Like Tree0Likes

Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Reply
Old 08-14-2005, 01:39 PM
  #51
sre
Registered
 
sre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Livonia, Michigan
My Boats: 2000 25 Dayona
Posts: 352
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Does anyone know if that is the new Cig parked next to the Black Thunder across from the park we did not see it there all weekend, It is a shame they lived so close and had the money, why not taxi home.

Does anyone own their own breathalyzer, I see them for sale on the internet, I was wondering if they are as accurate as the ones the police carried. I know that .25 is high but each year the limit gets lower and lower, I am afraid that just one or two drinks can put you over. I am to the point I want to start carrying one around in my purse! I am sure I have been over the limit and never even knew or felt it.
Yes that is the cig that is on a lift next to the Black Thunder.
sre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:29 PM
  #52
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht

Does anyone own their own breathalyzer, I see them for sale on the internet, I was wondering if they are as accurate as the ones the police carried. I know that .25 is high but each year the limit gets lower and lower, I am afraid that just one or two drinks can put you over. I am to the point I want to start carrying one around in my purse! I am sure I have been over the limit and never even knew or felt it.
That is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.
Now, because the "LAW" say's .08 is Alcohol related incident. Next, It drop's to .06.
Maybe people should be held accountable for being "stupid". I agree, anyone running at .25 is drunk. But plenty of people get charged with DUI, and due to tolerance levels, and time, it's questionable if alcohol has any factor - or ever would.

Can we get an Idiot chart? If you're .10 idiot, it's illegal to operate machinery? No driving any motor vehicles if you are over a .10 idiot level.
I know plenty of people that wouldn't be allowed to leave there own homes if the "idiot" law was put into place.
bouyhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:38 PM
  #53
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,674
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Nobody has pics of the landing area?? Let's see it!
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:09 PM
  #54
Registered
 
ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: medellin colombia, pablo escobar's lil town
My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Quote:
Nobody has pics of the landing area?? Let's see it!
ditto. pics of the boat and drives would be cool to.
ratman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:46 PM
  #55
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Business owner...

What a way to f-up a few lives...
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:51 PM
  #56
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

From what I was told by a Friend that works at the Macomb County Sheriff's department "the owner" of the boat Paul wasn't driving.

That would be wrong but it's a reliable source. The Guy that got thrown has had his Condition upgraded to Intensive care but Stable. It looks like he's going to make it. That's Awesome news!!!!!
jtsattack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:55 PM
  #57
Registered
 
formula31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: ohio
My Boats: 1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue
Posts: 2,558
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouyhunter
That is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.
Now, because the "LAW" say's .08 is Alcohol related incident. Next, It drop's to .06.
Maybe people should be held accountable for being "stupid". I agree, anyone running at .25 is drunk. But plenty of people get charged with DUI, and due to tolerance levels, and time, it's questionable if alcohol has any factor - or ever would.

Can we get an Idiot chart? If you're .10 idiot, it's illegal to operate machinery? No driving any motor vehicles if you are over a .10 idiot level.
I know plenty of people that wouldn't be allowed to leave there own homes if the "idiot" law was put into place.
Not to mention the people driving around stoned or on some other form of recreational drug without any presumption of impairment. Too many people picking on alcohol. Sounds just like the group who are singling out noise on boats.
formula31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:25 PM
  #58
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula31
Not to mention the people driving around stoned or on some other form of recreational drug without any presumption of impairment. Too many people picking on alcohol. Sounds just like the group who are singling out noise on boats.
Amen brother. Testify.
bouyhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:03 PM
  #59
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
39NAS-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rochester, MI / Marco Island, FL
My Boats: 1991 39' Express Cat 2004 Cigarette 42X (Sold) 2009 34 Jupiter CC 1995 65' Merritt
Posts: 426
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

I know Paul and this is horrible. I just got back from 1000 island poker run and heard about it. All I can say is just pray for Paul and the ford executive's that were involved in the accident.
Hunter
39NAS-T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:26 PM
  #60
Registered
 
Whiteknuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Beautiful Lake St. Clair,MI
My Boats: Sunsation Rocket
Posts: 513
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

dockrocker,
You are absolutly correct, about being that close in to Metro at night is looking for trouble. I live about 100 yds off Lake St. Clair in the Salt River area. You should hear the performace boats hauling ass at midnight out on the lake. I don't mean 2500 RPM stuff, I mean hauling. I don't care if a boat cut in front of him or not, there is no excuse for what he did. This guy makes all of us guys "in dem thar cigar boats" look bad. If he was drunk he needs to go to jail. If he was sober he need to learn the Lake a lot better before hauling ass at night with passengers.
Whiteknuckle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
wannabe
General Boating Discussion
4
09-27-2004 11:18 AM
wannabe
General Boating Discussion
4
09-26-2003 01:19 PM
ragman
General Racing Discussion
9
06-29-2003 01:52 PM
ragman
General Boating Discussion
2
06-17-2003 08:45 AM
dockrocker
General Boating Discussion
13
09-18-2002 08:34 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.