Like Tree0Likes

How much for a 24 pantera?

Reply
Old 11-30-2005, 10:21 PM
  #41
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TENNESSEE
Posts: 69
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

First of all THE DONZ that 24 pantera your talking about happens to be a good friend of mine, your talking about that boat like its a bare hull.Sure you might be able to buy a hull for 5-8g's, but if you can buy a boat like that for 10g's then i'll buy them all day long. I was around that boat the whole time it was getting restored, and he didn't try to take the cheap way out on anything. In reality he is not going to make much at all on that boat. To let you know the paint job on the boat was over $17,000 alone. Their are things on that boat that Pantera factory hasn't even started using yet. Just ask joe from Pantera he has seen it, its on their website. If all you have is 5-8g's then maybe you need to start out with a bayliner or something, don't bash somebody's boat just cause you cant raise the funds, A real nice non abused pantera is not easy to find these days.
DOUBLE J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:06 AM
  #42
Charter Member #232
Charter Member
 
Audiofn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carlisle, MA USA
My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
Posts: 18,379
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE J
First of all THE DONZ that 24 pantera your talking about happens to be a good friend of mine, your talking about that boat like its a bare hull.Sure you might be able to buy a hull for 5-8g's, but if you can buy a boat like that for 10g's then i'll buy them all day long. I was around that boat the whole time it was getting restored, and he didn't try to take the cheap way out on anything. In reality he is not going to make much at all on that boat. To let you know the paint job on the boat was over $17,000 alone. Their are things on that boat that Pantera factory hasn't even started using yet. Just ask joe from Pantera he has seen it, its on their website. If all you have is 5-8g's then maybe you need to start out with a bayliner or something, don't bash somebody's boat just cause you cant raise the funds, A real nice non abused pantera is not easy to find these days.
Easy there DoublJ: Donz never trashed on the boat or the price. He even said that he would offer 10 grand or so. Honestly any boat that is that old you will have a hard time selling if it is not a runner. People know that project boats (and this is a project boat) you take what you think it is going to cost and double it, hell even tripple it. This severely limits the desirability of a boat like that. Add to that the age, hard to insure, yada yada yada and I could care less if he spent 100,000 on the boat it is only worth what the market will give and my guess is it will only give around 5-10K. I am in the same situation with my formula. I will have thousands and thousands into it, not counting my labor and I know full well that if I was to sell it I will be lucky to get 15-20K for it. I am going into my project with the full knowlege that this is the case.

Jon
__________________
Put your best foot forward!
Audiofn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 AM
  #43
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
here ya go. just drop in your power and your ready to rock

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...&cat=24&page=1

I've always admired your boat Bruce. What condition is your hull in? any stress cracks, deck cracks or spider web cracks on the bottom. is there a half cabin under there?

love the high flying race pix.
TCorsa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:54 AM
  #44
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TENNESSEE
Posts: 69
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

Audiofn, not talking smack to you, but i've read the personal e-mails he has sent to littledcrodshop. First he is trying to get the money talking about what a nice boat it is and he would love to have it, and had know problem with the price. Then turns around and tells him he is crazy for asking that for the boat, and it is not worth near that. I understand that 90%of the time you put in way more money then you'll get out of it, and i've seen alot on here and would love to have a few of them, but im not gonna call them up and tell them how crazy they are just because i can't afford it. By the way I also love formulas, just curious what you have and good luck with your project.
DOUBLE J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:11 AM
  #45
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vice City & Tavernier, FL
My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
Posts: 5,850
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofn
Easy there DoublJ: Donz never trashed on the boat or the price. He even said that he would offer 10 grand or so. Honestly any boat that is that old you will have a hard time selling if it is not a runner. People know that project boats (and this is a project boat) you take what you think it is going to cost and double it, hell even tripple it. This severely limits the desirability of a boat like that. Add to that the age, hard to insure, yada yada yada and I could care less if he spent 100,000 on the boat it is only worth what the market will give and my guess is it will only give around 5-10K. I am in the same situation with my formula. I will have thousands and thousands into it, not counting my labor and I know full well that if I was to sell it I will be lucky to get 15-20K for it. I am going into my project with the full knowlege that this is the case.

Jon
jon= thanks buddy i guess some people just don't know how to read. never did i trash it or anything and it's just not worth the money

DoublJ= about everything that he put into the boat i can tell you just got into the performance boat world cause there the worst investments. my father probably has over 200k into his cigarette. but what do you think the day he sells he's going to ask 200k ofcorse not. i like i said yea he might get close to what he's asking but trust me that boat will be sitting for a while. under the pantera section under the tread that he started he hasn't even gotten on post posted. go figure

donz sr= i know pops i have to keep dreaming but i guess i'm happy like that just hoping for one day

mark= what's bastard how cold is it there cause sure is nice and warm down here. nice speaking to you in kw.

jr mike
thedonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:29 AM
  #46
Charter Member #232
Charter Member
 
Audiofn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carlisle, MA USA
My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
Posts: 18,379
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE J
Audiofn, not talking smack to you, but i've read the personal e-mails he has sent to littledcrodshop. First he is trying to get the money talking about what a nice boat it is and he would love to have it, and had know problem with the price. Then turns around and tells him he is crazy for asking that for the boat, and it is not worth near that. I understand that 90%of the time you put in way more money then you'll get out of it, and i've seen alot on here and would love to have a few of them, but im not gonna call them up and tell them how crazy they are just because i can't afford it. By the way I also love formulas, just curious what you have and good luck with your project.
There are a few threads on my boat in Tech area. It is a Formula 302. I have replaced the stringers, transom, floors and now am working my way through the cabin. Everything is getting replaced with light weight alternatives. This boat was already extreamly light at only 7000 pounds for its age and will be much lighter when done. Interior is being removed and cabin will be minimalist. New power will be going from 330's to 575-600hp blower motors. Boat will have very little left of it but the hull itself however I have always felt that the 302 hull is one of the best ever made. This experiment is going to tell me if I am right or wrong...

Jon
__________________
Put your best foot forward!
Audiofn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:09 AM
  #47
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vice City & Tavernier, FL
My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
Posts: 5,850
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE J
Audiofn, not talking smack to you, but i've read the personal e-mails he has sent to littledcrodshop. First he is trying to get the money talking about what a nice boat it is and he would love to have it, and had know problem with the price. Then turns around and tells him he is crazy for asking that for the boat, and it is not worth near that. I understand that 90%of the time you put in way more money then you'll get out of it, and i've seen alot on here and would love to have a few of them, but im not gonna call them up and tell them how crazy they are just because i can't afford it. By the way I also love formulas, just curious what you have and good luck with your project.
it's incredible how people put words in other peoples tongue

mark that does sound like a chit load of fun

jr mike
thedonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:09 PM
  #48
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
littledcsrodshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 2,194
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

THEDONZ (jr.) First of all You have bashed me & my boat. ( You bashed me with your infinate wisdom , your egotistical opinions, and your little sarcastic faces.) After after all you knew the price, The hardware, the trs drive ect.. Or are you the one that has trouble reading ? And then you went and posted this thread saying that it wasn't "someones boat on the board, or in the classifieds." It seems kind of funny that you didn't know it was in the classifieds , or someones on the board when you looked at it in the classified section right after the first time I e-mailed you. Which was 1-day before you started this thread. In your e-mails You even spoke about some of the pictures you looked at on the Pantera forum. As far as hardware goes with my outdated shifter and my obsolete trs drive. I appologize if that it is not up to your standard but did it ever cross your mind that I may like my outdated shifter, and obsolete drive ? If I wanted a new set of livorsi, or marine machice controlls I would have put a set on it. Or if I wanted a Bravo outdrive I would have put one of them on it also. I agree that $23,500 May be alot of money for a 26 year old boat, but it is also alot of boat. I have no problem with you (or anyone else for that matter) thinking that it is too much money. because we all have the right to our own opinion. However why not have a little class, and keep it your opinion. And as far as your comment about Doublej goes, about that you can tell that he is new to the performance boat world. For one you have no idea what you are talking about on that one, and another lets remember who the one is here who doesn't even have a boat , and has to post under his dads membership. I am sure your fathers 38 top gun is an awsome boat, and I don't blame you for dreaming about getting it one day. I hope one day that I can work my way up to a boat like that. So I wish you the best. "And in your words none of this is meant to offend you."
littledcsrodshop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:26 PM
  #49
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TENNESSEE
Posts: 69
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

Audiofin, sounds like your gonna have one heck of a ride. those blower motor ought to really make it roll. I agree with you on the ride of a formula, littledcsrodshops father owns a 272 formula, and i have to say thats one of the best riding boats i've been on. keep us posted when you get the motors in. good luck.
DOUBLE J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:27 PM
  #50
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vice City & Tavernier, FL
My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
Posts: 5,850
Default Re: How much for a 24 pantera?

you have taken this in to such another level. i have never bash your boat never did i say it's a piece of chit never didi say it's no good or anything like that why don;t you read the first post i posted saying how nice the boat is an all that. about everything that is out dated, i'm not knocking it down or anything i'm just saying that for having old stuff that's alot of money not that it's a piece of crap or anything. people like you are what start problems by putting word in people tongue. about not knowing that it was a boat of a member here on oso you know what i didn't know when i first stared this thread., but why don't you scroll a little down and see where i did a correction cause i realized when i saw it listed here on the classified. so don't talking chit. and for your information about me not having a boat, well i do have a boat and believe it or not it will run circles around yours, so know before you talk.the reason i was interested in your boat was cause i want to buy a v-hull. i really dont want to start problems or anything cause everyone that knows me in this board know that i'm not a trouble maker and that i get along with everyone but don;t talk chit and especially don't put word in My tongue. like i said you have a nice boat but when that boat sells it will be for a specific buyer that like old boats that look like new with that kind of paint job and our willing to pay for it. and like you said it's opinion, well it's my opinion that your boat is over price and there's no rules on this board that says "i can't say a boat is over priced" and like i have said since we first e-mailed each other good luck with your sale
(in a good way before you think something else)

p.s= your 37 ford is sweet

jr Mike

Last edited by thedonz; 12-01-2005 at 10:32 PM.
thedonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
thedonz
Pantera
4
03-28-2006 11:06 AM
JO - PANTERABOATS
Pantera
8
06-04-2004 04:55 PM
ScottB
General Boating Discussion
0
05-13-2004 09:17 AM
JnT
Pantera
2
05-01-2004 10:05 PM
blackhawk
General Boating Discussion
9
08-26-2002 09:05 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.