Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..." >

Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..."

Notices

Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..."

Old 08-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..."

smuck!
Old 08-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..."

For any of you that have ever attended the Tickfaw 200 and know about "Crazy Charlie" he pulled this one a couple years ago in Orange Beach, Alabama. Although it may look like it, the boat was not set there with a crane (however, it was removed with one!). Virtually the same situation. Depth perception was off at night (and there was a marker light out on one of the pilings) misjudged and put the old Mistress high and dry on the rock jetty. Charlie was also sober at the time. Thank goodness, no one was hurt. Forgot to mention, the very next day, Flora-Bama named a drink after him - you guessed it - Crazy Charlie on the Rocks! A testament to CRT, this boat was driven back to the dock after being lifted off the rocks by the crane and then was driven to a Hot Boat event the very next weekend with nothing done to it except having some 3' band-aid graphics applied to the "wounds".
Attached Thumbnails Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..."-s-mistress.jpeg   Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..."-crazycharliewreck.jpeg  

Last edited by Croozin2; 08-01-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that returning TO sea, or returning FROM sea???
Old 08-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2
A testament to CRT, this boat was driven back to the dock after being lifted off the rocks by the crane and then was driven to a Hot Boat event the very next weekend with nothing done to it except having some 3' band-aid graphics applied to the "wounds".
Wow!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am looking for the picture we took, but there is a 28ft Bayliner on top of the break-wall just outside of Navy-Pier in Chicago...just makes my think are they just stupid or did they just mess up. That would have to be one GIANT mistake...BZ
Old 08-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

NO HOLE in crazy charlies cig! tuff boats them cigarettes...
Old 08-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
NO HOLE in crazy charlies cig! tuff boats them cigarettes...
Shocked me too, Rat, but the old girl was still water tight! Made for great conversation with the giant band-aids all over it.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
I am looking for the picture we took, but there is a 28ft Bayliner on top of the break-wall just outside of Navy-Pier in Chicago...just makes my think are they just stupid or did they just mess up. That would have to be one GIANT mistake...BZ

This one ?????
Attached Thumbnails Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..."-bayliner-wall.jpg  
Old 08-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Or did you mean the Sea Ray ??
Attached Thumbnails Repeat after me, "Red, Right, Returning... Red, Right, Returning..."-breakwall-3r.jpg