Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boaters Feeling the Pinch of High Gasoline Prices (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110453-boaters-feeling-pinch-high-gasoline-prices.html)

Donzi Corleone 08-19-2005 07:47 PM

Re: Boaters Feeling the Pinch of High Gasoline Prices

Did China and the world just figure they need a lot more oil then usual..This has all happened in just a couple of years, No one saw this coming? I think we shot are self in the foot by disrupting the flow of oil outa of Iraq and now its "Supply in demand" and driving the price up. Who ever or whatever this economy cant possiably absorb fuel prices like this much longer before it really starts to show its ugly face.

firstoffshore 08-19-2005 10:09 PM

The cost of fuel is still the least expensive portion of boating expense overall

Donzi Corleone 08-20-2005 08:48 AM

Not if its 300 every week its not...............My lowers only need maintenance every 50 hrs.....Not much in between unless something breaks...I know Im not spending 500-600 a month in expences other then fuel.........I think its safe to say that fuel is now the most expensive part of boating..........Lets dont forget the INSURANCE.......To me the maintenance was the cheapest thing going till NOW.........

offthefront 08-20-2005 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by florida gator
You nshould be able to buy fuel from the marinas without all the taxes.

Some States refund the road tax.... not Florida ... :rolleyes:

open87 08-20-2005 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Speed2Lead
Did China and the world just figure they need a lot more oil then usual..This has all happened in just a couple of years, No one saw this coming? I think we shot are self in the foot by disrupting the flow of oil outa of Iraq and now its "Supply in demand" and driving the price up. Who ever or whatever this economy cant possiably absorb fuel prices like this much longer before it really starts to show its ugly face.

that's what i wonder , what country all of a sudden opened up for business with 10 million people a month ago with a need for fuel??

firstoffshore 08-20-2005 09:35 AM

If you consider fuel as a percentage of the total cost of boating (price of the boat, tow vehicle/trailer or hoist/marina fees, gear, trips on the water, insurance and regularly scheduled maintenance) - it is a very small percentage of the total cost of what we spend overall.