Notices

Want to get boat painted

Old 01-15-2002, 11:13 AM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Jane,
The MACK DADDY of custom paint work is the legendary Dave Hunter of THE MUSCLE Offshore Racing Team and many others. If you are interested in contacting him drop me some mail.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JR,
That would work for the top. Painting the bottom is going to depend on what you mean. The same paint as topside is not going to work well unless it is in the water very rarely and never left in say for overnight. Bottom paint, no problem but that is doubtful what you want. Otherwise it is back to gel which is fine as long as the original is in decent shape...otherwise you are out of many paint shop's league spraying heavy materials.

Ted
Old 01-15-2002, 01:38 PM
jr

Ted, youre right. The bottom would have to be done with something like VC Offshore. Something that can be sprayed and then wet sanded. On this boat the bottom gel is toast, thanks to the previous owner. I was just curious on what a paint job would cost. I just did the bottom 2 years ago and the boat spent most of last year on the trailer. So I'm good for a couple years. My boat does spend the summer in the water so the bottom has CSC on it. Does a great job but has cut the speed abit.