Like Tree0Likes

Ft. Lauderdale

Reply
Old 08-31-2005, 02:13 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 76
Default Ft. Lauderdale

My girlfriend and I are heading for Ft Lauderdale for a much needed vacation we leave Friday and return next Thursday. While I am down there I want to check out some boat places I already have plans to visit the cig plant and lipships, but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Any general suggestions on palces to eat or vist would also be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your help.
machI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:58 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Saint Petersburg Fl
My Boats: 1999 Chris Craft,
Posts: 1,565
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Shooters on the ICW is a top notch spot. I was just a vistor though and there are lots of locals herte on OSO that will have more ideas for you.

Last edited by happy hours; 08-31-2005 at 05:58 PM. Reason: brain fart called it the wrong bar
happy hours is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:13 PM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 76
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneal
Shooters on the ICW is a top notch spot. I was just a vistor though and there are lots of locals herte on OSO that will have more ideas for you.

Thanks, Yeah I have heard lots about it from fellow members and I just checked out their site and it looks sweet we will definitely hit it up!!
machI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:41 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Roger 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kankakee Illinois
My Boats: 1993 Cigarette Top Gun
Posts: 3,702
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Shooters is a must. Get there about 4:00 pm. on saturday and sunday afternoons. Seems that a lot of local OSO`rs show up there for some reason. And don`t forget to have a piece of their world famous key lime pie.
Attached Thumbnails
Ft. Lauderdale-.jpg  
Roger 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:56 PM
  #5
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
lucky strike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
My Boats: Using LS JR. TG
Posts: 8,468
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird
Yeah, that's nice...let's encourage prepubescent minds to think of life in terms of booze and women who take their clothes off for money...
Welcome to Southeast Florida

Last edited by lucky strike; 08-31-2005 at 06:59 PM.
lucky strike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:33 PM
  #6
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 76
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Hey lucky, where is your dealership located , I wouldn't mind stopping in and checking out the rides.
machI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:02 PM
  #7
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird
and that, my friend, is why I left after living there for 17 years. When you live around scum and garbage, it's difficult to keep the filth off you.
What's up with things down there???

It's really weird, my boss just moved down there. He's living in Boca of all places and has always wanted to move down that way as long as I can remember.

It doesn't sound like he likes it to much. He said that people are stealing pocket books right out of cars when they're filling up at gas stations.

He said it's the land of trust fund babies, people who made $$ illegally, nuevo rich....

Then the hurricane to top it off... If I were to guess, he'll be back soon...
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:06 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Roger 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kankakee Illinois
My Boats: 1993 Cigarette Top Gun
Posts: 3,702
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird
and that, my friend, is why I left after living there for 17 years. When you live around scum and garbage, it's difficult to keep the filth off you.
Must be a bottle fed baby.
Roger 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:10 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Roger 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kankakee Illinois
My Boats: 1993 Cigarette Top Gun
Posts: 3,702
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird
Yeah, that's nice...let's encourage prepubescent minds to think of life in terms of booze and women who take their clothes off for money...
Are you suggesting that his time would be better spent as an ''altar boy''?
Roger 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:14 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Roger 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kankakee Illinois
My Boats: 1993 Cigarette Top Gun
Posts: 3,702
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
What's up with things down there???

It's really weird, my boss just moved down there. He's living in Boca of all places and has always wanted to move down that way as long as I can remember.

It doesn't sound like he likes it to much. He said that people are stealing pocket books right out of cars when they're filling up at gas stations.

He said it's the land of trust fund babies, people who made $$ illegally, nuevo rich....

Then the hurricane to top it off... If I were to guess, he'll be back soon...
Yeah! I`m sure that florida is the only place that you have to keep your eye on your wallet. I know that I have filled up vehicles on numerous occasions durring my visits and nobody tried to take mine.
Roger 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mikebrls
Southeast US
2
08-24-2007 05:23 PM
Wardey
Super Boat International
15
05-06-2006 04:12 PM
Wardey
Super Boat International
6
04-26-2006 11:29 AM
Fountain38SC
General Boating Discussion
0
01-21-2004 05:46 PM
DirtyMoney
General Boating Discussion
5
10-20-2003 09:45 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.