cant beat a deal like this >

cant beat a deal like this

Notices

cant beat a deal like this

Old 11-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cant beat a deal like this

well guys, some very good points have been made here and they have been heard at LCM. i started the paperwork with the a.g. and am waiting for those results. as for cumberland marine.... well i hope everyone who deals with them looks deep, hard or sends a non biased person to inspect their prospective purchase. i gave them several fair ways to fix this problem now it's out of my hands.i still cant believe a dealer would treat a paying customer with a legit gripe this way. really wish i never traded my daytona!!!! lcm is terrible in my opinion.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:51 AM
Registered

sorry to hear about your problems that realy sucks, stupid question, did you have the boat surveyed when you bought it and did they do an engine survey ?????
Old 11-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Registered

I'm sorry to hear your deal went wrong. I'm sure your upset and out some unexpected money.

I don't think any dealer should misrepresent thier products.

However, you were buying a used boat.
Did they own the boat or was it a brokerage boat?
Did they give you every opportunity to have the boat surveyed?
Did they have you sign a waiver of survey?
Did you sign a form saying you were buying the boat as is with no warranties expressed or implied?
What did you pay for the boat?

I just don't think it's fair to blast ANY dealer without all the facts. There are always two sides to every story.

How about taking some personal responsibility. Should making a bad decision on the buyers part make it the dealer/broker/previous owners financial responsibility to fix your boat? And if it does for how long? A month after you buy it? A year?

I don't mean this to offend anyone but I just don't think it's right to blanketly trash someone because someone FEELS they got a bad deal. Just my $.02
Old 11-24-2005, 08:10 AM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know more than one person that has been burned by LCM. Verbal deal that materializes into something other than what was agreed on. They have been sued & lost with judgment against LCM and no $ changed hands 2 years later. Some of their sales people are ex NM. In my opinion they are ripe to be the next National Marine. They bring a lot of $ into a small town and I think you will have a very hard time collecting any $ even with a favorable judgment. Joe Murray
Old 11-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Attn: you used boat buyers:

Stop rolling the dice when you're spending your hard-earned.

For the price of a round-trip ticket and my normal survey and sea trial fees, I will pack-up my moisture meter, compression and leak-down equipment and ECM scanner and tap on my many years of experience with our kind of boat to make sure you get what you're paying for.

Many times the money I save you is far more than you spend with me.

Buying a boat is an emotional experience. It must, however, be purchased with one's brain rather than the heart. Take advantage of me...I like it!

Ed
Old 11-24-2005, 08:27 AM
RHC
Registered

Originally Posted by Catagory5
I'm sorry to hear your deal went wrong. I'm sure your upset and out some unexpected money.

I don't think any dealer should misrepresent thier products.

However, you were buying a used boat.
Did they own the boat or was it a brokerage boat?
Did they give you every opportunity to have the boat surveyed?
Did they have you sign a waiver of survey?
Did you sign a form saying you were buying the boat as is with no warranties expressed or implied?
What did you pay for the boat?

I just don't think it's fair to blast ANY dealer without all the facts. There are always two sides to every story.

How about taking some personal responsibility. Should making a bad decision on the buyers part make it the dealer/broker/previous owners financial responsibility to fix your boat? And if it does for how long? A month after you buy it? A year?

I don't mean this to offend anyone but I just don't think it's right to blanketly trash someone because someone FEELS they got a bad deal. Just my $.02

Why?? Why?? Why??? The man went to a Dealer ,,,, The Dealer (who is a Professional and expert) made representations as to the condition ,,, year,, and engine hours,,, end of story ,,, he did not need a survey ,,, the dealer made statements of fact as to the condition of the boat,,,, end of story.. Its time to be unaccountable for their actions !!

RHC
Old 11-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=RHC]Why?? Why?? Why??? The man went to a Dealer ,,,, The Dealer (who is a Professional and expert) made representations as to the condition ,,, year,, and engine hours,,, end of story ,,, he did not need a survey ,,, the dealer made statements of fact as to the condition of the boat,,,, end of story.. Its time to be unaccountable for their actions !!

RHC[/QUOTE

Tell you insurance company that... I don't need a survey "I'm telling you what the condition of my boat is." See what they have to say.. My point here is everyone is hearing ONE side of a story.

And to answer your question directly WHY? Because it makes sense and would have saved him a lot of money and aggravation that's why.

If the boat was brokered the dealer/broker can only represent the boat as it is represented to him by the owner.

When I was in the brokerage business I INSISTED on a survey esp on long distance deals. PICTURES LIE, AND PEOPLE HEAR WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR. Surveys save EVERYONE aggravation.

I couldn't agree more with the being responsible for your actions. And i did ask, did the BUYER sign a waiver of survey? Did the BUYER sign an as is waiver? Who is responsible for that? Did the dealer/broker hold a gun to the buyers head?

Bottom line is a survey is the best insurance policy you can have and if you chose not to "waste your money" or at least have the motors check by a reputable mechanic then shame on you.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Banned

I deal with Randy every week hauling boats for him either sold or for work to be done. Randy is one of the more stand up guys out there. Numerous people in my boat club (scope) have bought boats from him and I have never heard a negative thing. There has to be more to the story than is being heard here. Jeff Murray
Old 11-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by seanv
they were in fact 2004-49 hour engines or as close as that could be. these engines are 1998 model engines and were ran, broken, 1/2 azz repaired and that repair is now worn to failure. one of the engines had a major failure and needs a full rebuild. and no help from lake cumberland marine!!!
What model engines are they? I'm not sure if there were any merc engines that were offered in 1998 that were still available in 2004?? From the pic they look like "black" motors with blowers added.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:15 PM
RHC
Registered

Cat 5,, I don't disagree with your statements or logic,,, I say Why!! from the position that He States , that the dealer made representations ,,,,, the As Is conditions were never mentioned here,,, Could there be more to this story,,, I am sure there is ,,, but,,, if you tell me the boat is White and the motors are black and the year is 2004 ,, then,, I believe you!!! You better be right !! thats where I am coming from ..,,,

RHC

Quick Reply: cant beat a deal like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.