Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which Engine/Drive Package??? >

Which Engine/Drive Package???

Notices

Which Engine/Drive Package???

Old 08-03-2005, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Re: Which Engine/Drive Package???

Originally Posted by JC performance engine
Thanks Jass for the plug.
he wants to plug you alright in a stecz kinda way
Old 08-03-2005, 07:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
he wants to plug you alright in a stecz kinda way
Kinda like that Judge wants to plug you in a say Scar Face kinda way "Say Hello to my little friend just a joke, Now, don't go postal on me.

JC, your perception on this board speeks for itself, your satisfied customers is whats its all about. More for you guys, less for Mercury.

Last edited by Jassman; 08-03-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Wiggler, we are heading down to LOTO tomorrow for the weekend. If time permits I'd like to get together and talk about this subject. Friday morning I have a meeting set up at 9am pertaining to some new construction we are doing. I will try to give you a call hopefully Friday afternoon to see if we can work out a time to talk for a bit.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to run to St. louis will be back down to loto Thursday night, give me a buzz 636 236-4141 jim
Old 08-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Drive reliability there is one choice that comes to mind, Arneson. engines definately EFI and naturally aspirated but mercury has had alot of problems with there new motors. New models new problems! I would go with a reputable marine engine builder and they are easy to find on the board. Konrads require transmissions and some boats don't allow the space where the Arnesons put it in the ext. box. Draw back to Arnesons is resale though.
There are two ways to build a boat for yourself or someone else!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

steve schmidt racing 585" 980hp 825ft pounds trq. 27k each in stock for immediate delivery and merc ssm#5's! thats the shizit. heres a link for steves site. steve schmidt racing engines i can think of a badder n/a package or drive...for the money
Old 08-04-2005, 07:34 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Ratman, did steve build the engines for that E-Ticket 28?
Old 08-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The konrad Tranny is why I love the drive. It can also be put inside the transom or in their own extension box, Very fast drive with Tranny and Bravo style prop choices with 1 year warranty up to 740lbs of Torque, and priced very reasonable, great customer service, and awesome track record and used by the government in the most extreme conditions. This drive is built and if you've ever seen one compared to a bravo you'll see how well built it is. The Arneson is good for offshore, but has its limitations in tight areas and your right resale is very bad, Boats at LOTO with them cannot be given away.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So basically what you're saying Jim is that if you have a Nortech with Arnesons you would pay me to take it off your hands......
Old 08-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

In response to rbr2328, Wiggler is correct. Konrad also offers an extension box that locates the transmission inside the box.

Konrad offers several length stand-off boxes. Our most recent addition to our line has been designed as a direct replacement for any vessel that was originally designed for Bravo appplication only. (no room to move the motor forward)

The dimensions of this unit are very similar to the Merc ITS and can be bolted in directly in its place.

[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Which Engine/Drive Package???-leftsteering-resized.jpg   Which Engine/Drive Package???-rightsidesteering-resized.jpg  

Quick Reply: Which Engine/Drive Package???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.