Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outboard powered boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116790-outboard-powered-boats.html)

gotime34 11-21-2005 12:01 PM

Re: Outboard powered boats

Originally Posted by fruitta55
I had to vote as an I don't care. I've got one on my boat and it gets the job done. Would I like a stern drive? You bet, if for nothing other than the sound!

Nothing beats that sound...It is one of the reasons I got into these kind of boats, and I wouldn't trade that big block sound for anything.

Shore Thing 11-21-2005 02:11 PM

I'm seriously considering OB's on my next boat. I love the sound of thru-hull exhaust, but i'm willing to trade it for OB reliability. I'm looking in the 25'-30' range though, as i agree anything above 30 (other than CC's) really needs stern drives.

Steve Zuckerman 11-21-2005 03:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by X-Driver
Nothing like the sound of 2.5 Mercs running at 7000+ rpm!!!!
X-driver

If anyone is interested, I have 2 2005 X motors for sale.
PM if interested

X-Drvier:
I agree, but it's even better @ 10,000+ :D ...........
Steve

ospreyproduction 11-21-2005 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I'll always have outboards. I know people that swear by both but I like the sweet smell of Klotz 2 stroke oil. Makes me wanna ride in reverse!!

Steve Zuckerman 11-21-2005 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by ospreyproduction
I think I'll always have outboards. I know people that swear by both but I like the sweet smell of Klotz 2 stroke oil. Makes me wanna ride in reverse!!

Hey Lee:
Are you selling that Cougar? That is one sweet ride. How did your trip to TN go this summer?
We'll have to hook up next time you guys come over.
Regards,
Steve

CAP071 11-21-2005 09:59 PM

I'd have a Cat with O/B's if it wasn't for Insurance :(

CBR 11-21-2005 10:32 PM

I never thought I'd consider outboards, not fun trolling in an oil haze.

But, with the new four stroke outboards, that has totally changed my opinion.

My only issue with outboards now is that you can't tie up stern to the dock. Of course, same problem with inboards and extension boxes.

As we cruise extensively, outboards or inboards with extension boxes just don't work for me. If we did not, I think the new four stroke outboards just might be the preferred setup for shallow water or ocean use. Also, you could bottom paint the boat and tilt the motors out of the water...sweet!

JJONES 11-21-2005 10:40 PM

Nothing Beats The Sound Of Big Blocks And Engine Scoops Look Far Better Than Engines Hanging Of The Back!all Boats Are Cool Though,as Long As Your Having Fun It Doesnt Matter!

ospreyproduction 11-21-2005 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Hey Lee:
Are you selling that Cougar? That is one sweet ride. How did your trip to TN go this summer?
We'll have to hook up next time you guys come over.
Regards,
Steve

I have it for sale, and a steal at that. 55K I may keep it....hell I don't know. Still not leaving outboards. We had a great time on Center Lake last summer! We're moving to Lake Murray this spring. Maybe we'll catch up with yall on Lake Hartwell or Lanier.

bermudaboy 11-22-2005 06:28 PM

21 Skater with a 2.5 EFI = 92mph What a ride, outboards are FUN :D