Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here... >

Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Notices

Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Old 09-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Originally Posted by Sam Spade
The water only came up about 4 inches over my bulkhead. It was about 18" from coming inside the house. I am back home. It looks like we have some salt water intrusion (or should i say reversion on this forum?) I saw some crabs. Michael V.Arnone
So thats about 2 foot above norm?

Sam did yawll get much wind damage ??

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who remember Jeagers Tickfaw 200 lunch stop, it is completely gone along with The Dock which was next door. The Southern Yacht club burned to the ground. Both marinas by Joes Crabshack in bad shape. Sail boats all piled up and on land.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bucky, Richard and my buddies from San Anton,

I did get your message and we are ok. The boat and the camp on Tickfaw faired better than my house. We are very fortunate. We only lost a fence which is nothing considering. I haven't seen Missy since Sunday. She has been working 24/7 at the hospital. I will give you a call when I can.

Kamron
Old 09-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Registered

Hey Guys Glad to see most from the area are posting here and are ok. I passed TMP friday and there was minimal wind damage from what i could see from the street. I am positive that there was flooding. Slidell is a mess and the stories you are hearing about casualties is very true. I will be going back wednesday to stay and assist in the cleanup. I am fortunate enough to be going back with lots of gas and a few generators. If there is anything i can do for any one in the slidell area please call me at 504 452 9756. I have a couple days of cleanup at my house and a couple of friends houses then i will be happy to assist anyone including tmp in the cleanup efforts. I am glad to hear Eric open72 and family are safe. I have known him a very long time. I hope jassman is ok. I heard the community he lives in was hit pretty hard also. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this disaster. Nick P.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxtreme171
Hey Guys Glad to see most from the area are posting here and are ok. I passed TMP friday and there was minimal wind damage from what i could see from the street. I am positive that there was flooding. Slidell is a mess and the stories you are hearing about casualties is very true. I will be going back wednesday to stay and assist in the cleanup. I am fortunate enough to be going back with lots of gas and a few generators. If there is anything i can do for any one in the slidell area please call me at 504 452 9756. I have a couple days of cleanup at my house and a couple of friends houses then i will be happy to assist anyone including tmp in the cleanup efforts. I am glad to hear Eric open72 and family are safe. I have known him a very long time. I hope jassman is ok. I heard the community he lives in was hit pretty hard also. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this disaster. Nick P.
Nick, saw some home video footage of Slidell on one of the local BR channels and they caught a quick glimpse of TMP. You're right, the building didn't look too bad but the water level was still up. Hope everything is able to be cleaned up.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:13 AM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My daughter is in the car business and has put out the word to all the local GMC dealers to gather clothes. We will ship clothes to Rochell on Thursday or Friday for her and your son. The car club @ Saturn is starting a plant wide drive on Tuesday and pledged a tractor trailer for transport to Slidell. Her brother-in-law is in charge of the power company effort to restore power in Slidell and can get us in. We will need a drop point for goods that is dry when we get there. Will probably come down Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Hopefully by then you will be situated to receive goods. I can probably stay until Saturday AM to help with cleanup. I need a list of your immediate needs. If you or Rochell need money let me know and the check is in the mail. PM or call me. Joe Murray
Old 09-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Registered

The water crested about 2 feet above normal. I have about 8 shingles missing. I was really very lucky. My House is 7' above sea level. 100 year flood level is 4' It has never flooded, it is 20 years old.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Registered

Hey thanks for the concern I am just getting power but we made it thru.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just spoke with RacerX-6. He and family are fine but exhausted. His house and shop are fine but everything around them are devastated. He says there is a line just to get into the stores for food. He has a generator, but some electricity was back on. Fuel is scarce, but otherwise, he seem to be doing well.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:28 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the concern. Finally got electricity this weekend and its nice to have AC.. We feal fortunate to have our house still over our heads. So yesterday I made two huge jambalaya pots full and fed over 400 people at a shelter near by. I wasnt able to go to NO and help due to robberies around the house, so at least this made me feel good..

We had minimul damage although there were some break ins around the houses that had had no power. Complete blackout.... I solved that problem, got the wife a new S&W 38 and bought myself a GLOCK .40 No one seemed to want anything at my house.

Quick Reply: Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.