Like Tree0Likes

Donzi in 6 to 8's

Old 12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sonic 30ss
Default Re: Donzi in 6 to 8's

Well, she was yelling in fear everytime I tried to go faster, and waves were coming in the boat at idle speed, so it was better for the boat and safer (for me) to bounce her around inside the cabin. There she could not see me pin the throttles. She lived.

She is scared during storms when you can look down twenty feet into the wave holes, so now she sits in the rear seat where she can't see, and cross checks the chart plotter with the Etrex. Most women would not go out with me in those conditions, and she did get me through some terrible storms. Once I could not see the inlet at all, and thought we were going to roll over on the beach. She was dead on with the numbers, otherwise we would have been dead.

Last edited by CBR; 12-13-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport

Well, significant wave height is determined by the average height of the highest one third of waves recorded in a given monitoring period. Whatever that means!

I am guessing that 99% of boaters measure wave height by the distance between the crest and trough. That being said, I have no doubt that a 38 ZR could get on top and run in 6+ footers at 80 mph if the spacing was right.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: motor sports boats bikes

this is some of the funniest i have had the opportunity to read yet
its doesnt matter if u are in a cig fountain ol etc,,

its like bench racing how everyones boat goes faster, the waves are bigger,,
anyone who has experience with the sea knows that a 6+ face is going to kick your azzz..
i have been out in mean waters racing sailboats,ocean crossings etc and if you think u can take your powerboat out and run it at speed you are nut kidding or crazy.... someone gonna get hurt,, stuffing and dying is very likely in chit like that,,,
some of the biggest water i have been in with our LITTLE 35 foutain was off the coast of long beach coming back from newport,,
would have enjoyed a 80 to 120 foot Azimut or sunseeker that day
Old 12-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
this is some of the funniest i have had the opportunity to read yet
its doesnt matter if u are in a cig fountain ol etc,,

its like bench racing how everyones boat goes faster, the waves are bigger,,
anyone who has experience with the sea knows that a 6+ face is going to kick your azzz..
i have been out in mean waters racing sailboats,ocean crossings etc and if you think u can take your powerboat out and run it at speed you are nut kidding or crazy.... someone gonna get hurt,, stuffing and dying is very likely in chit like that,,,
some of the biggest water i have been in with our LITTLE 35 foutain was off the coast of long beach coming back from newport,,
would have enjoyed a 80 to 120 foot Azimut or sunseeker that day
Like I said, it depends on the spacing. All waves are not created equal! I've been in 4 footers that were a riot and we were running wide-open and I've been in 4 footers where we couldn't even get on plane and got pounded in our little boats. Different sharpness, spacing, rythem, etc.

If they are spaced right a 38' boat(not just a Donzi) could get on top and run fast.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:42 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR
JCPERF, yeah the big box on the back keeps waves from rolling up the engine hatch to an inch below the seat tops when I am trolling offshore. That is what the waves used to do, then drop down the edges of the hatch into the bilge. The box stops that from happening now, it is great!

I was in a bad storm off Block Island and we were doing about 20 MPH with the waves trying to roll over the back of the boat. Without the box, I think we would have sunk. Also great for getting on and off the boat in Nantucket, Palm Beach and Kismet <gg> to high fixed docks.

Offshore w... you can only run fast in big waves if they are closely spaced. I believe you are thinking of swells, and alot depends on how far apart they are. You are wrong to think a Sonic can't take big waves, as it is one of THE strongest boats out there. Push on the hull side of your boat, if you have one, and see what happens. The F boats will bend in, but you will break your hand on a Sonic before it will move.
so your trying to tell me that a Sonic is built like an Apache? i do own a boat and its a 1973 Cigarette 28ss. Sean and Naughty Kitty's old boat. now if you think that's not a strong hull, u don't know your boats. i have taken that boat in some huge waves especially this fall up in GH, MI. Naughty Kitty will back that up. i am in the market for a bigger boat so your telling me that if i love jumping waves and big water i should look at a Sonic instead of a Cig or Apache?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:01 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sonic 30ss

Hunh? I detect the smell of inexperience. Where did I say your old cig did not have a strong hull? You are the one who claimed Sonics can't take big seas. Where did that come from?

There is nothing wrong with any of the boats you mentioned in the last post, including Sonics. But, if you truly like to boat in horrible sea/lake conditions (I don't, I just get stuck in them sometimes), I'd advise you to purchase an enclosed bridge, 60 foot Hatteras.

Last edited by CBR; 12-14-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:37 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR
Hunh? I detect the smell of inexperience. Where did I say your old cig did not have a strong hull? You are the one who claimed Sonics can't take big seas. Where did that come from?

There is nothing wrong with any of the boats you mentioned in the last post, including Sonics. But, if you truly like to boat in horrible sea/lake conditions (I don't, I just get stuck in them sometimes), I'd advise you to purchase an enclosed bridge, 60 foot Hatteras.
you said something about boating and then you said even if you have a boat, so i responded. i never said a Sonic doesn't have a strong hull, those boats weigh a ton. i said there was no way that you were in that big of ways going full speed with your wife wedged somewhere in the cabin. everyone on this site knows that's not true. bring your Sonic to GH, MI and i will show you inexperience. remember you're the one that doesn't like rough water.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: http://www.facebook.com/#!/matt.conroy.90

Attached Thumbnails
Donzi in 6 to 8's-128.jpg  
Old 12-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Registered

My Boats: motor sports boats bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaboatin
ohh that gonna hurt
Old 12-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
This is the most true statement I've read on here.