry exhaust,,540's stelling long tubes, what could be expected for quietness??having a alittle problem getting into alot of harbours lately.can't even go to the falmouth poker run,,they want us all to mufflers. any info would be apprieciated.
I hope to post before and after videos of mine next week. I have a single 540 with dry CMI big tubes. Maybe that will help determine their effectiveness. I don't have a db meter.

Quick Reply: Which mufflers to buy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.