Eliminator Defies Laws of Physics

Notices

Eliminator Defies Laws of Physics

Old 11-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eliminator Defies Laws of Physics

I think I can offer another solution to the boat in question, if Mr Leach would let me test his boat for the next summer I will report back to this forum monthly and give a final analylis at the end of next season. My tests will also include many Poker runs and countless trips to the sandbar and back for complete detailed and thorough testing of his boat. I can even throw in a couple of trips to Catalina for true ocean testing.

What do say Bob? It's all a tax write off for you?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Registered

I believe the DCB that Spectre man is talking about is no longer around these parts, I think it was sold to someone in AZ.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Registered

i'm sorry to disappoint, but i am bob's daughter... brandie... sorry about the confusion!

bad kachina - that's my job!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLeach
i'm sorry to disappoint, but i am bob's daughter... brandie... sorry about the confusion!

even better!!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spectre Man
DCB advertises on the mags back page and is one of Powerboat's biggest advertisers. This boat should be running at least 170mph. My friend has a 34' DCB which is supposed to run in the mid 150s. My Spectre runs 125mph any day of the week and he is yet to beat me.
If your talking about Dougs DCB, I have personally taken a ride in that boat, with three people , full tanks of fuel it was running 130 plus , i believe his top speed was 138 on gps, with #6 drives, and teague 800s .Last time i checked 138 was faster than 125.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLeach

Welcome to the board Brandie.
Wow! What a job.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
Spectre Man,

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I was one of the test drivers for Powerboat in Parker AZ when we ran both the DCB and the Eliminator. (please note weight difference which should answer the speed difference between the two brands) The speeds reported are accurate. Test team 1 included Bob Teaque and Matt Trulio. Test team 2 for this series of tests, was me and Gregg Mansfield. We independently run each boat thru the same tests, and then independent of either Bob or myself, the staff compares our results. In so doing they do their very best to report the real world results. As to prices quotes, those come from the manufacturers on the info form they give to Powerboat at the performance trials.

I will stake my reputation on the objective results you see in Powerboat Magazine.

As an aside, the Eliminator did have a very high X dimension and certainly took a bit of effort to get on plane. Now, as to that DCB that can run 150 but you kick it's butt all the time: How about this: We each put up $100,000, I convince Bob Teague to join me in the DCB you mentioned and you drive your boat, we'll race 2 miles or so wherever you like, and the winnner takes the combined $200,000 purse, $100,000 of which will go to the Red Cross hurricane relief efforts.

You in?

Steve David

Well,
There you go, Steve has always been a guy who is straight-up honest. Sounds like SM has an agenda!
Dean
Old 11-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Registered

Brandie:

If you guys keep making these cats run 120+/- on stock power, pretty soon no one is going to be able to get insurance with anything other than small blocks!

Very impressive speed for a 28. How much lighter is the hull than a standard 28 Tall deck?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Spectre Man,

We tested a 32 Spectre earlier this year in Sarasota for Powerboat. Fantastic boat! She had twin 500 HP's and ran a bit over 110 MPH in 2 foot slop in the Gulf of Mexico. If you look at that edition of Powerboat that's me on the wheel with the GIGANTIC grin! Besides being a gentleman, Jay builds a fine boat, excellent craftsmanship and handling. Think about this: 32 foot boat, twin 500's over 110 from both Teagues test and mine. The Eliminator is a 28 foot boat, twin 525's, more radical X dimension at 120, (both Teagues test and mine in cooler weather and better conditions) does that help with the law of physics question?

As to why the Magazine usually talks well of the boats they test, it's generally because the manufacturers that bring their stuff, bring really good stuff.

You've got a great boat Spectre Man, continue to enjoy her, be safe and kick some butt!

Steve
Old 11-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Registered

Cool, nothing like a challenge, eh spectreman? Who needs Reggie and Mikes challege. It is time to get it on.

Quick Reply: Eliminator Defies Laws of Physics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.