Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer? >

Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Notices

Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Old 08-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Re: Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
.....Make sure you get some pics of the forklift 'attempt' this Friday ... hope it ends up a bit more successful than an 'attempt' too
Success! The fork lift handled the boat beautifully. I would say that 45' is just about all that this fork lift can handle, but it worked. I guess we are lucky that all of the weight is in the stern of the boat. With the forks reaching only to the front of the cockpit, it looked like it would fall at any second, but we pulled and pushed on it with the boat just an inch or two off the rack and it seemed to be stable.

We were hoping to get a run in on Friday, but the rain killed that idea so we are gonna try again tomorrow. I went over there today, went through everything and fired up the engines just to be sure that it is ready to go. I was kinda surprised. Each engine only turned over two or three times and then fired right up. I thought that they would be a little temperamental after sitting for so long, but they started, ran and idled like champs!

We should be able to get lots of use out of it now that it is right there at the marina. The staff there kinda beat around the bush for a while, but in the end they came through and everything seems to be working out.

I'll post some pics if we get out tomorrow. The forecast is calling for rain and thunderstorms, but they have been known to be wrong!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

what ever happened to the the INXS boat , i know it was sold , did whoever buy it finish the resto or is it still just sitting.

btw hot , love your set up !!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Will -

So THAT was the noise I heard on Saturday!!!!! I thought it was Rob! It did sound a little different than his 41, so now it makes sense. The head forklift operator Tim is a really nice guy, so I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm coming down Sunday to attend Dr. Berger's wedding. I'll be down all next week except Monday to come back and get my little 20' Cigarette, and I really will stop by your hotel and say hi.

I'm not sure if Rob moved his boat, I haven't talked to him since Key West.

Glad you have the old 'RDS Systems / Apache Kid" rolling again.

Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 08-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by open72
what ever happened to the the INXS boat , i know it was sold , did whoever buy it finish the resto or is it still just sitting.
I don't know where it is now. The last I heard was that it was for sale, but I have not heard anything since then. That has been almost a year ago and I think that it was at TNT then, but I am not 100% sure. Maybe somebody can fill in the blanks for us.

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
So THAT was the noise I heard on Saturday!!!!! I thought it was Rob! It did sound a little different than his 41, so now it makes sense. The head forklift operator Tim is a really nice guy, so I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm coming down Sunday to attend Dr. Berger's wedding. I'll be down all next week except Monday to come back and get my little 20' Cigarette, and I really will stop by your hotel and say hi.

I'm not sure if Rob moved his boat, I haven't talked to him since Key West.

Glad you have the old 'RDS Systems / Apache Kid" rolling again.

Barry
Hey Barry, stop by any time.

Rob's boat is still at Sunset and I think that he is gonna leave it there until the end of the season. Like us, I imagine that he will take it home over the winter, but it is still there now. He was at the marina doing some odds and ends work to his boat when we came out of the water yesterday afternoon, so we got the chance to shoot the breeze and catch up a little bit.

We were out for most of the day yesterday and it was a perfect day. It wasn't too hot and there was just enough breeze to churn up some 3-4 footers offshore. It was a really nice cruising day, but unfortunately we were the only ones out there. I had a few people that work with us here at the hotel that have been itching for a ride all summer, so I loaded them up yesterday and made 6 or 7 trips to Bethany Beach and back throughout the day. It was a great day. Everybody that has been asking to go for a run got to go and the boat ran like a champ! I don't think that we ran any faster than 70-75 all day, but it was still a great time just cruising up and down the coast! That is the first time that I have spent a full day on the water here in OC since November! I think that I am going to like having the boat right there at Sunset! It really couldn't be any more convenient.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We have actually used the boat quite a few times now! Having it right there at the marina is great! We were out yesterday with Rob (41 Apache) and the guy that bought his old boat (42 Tiger). We had a blast once again. The winds were blowing out of the NE making just enough of a swell and chop to make it fun. The bay was so jammed packed that you could have walked across from boat to boat without ever touching the water, but there were not many people offshore at all.

We made numerous runs up and down the coast together and had a great time. I just wish that I had taken a camera because I could have snapped a few nice pics. Rumor has it that there was a group here in OC from NJ that all ran down together for the day. I never saw them out running, but a few people told me that they were here. I guess that Seacrets sucked them in for the better part of the afternoon!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice

See, it only took a thread on OSO to motivate you to get that bad boy out there a few times LOL What a week for boating, 'perfect weather' is an understatement for how nice is was (still is).

As far as fuel ... burn it ... while we got it!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here are two pics that my wife took on August 26th while we were waiting for our next group of riders to get there.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?-1.jpg   Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?-2.jpg  
Old 09-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Registered

Nice Duck I hadn't seen any pics with the Lynch Mob graphics and #89 BadA$$,, with a capital A$$,, rig
Old 09-09-2005, 10:41 PM

what 41 apache did rob buy

Last edited by Papache; 09-10-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Here are two pics that my wife took on August 26th while we were waiting for our next group of riders to get there.
Lookin forwward to seeing it at Cambridge Will, I have some questions for ya. I'll be out there with the Tiger too. Have my daughter so I wont be staying at night as she has something to do on sun morning.

Quick Reply: Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.