Notices

Drive stand project.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Drive stand project.

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Wow those are nice but man thats alot of work for something that gets covered with grease and overspray.. I made one in less than an hour out of 2x4's that ive been using for 5 years now .. The top has a slot you can sit the skeg in or flip it over and has a larger hole for the upper to sit in ..
Ill get a pic later it was easy to make and has been used to rebuilt and paint a variety of different lowers
You are correct that a lot of effort went into building these but these were intended to be more than something that was to be covered in grease and overspray. They were built to be sturdy well built pieces of equipment that would last and be a nice addition to a shop. There are people that will spend money on snap on equipnent and boxes and there are people that will buy tools at Walmart and carry them around in a cardboard box. It's all about what you want. You won't find too many pieces of equipment built from 2x4's where these stands are going to be.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger 1
What kind of parts do you need to wax and polish?
NOW, Gichyass busy and make something shinny while you're waiting for the parts!!!

The boat is already bright and shiny. I waxed it when it wasn't so frign hot! I love your boat. Are you going to keep that color scheme? It is sick
Old 05-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
The boat is already bright and shiny. I waxed it when it wasn't so frign hot! I love your boat. Are you going to keep that color scheme? It is sick
Thank you and yes. I am going to put it back the way it was.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you and yes. I am going to put it back the way it was.
I dont believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!My money says it will be much better then before..........Rogers work is second to none.I know the old owner and he kept it nice but Roger is a real live perfectionist...........has done work for my company and work for me personally..............mark.......
Attached Thumbnails Drive stand project.-winch_stand__bow_stop_030__medium_.jpg  
Old 05-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by el indio
I dont believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!My money says it will be much better then before..........Rogers work is second to none.I know the old owner and he kept it nice but Roger is a real live perfectionist...........has done work for my company and work for me personally..............mark.......

Thanks Mark.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct that a lot of effort went into building these but these were intended to be more than something that was to be covered in grease and overspray. They were built to be sturdy well built pieces of equipment that would last and be a nice addition to a shop. There are people that will spend money on snap on equipnent and boxes and there are people that will buy tools at Walmart and carry them around in a cardboard box. It's all about what you want. You won't find too many pieces of equipment built from 2x4's where these stands are going to be.
No I put my cornwells in my strap on box .. But thats alot of work for shop dollies.. The one I made out of two by fours actualy holds them in place so you can work on them. And it doesnt scratch the paint as you dont have to set the drive on the cav plate.. They look real perty though , nice job
Old 05-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
No I put my cornwells in my strap on box .. But thats alot of work for shop dollies.. The one I made out of two by fours actualy holds them in place so you can work on them. And it doesnt scratch the paint as you dont have to set the drive on the cav plate.. They look real perty though , nice job

Thanks. These were designed with storage and transportation as a priority and not so much working stands. That's why they are built this way. I wanted to be able to move the drives around without worrying about them tipping over and getting damaged or injuring someone. That's why they are as heavy as they are and have a low center of gravity and the larger casters. I am, however, doing the prep work for painting my drives on them and they provide a very stable work platform. As far as being a lot of work for shop dollies, I could'nt agree with you more. My projects have a tendency to take on a life form of their own.

Roger
Old 05-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice work Roger! I love overkill, that's they way to roll!

...ps. Thanks for the call the other night. I really appreciate your advice and concern. You're a good man.

Kurt
Old 05-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Nice work Roger! I love overkill, that's they way to roll!

...ps. Thanks for the call the other night. I really appreciate your advice and concern. You're a good man.

Kurt
Thanks Kurt, hang in there and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink Re: Drive stand project.

Great work Roger!!!

Quick Reply: Drive stand project.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.