Like Tree0Likes

Hardy Dam Shootout

Old 09-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

My Boats: 1999; 28' Checkmate Convincer, 588" Dart, Procharger, MSII EFI.
Default Re: Hardy Dam Shootout

Will do Craig!! Kamma mentioned that you were looking to get some work
done. I will be there and make sure we run into each other..

Thanks
Dick
Old 09-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca48838
Gas at Parkers was 3.79 Sunday.
Okay thanks. Something else I forgot to ask about was if anyone knows the current conditions of the launching ramps???---like Brower State Park? I have a 32' boat that sits on a tripple axle, 39' trailer (from tounge to drive guard), and I have always launched at Brower Park and it seems to be fine, but then I haven't launched there in a couple of years.

Also, I do remember seeing a launch ramp there at Parkers, but heard that the cement slab/ramp is kind of short, and has a sudden drop off with no WARNING SIGN posted to warn boaters. I'm not sure if it the water is visible enough to see it while standing on the finger dock. I have heard of guys with longer trailers having to call for heavy equipment assistance after their axle(s) has gone over the edge.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 400 SS/Lipship38Topgun/ 19' baron Surface drive/13'6" dux inflatable cat 50hp

kamma: i hear oxbow is a good ramp with a long dock. i have a hard time myself with the ramp a brower. 28' w / single the nose does not set hi enough to clear the crank plus the dock is short. just my 2 cents. i use a ramp just up river from oxbow that works real nice.
todd
Old 09-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: 22 Suncruiser

Tom, What's up your sleeve (under the hatch)this year? Mr. Gadgets, What did ya break? Good luck to everyone. ENJOY!!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

My Boats: 1999; 28' Checkmate Convincer, 588" Dart, Procharger, MSII EFI.

I did some mods to the block with the rotating assembly still in it.. thought I got all the metal out.. but I guess not. Oil psi started to drop after 20hrs and I checked the oil filter... metal. So I pulled the pan and there is some metal in the mains. I havent had a chance to tear it down the rest of the way. Last year is was lack of money.. now time. Never seems to end!!
Hoping to start all over and make some changes, but money maybe an issue, if not time.. excuses, excuses.

I will be there with the Speedster.. wishing it had twin small blocks in it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dick
Old 09-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 400 SS/Lipship38Topgun/ 19' baron Surface drive/13'6" dux inflatable cat 50hp

hi dick:aka gadgets can't wait to see that twin sb speedster.
todd
Old 09-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronmarine
kamma: i hear oxbow is a good ramp with a long dock. i have a hard time myself with the ramp a brower. 28' w / single the nose does not set hi enough to clear the crank plus the dock is short. just my 2 cents. i use a ramp just up river from oxbow that works real nice.
todd
baron, I appreciate the response. In the past I have always used Brower Park's launching ramp, and have seen boats as large as a 42' Fountian w/tripple engines launch there as well. I am not familiar with Oxbow, where it is located or even how to get there. Thanks for the heads up, if Brower is a problem I will give Oxbow a go.

Anyone else know of any negative changes at Brower's launch ramp that us outa town fellers with longer boats/trailers should know?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 23' WPM Cat!!

Hey KAAMA,
About a month ago we launched a 28' cat there with no problems. That boat requires a pretty deep launch to get floating and we were fine.
Craig
Old 09-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Registered

kamma: i also have seen many big boats lauch and brower but the dock is a little shorter i think this year but it is a good ramp my boat just does not like it. to get to oxbow get off 131 at jefferson road 1st exit past rest area turn left. go down to the cosy inn / gas station party store turn right follow to the end. you will lauch in a cove area and the park is across from consumers beach.
todd
Old 09-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just got word from "Perfectmix" that he is going to try and make it with his 38' Powerquest and he said that his uncle will be there with his 43' Black Thunder.