Like Tree0Likes

Weismann drives?

Reply
Old 08-30-2005, 10:11 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Weismann drives?

How much are they?How much power do they hold?What gimbal and transmission do they use?And what props fit?

Last edited by JCPERF; 08-30-2005 at 10:32 PM.
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 PM
  #2
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default Re: Weissman drives?

ahhhh you did listen to me when I said it...google them dude and see what they offer you, i know they frequent the board. I was impressed with what they had.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:15 PM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: Weissman drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
ahhhh you did listen to me when I said it...google them dude and see what they offer you, i know they frequent the board. I was impressed with what they had.
Maybe i will just Google your Xrs off the back of your boat for each run
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 PM
  #4
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default Re: Weissman drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF
Maybe i will just Google your Xrs off the back of your boat for each run
OOkay...you want some of dis?
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 PM
  #5
Registered
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: Weissman drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF
Maybe i will just Google your Xrs off the back of your boat for each run

I am waiting for Rob to molest some dudes' wife and get Googled into the lake
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:19 PM
  #6
Registered
 
stecz20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco CA
My Boats: I am Jersey's B!tch
Posts: 7,772
Default Re: Weissman drives?

maybe our next run hell get shot....
stecz20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:22 PM
  #7
Registered
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: Weissman drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF
How much are they?How much power do they hold?What gimbal and transmission do they use?And what props fit?

Just buy one you cheap prick... Rob said you used up all your free tow miles last weekend and you drank all our beer

oooops ... I forgot you had the s-bag you are welcome anytime
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:36 PM
  #8
Masher touches my
Gold Member
 
Outdrive1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phoenix, Az
My Boats: DCB DCB DCB DCB DCB
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Weismann drives?

They are unreal looking. Looks like a #6 bottom (made out of solid chunk of alloy) with a single ram for trim at an angle going into it. I believe you need the same tranny set up that a #6 needs. I heard they are stronger than a #6 BTW.

http://www.weismann.net/wmd.html

Weismann Marine Drive Design Specs:
WMD
It was designed to handle 1600 lbft of torque, diesel, gasoline, and turbine power.
315 lbs for the Drive and Gimbal - Lower polar moment, better handling.
Two Stage Integral Dry Sump System - High efficiency, light weight oil.
Rotates in either direction - Drive direction is handled in an internal drop box.
15.0" X-Dimension from input to output - Lower center of gravity.
Steerable and Trimable - Strong, identical steering and trim rams.
Spur Gear Drive - Greater efficiency at a substantially lower cost.
Serviceable on the boat - Low maintenance, easy to work on, no special tools.
Skeg is a Wedge shaped - Hydrodynamically more stable at high speeds.
All parts are CNC machined in our factory - High quality and high precision.

Plus or minus 20 degress of steering.
7 degrees of negative trim and 26 degrees of positive trim.
The prop shaft is a speed master style 26 T 16/32.
The drive can be run sub-surface or full surface.
The drive can be run with fixed steering and no skeg for speed.
Housings are hard anodized and painted for corrosion protection.
Low internal parts count.
Attached Thumbnails
Weismann drives?-wmdred.jpg  
Outdrive1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:39 PM
  #9
Registered
Thread Starter
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: Weismann drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
They are unreal looking. Looks like a #6 bottom (made out of solid chunk of alloy) with a single ram for trim at an angle going into it. I believe you need the same tranny set up that a #6 needs. I heard they are stronger than a #6 BTW.

http://www.weismann.net/wmd.html

Weismann Marine Drive Design Specs:
WMD
It was designed to handle 1600 lbft of torque, diesel, gasoline, and turbine power.
315 lbs for the Drive and Gimbal - Lower polar moment, better handling.
Two Stage Integral Dry Sump System - High efficiency, light weight oil.
Rotates in either direction - Drive direction is handled in an internal drop box.
15.0" X-Dimension from input to output - Lower center of gravity.
Steerable and Trimable - Strong, identical steering and trim rams.
Spur Gear Drive - Greater efficiency at a substantially lower cost.
Serviceable on the boat - Low maintenance, easy to work on, no special tools.
Skeg is a Wedge shaped - Hydrodynamically more stable at high speeds.
All parts are CNC machined in our factory - High quality and high precision.

Plus or minus 20 degress of steering.
7 degrees of negative trim and 26 degrees of positive trim.
The prop shaft is a speed master style 26 T 16/32.
The drive can be run sub-surface or full surface.
The drive can be run with fixed steering and no skeg for speed.
Housings are hard anodized and painted for corrosion protection.
Low internal parts count.
How much $?
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:41 PM
  #10
Masher touches my
Gold Member
 
Outdrive1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phoenix, Az
My Boats: DCB DCB DCB DCB DCB
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Weismann drives?

I have no clue but they are sick..........Here's pair with no skegs.
Attached Thumbnails
Weismann drives?-wmdskegless.jpg  
Outdrive1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
superwrench0166
Drives and Lower Units
37
10-20-2007 08:16 PM
Mike J
General Boating Discussion
2
04-14-2003 12:53 PM
Dean Ferry
General Boating Discussion
4
11-27-2002 09:09 AM
timucin
General Boating Discussion
15
10-20-2002 08:39 PM
SLINGSHOT
General Boating Discussion
4
07-18-2002 10:25 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.