Notices

Lake Tahoe ?

Old 07-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Lake Tahoe ?

xxxsive,
Have you seen Lucas' new 42 Fountain yet? It's the one that's painted like a missle pop but has some snort'n 1500's in it. It ran pretty good down here but I know he's been having a hard time at the lake.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
xxxsive,
Have you seen Lucas' new 42 Fountain yet? It's the one that's painted like a missle pop but has some snort'n 1500's in it. It ran pretty good down here but I know he's been having a hard time at the lake.
I met him at the poker run over the July 4th weekend. He was one of the fastest boats at the poker run this year. It seemed to be running well. All I could see was his roost from a couple of miles back!

Last edited by xxxsive; 07-19-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Steve_H

prettiest lake I've ever seen!!!!

Fionn,
left you a message yesterday.......
Attached Thumbnails Lake Tahoe ?-tahoe2sm.jpg  

Old 07-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I have been spring skiing out there the last couple of years,and the view from heavenly is incredible.

We are thinking about going out there late August without the boat.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

Steve, I passed your 411 over to the guy with the Bullet. I guess he hasn't called? I'll get on it.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Registered

xxxsive, that was his goal, to have the fastest boat on the lake. Last I heard it ran 129 at sea level.

Did Rick Bollens show up with Gone Again? I heard he broke again.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty
xxxsive, that was his goal, to have the fastest boat on the lake. Last I heard it ran 129 at sea level.

Did Rick Bollens show up with Gone Again? I heard he broke again.
I don't recall seeing him. I don't think he is the fastest at Tahoe. My buddy's Eliminator cat with twin 750's may be a bit faster. They were the to guys out front. Being a mile back it was hard to see who had the fastest boat. I know the Eliminator does 134 at sea level. Heck, 90 at sea level will do for me (at least for now).
Old 07-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Registered

Great timing, I am going to be in Reno (close to there anyhow) for a week ata time on at least two occasions in the next month. Might have wife come out for a weekend. Are there any places to rent a boat (small bowrider type) to cruise around? 1/2 day on the lake would be cool.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mneal
Great timing, I am going to be in Reno (close to there anyhow) for a week ata time on at least two occasions in the next month. Might have wife come out for a weekend. Are there any places to rent a boat (small bowrider type) to cruise around? 1/2 day on the lake would be cool.
There are many places that rent those type of boats. It depends from what side of the lake you will be staying. At south lake you can go to Zepher Cove, Lakeside Marina, Ski Run Marina, and Camp Richardson. North lake you can go to the Tahoe Boat Works. Those are a few of the places to check.

I would recommend a morning rental. Tahoe can get very rough in the afternoons. Several tourist a year die in those small boats.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

Rough and COLD! You do need to be off the water by around 3pm this time of year. You don't want to be in the middle of that lake in a bow rider when it starts blowing. You can always shore hug but it kicks up so quickly that if you're in the middle you'll never make it to the shore.

Sierra Boat Works, Tahoe Boat Works and San Ramon Valley Marine (West Shore across from Sunnyside) all on the north end rent boats.

Quick Reply: Lake Tahoe ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.