Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   27' Magnum Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116295-27-magnum-stolen.html)

FLYWITHME 11-14-2005 01:58 PM

Re: 27' Magnum Stolen

I'm interested in your views and comments, however I can't read PIGLATIN very well. How about regular ENGLISH, so we can all understand what you're trying to say! Skip the short forms and letters that don't mean anything to most of us. :rolleyes:

Roger 1 11-14-2005 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Payton
el indio, let's make a copy of your boat. I bet that's never been done. :rolleyes: 5 changes would be easy. :drink: a couple of cup holds, maybe a cool in the floor. Hmm, only 2 more.... :evilb: :D

A coast guard approved disco ball and a blender.... :D

FLYWITHME 11-14-2005 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
You wrote, "almost a carbon copy". Well, when you pull a mold from a boat manufacturer's hull, that is an exact copy of THEIR design. Unless you alter the mold, any hull that is manufactured from that mold, and then used to complete that boat and finally sold, may very well be in violation of state and/or federal law/laws. Perhaps regardless of any design copyright or patent. At a minimum, very unethical business practice.

I didn't say that the Chrysler 300 was an exact copy of the Bently, I said it is "almost a carbon copy". BIG DIFFERENCE! If you stuck Bently emblems on a 300 you could probably fool most people that have never owned a Bently. Lancer DID build a "CARBON COPY" of a 27' Magnum. Except for the single engine NOBODY could tell the difference NOT EVEN MAGNUM MARINE. Anyway you look at it, he made a lot of money, regardless of wheither Magnum scooped the molds or not. Someone's got them. Who, where, knowbody seems to know. If they do there're not telling. Anyway, Magnum doesn't make the 27's anymore. Been about 25 years now. They were supposed to build a 35th anniversery model in 03, but it never happened. Katrinas too buizy making millions in Europe with the bigger boats, ($6 million for a 63' Magnum)

Chris Sunkin 11-14-2005 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by FLYWITHME
I'm interested in your views and comments, however I can't read PIGLATIN very well. How about regular ENGLISH, so we can all understand what you're trying to say! Skip the short forms and letters that don't mean anything to most of us. :rolleyes:

There's an unwritten OSO rule- If you are someone with vast experience and knowledge and are willing to share it freely, then you can write it in any fashion or language you wish.

FLYWITHME 11-14-2005 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
There's an unwritten OSO rule- If you are someone with vast experience and knowledge and are willing to share it freely, then you can write it in any fashion or language you wish.

I'm not aware of any OSO members with vast experience and knowledge that went to PIGLATIN SCHOOL. All the ones that I'm familiar with speak ENGLISH. Anyway, you don't appear to know anything about 27' Magnums, Patent or Design Laws. But then again, prove me wrong. Enlighten me. And furthermore, there are no unwritten OSO rules. Ask the great moderators that work hard everyday, to make sure everyone understands what we're trying to say, you don't have to take my word for it, take their's.

Chris Sunkin 11-14-2005 05:55 PM

I'm not aware of any OSO members with vast experience and knowledge that went to PIGLATIN SCHOOL. All the ones that I'm familiar with speak ENGLISH. Anyway, you don't appear to know anything about 27' Magnums, Patent or Design Laws. But then again, prove me wrong. Enlighten me. And furthermore, there are no unwritten OSO rules. Ask the great moderators that work hard everyday, to make sure everyone understands what we're trying to say, you don't have to take my word for it, take their's.

1. lighten up

2. where did I say anything about knowing anything about magnums or patents?

3. lighten up.

4. if you don't like or agree with what someone posts, don't read it. We won't be hurt.

5. Mark forgot more than you'll ever know about this sport so quit your wet-diaper whining about how he posts.

6. You obviously have some self-esteem issues, coupled with a lack of a sense of humor with a short fuse added in for good measure.

7. You apparently have no idea what pig Latin is.

8. Cheap-assed BASIC members get what they get and should be thankful.

There. You've been enlightened. Your welcome.

SeaRay Jim 11-14-2005 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
1. lighten up

2. where did I say anything about knowing anything about magnums or patents?

3. lighten up.

4. if you don't like or agree with what someone posts, don't read it. We won't be hurt.

5. Mark forgot more than you'll ever know about this sport so quit your wet-diaper whining about how he posts.

6. You obviously have some self-esteem issues, coupled with a lack of a sense of humor with a short fuse added in for good measure.

7. You apparently have no idea what pig Latin is.

8. Cheap-assed BASIC members get what they get and should be thankful.

There. You've been enlightened. Your welcome.

:D You forgot, Lighten up! Other than that, you covered it well! :evilb:

FLYWITHME 11-14-2005 08:21 PM

Thank you, that was enlightening.

But I'm not sure everyone has your sense of humour. But tell me, why should cheap-assed BASIC members be treated any different then well-heeld members? And what do well-heeld members get that cheap-ass BASIC members don't get...besides a free T-shirt.

All members should be treated equal, regardless of the size of their pocketbooks.

Chris Sunkin 11-14-2005 09:01 PM

Thank you, that was enlightening.

But I'm not sure everyone has your sense of humour. But tell me, why should cheap-assed BASIC members be treated any different then well-heeld members? And what do well-heeld members get that cheap-ass BASIC members don't get...besides a free T-shirt.

All members should be treated equal, regardless of the size of their pocketbooks.

I suppose that since you have only been here a month you could have been afforded a little more slack. You're right about my sense of humor-Around here I'd be one of the tight-a$$es.

What do Gold and Platinum members get? Aside from the prestige of having spent more for about the same thing you get nothing. Cool, huh?

This is a fun place where people come to enjoy themselves, blow off steam and generally forget their "issues". If you haven't read many posts you may be astonished to find that offshore powerboaters and racers are "charachters", sometimes in the grandest sense of the word. You're also going to find there's alot of inside jokes, stories, history, etc. that no one is going to explain to you. You would have had to live in North Miami since the late 60's to know everything that's written about on this board- often in shorthand.

As far as your original gripe. Magnum Mark (el indio) posts the way he does- always has. Probably not going to change for you, me or anyone else. Why should he? If you want to post in Sanskrit, I have the choice of ignoring you or making the effort to translate. In MM's case, it's not that tough to understand. Unless you don't know the background- then all the full sentences in the world aren't going to help.

There's only one piece of advice I can offer to you- this is an easy, fun place for a get-along guy and a difficult, un-fun place for someone thin-skinned, argumentative or difficult. Alot like being a nerdy guy in a frat house.

Welcome to OSO- hope you find what you're looking for here and have lots of fun in the process.

FLYWITHME 11-14-2005 10:02 PM

VERY WELL SAID. Thankyou very much, Tony