Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach >

Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Notices

Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Old 08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

It is all common sense you don't even have to be drunk to hit something at night, it don't even have to be your fault and you are still going to pay because you have the big high performance boat or you make more money, I was somewhat friends with the guy, who they say hit the people on the ohio river a few years back from gahanna ohio in the 40ft baja now the people who got hit were all drunk and didnt have any lights on there boat, now still they said the guy left the scene yes that is problem number one he should have paid but lets say he didn't .Do you still think he would have came out with no charges ? I am not trying to stir the pot and am not saying what he did was right I definatly believe what he did was wrong (Glenn) I am just saying drinking or not you already are a target and are being watched, so why put anything else into the mix like going fast at night with any alcohol in you?
Old 08-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
It is all common sense you don't even have to be drunk to hit something at night, it don't even have to be your fault and you are still going to pay because you have the big high performance boat or you make more money, I was somewhat friends with the guy, who they say hit the people on the ohio river a few years back from gahanna ohio in the 40ft baja now the people who got hit were all drunk and didnt have any lights on there boat, now still they said the guy left the scene yes that is problem number one he should have paid but lets say he didn't .Do you still think he would have came out with no charges ? I am not trying to stir the pot and am not saying what he did was right I definatly believe what he did was wrong (Glenn) I am just saying drinking or not you already are a target and are being watched, so why put anything else into the mix like going fast at night with any alcohol in you?
Can you point us to anything that says the small boat operater was drunk or didnt have his lights on ?..Or.........
Are you just going on what that drunk Phuktard said after he mowed them down,Ran & hid his boat from thee police?
BTW....He did FINALY admit it was his boat that hit them at his parole hearing..still said he wasnt driving...Never showed any remorse..Just cried about how he has lost everything..
TUFF SH!T

I Should be fair to you before you answer.....The driver of the small boat had what little blood he had left tested at the hospital .

Last edited by birdog; 08-15-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Registered

Just going on what witness said they were drunk when they saw them leaving.. did you see either boats afterward?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I edited my post to late....The other driver was tested & UNDER the .08 limit.....
Could be he didnt have lights..He was a "Newby".....
Phuktard should NOT have run,Hid & lied for months after...
Old 08-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Registered

Get'em Paul!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 46tomcat
Hunter which boat did you take to the 1000 islands? Tom
I took NAS-T and dad took Bad Habits. We hit 103 in the cat which was pretty good for that old heavy guy with only 832 hp a side. I was wondering where you were?
Hunter
Old 08-16-2005, 12:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Depth perception is horrible at night, and you get the occasional boat sitting or running without lights.
Bill that is just how Ian feels, last night we were coming back from the Clinton River to Metro and it was barely dusk, we put our white light poll up and it would not go on thank God it was still pretty light out, but what if it was much later........ We thought the bulb burned out, but Ian tested it when we got home today and it was OK, so I guess we have a loose connection.[/QUOTE]

I carry a 3 D-cell Maglight on board at all times. You can take the reflector assembly off and have a backup 360* white nav/stern light in case of failure of primary.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

QUOTE]
I carry a 3 D-cell Maglight on board at all times. You can take the reflector assembly off and have a backup 360* white nav/stern light in case of failure of primary.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I have been saved by a AA flashlight and a roll of electric tape.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:18 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
QUOTE]
I carry a 3 D-cell Maglight on board at all times. You can take the reflector assembly off and have a backup 360* white nav/stern light in case of failure of primary.

Same here, I have been saved by a AA flashlight and a roll of electric tape.[/QUOTE]

I have a Vector combo lantern/spot light (1m candlepower) that has a battery and also works off a cig lighter. I keep one on board and one in garage, works awesome.
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach-vector.jpg  
Old 10-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Update:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/5108099/detail.html

I initially saw a statement about a fatality but cannot find that arrticle. I hope someone did not die from this very preventable accident.

Wannabe

Quick Reply: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.