Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many miss the old/new oso???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119194-how-many-miss-old-new-oso.html)

t500hps 12-28-2005 12:12 PM

Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

I haven't seen anyone posts a differing opinion here. Seems we all agree that very few are actually offended by the content but a large number were tired of the hi-jacking (that has subsided quite a bit) The friendships made here and the knowledge gained is worth 100 times the membership fees. Seeing masher and stecz make serious posts is worth admission alone!
You guys won't offend me without some effort and targeting me directly. Put up the Heineken man and Dlaw's old NGZ PLZ avatar and posts away in your own threads.
BTW: I want to meet as many members as I can when in Richmond for the OSO chill-out!!!!

Ms PatriYacht 12-28-2005 12:24 PM

I to have made lots of friends here but I do miss the old days where most of threads were interesting, funny (not stupid) and there was some fighting allowed. But now it seems like a few members spend all day posting what they think is funny but what it nothing more than highjacked threads or hurling smack back and forth against each other. No ifs ands or buts, the E dock thread was highjacked, but those guys were classy and to played along. I give them a lot of credit for that.
Stez some of what you post is funny and I have enjoyed the photo shop skills of your group, but for instance that one on the GD on the free tee shirt is just BS and does not belong on the GD and you know it, but you post it anyway; why. For someone that claims to not want moderation you sure go out of your way to bring it on. I bet Steve and the other mods will tell you that before you became so active and full of yourself, not nearly as much moderation went on. Yes I know I can choose to not read the threads, and I do that now much more than I ever did before :(

stecz20 12-28-2005 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I to have made lots of friends here but I do miss the old days where most of threads were interesting, funny (not stupid) and there was some fighting allowed. But now it seems like a few members spend all day posting what they think is funny but what it nothing more than highjacked threads or hurling smack back and forth against each other. No ifs ands or buts, the E dock thread was highjacked, but those guys were classy and to played along. I give them a lot of credit for that.
Stez some of what you post is funny and I have enjoyed the photo shop skills of your group, but for instance that one on the GD on the free tee shirt is just BS and does not belong on the GD and you know it, but you post it anyway; why. For someone that claims to not want moderation you sure go out of your way to bring it on. I bet Steve and the other mods will tell you that before you became so active and full of yourself, not nearly as much moderation went on. Yes I know I can choose to not read the threads, and I do that now much more than I ever did before :(

your offended before you click on it, but still choose to click on it.. like you come down to the sbrt section why to be offended.. some people go out of their way to be offended, then complain about it... the free sbrt t shirt section would be great to see who clicks on it.. to see who really wants a free t shirt... im sure its as many that hate as do love us... humor, what you think is poor taste is nothing but a penis joke.. big deal...

masher44 12-28-2005 12:46 PM

Stecz... just makes me wonder who has the time to follow our posts and complain about them :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

stecz20 12-28-2005 12:48 PM

i think it is worth your time jimmy.... hey ms patriyacht, if not for me and a few others, you would have had a candle light vigil for someone that does not exist... you never called to thank me, for saving you for not having egg on your face with that one, we were already the fool... but, i guess i was not looking out for you either... in many ways you have no idea when people are looking out for you that dont even know you, i was looking out for you that night, so you did not look the fool.. now your upset about a penis joke...

tomtbone1993 12-28-2005 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
Stecz... just makes me wonder who has the time to follow our posts and complain about them :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thankyou for your input :D :D

BLee 12-28-2005 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
no one is asking to break the rules tough guy... just pointing out a few things to my people... dont make me come down there and smack you around, all 115 lbs of ya... dont make me send dc out to get ya...

I wasn't directing that toward anyone in particular. No, no one asks to break the rules, they do it anyway! :D I must be shrinking because you weighed me in at 140 last night. :D

You need to give DC a rabies shot before putting him on a plane. Standard FAA regulations, and they DO take their rules seriously. :drink:

stecz20 12-28-2005 12:50 PM

right....... we should have let her roll with her candle light vigil.... thats what we get for caring, looking out...

stecz20 12-28-2005 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I wasn't directing that toward anyone in particular. No, no one asks to break the rules, they do it anyway! :D I must be shrinking because you weighed me in at 140 last night. :D

You need to give DC a rabies shot before putting him on a plane. Standard FAA regulations, and they DO take their rules seriously. :drink:

no way dude, dc goes as is.. i cant polish that kid.. maybe well send him to lady school..... must be a finshing school for bad boys.... you know i love you, im just getting you stirred up.. i love it when you get all misty eyed...

Sean H 12-28-2005 12:54 PM

i leave for a day and you guys get all sentimental and crap..... :D

stecz20 12-28-2005 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i leave for a day and you guys get all sentimental and crap..... :D

i love you.... not your shirts though...

Sean H 12-28-2005 12:57 PM

i love you.... not your shirts though...

i got some new ones today... you will love them if you show up in miami..... :D

Ms PatriYacht 12-28-2005 03:59 PM

your offended before you click on it, but still choose to click on it.. like you come down to the sbrt section why to be offended.. some people go out of their way to be offended, then complain about it... the free sbrt t shirt section would be great to see who clicks on it.. to see who really wants a free t shirt... im sure its as many that hate as do love us... humor, what you think is poor taste is nothing but a penis joke.. big deal...

man do you ramble :D first of all I did not say I was offended, just that the thread is BS and you knew it is not in the right forum. To me it seems you do that kind of stuff and start those kinds of threads to call attention to yourself.

Second of all I don't "like you come down to the sbrt section why to be offended" I am reading your BS in the General Discussion, and until I click I don't know what I am in for, especially if there is a link

Third I never posed the question "How many miss the old/new OSO", you did. If you are going to take offense and get defensive at an answer that does not agree with you, you should not have asked the question in the first place. That attitude makes it hard for most people to give an honest answer.

Ms PatriYacht 12-28-2005 04:21 PM

i think it is worth your time jimmy.... hey ms patriyacht, if not for me and a few others, you would have had a candle light vigil for someone that does not exist... you never called to thank me, for saving you for not having egg on your face with that one, we were already the fool... but, i guess i was not looking out for you either... in many ways you have no idea when people are looking out for you that dont even know you, i was looking out for you that night, so you did not look the fool.. now your upset about a penis joke...

you crack me up, what does Big Scotty have to do with this thread. Oh I get it you "think" you helped me so I have to agree with you, man am glad I never tried to be one of "your people"

Since you brought it up, yes being the concerned person I was I asked a fellow member of your SBRT group that was a "good friend" of your enforcer Big Scotty, and your eye candy Rachael if they wanted to hold a moment of silence at the party. He was all over it "since Scotty was such a great guy, and such a good friend to you all". Lucky for him, that you with the help of Trick and others found out the member that you all vouched for was made up. Egg on my face, I am surprised you would even want to bring up one of the funniest hoaxes ever played on your little group.

Racegirl3 12-28-2005 04:38 PM

This is so entertaining .... :drink: :drink: :drink:

bouyhunter 12-28-2005 04:50 PM

In this corner, weighing in at 115 lbs. in the white bikini we have Ms. Patriyacht.
And in this corner, we have Stecz, in the "co_ck and Balls" T-shirt.

:eek:

Ms PatriYacht 12-28-2005 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=bouyhunter]In this corner, weighing in at 115 lbs. in the white bikini we have Ms. Patriyacht.

Oh how I wish that were true :D , sorry but please don't confuse the avatar with the girl

bouyhunter 12-28-2005 04:54 PM

Best I could come up with...

Ms PatriYacht 12-28-2005 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Best I could come up with...

That's OK :D I just wish trying to answer a question honestly did not have to force me to come out swinging to defend myself :(

SpeedGirl 12-28-2005 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Popcorn get your popcorn :D

bouyhunter 12-28-2005 05:00 PM

Stecz - buddy, I gotta agree with Ms. Patriyacht on this one re: the saving her from egg on her face. You guys were eating it up with the BS thread, and I've talked to Rob through PM's - we shook hands, it's all good. I know a few of you have taken your beatings for being lured in.
But in the same respect, I and a few others took a beating from your posse when we were throwing up the caution flag early on.
Hey, in retrospect, it's all pretty Gaw-Darn funny.

hp500efi 12-28-2005 05:27 PM

stecz20...............us old timers remember the days when OSO had a BAT that was used on anyone getting out of line....don't make us dig that out now.......... :evilb:

life is to short ! be happy :drink: :drink:

bouyhunter 12-28-2005 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by hp500efi
stecz20...............us old timers remember the days when OSO had a BAT that was used on anyone getting out of line....don't make us dig that out now.......... :evilb:

I think it was replaced with a plunger
:D

dreamer 12-28-2005 05:37 PM

what did happen to the oso "bat"

bouyhunter 12-28-2005 05:39 PM

dreamer - see above post

SpeedGirl 12-28-2005 05:39 PM

I think Traviss is the original owner of the bat :D

bouyhunter 12-28-2005 05:43 PM

Speedy - where ya been? Haven't seen you in a while.

Traviss doesn't come around much anymore - I miss his Avatar.

bouyhunter 12-28-2005 05:43 PM

OK, and not that I really give $hit about this sorta thing, but

tomtbone1993 12-28-2005 05:45 PM

alright old timer............i rember when you would post the best stuff in the UC section.........where have you been??? :evilb: :evilb:

SpeedGirl 12-28-2005 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Speedy - where ya been? Haven't seen you in a while.

Traviss doesn't come around much anymore - I miss his Avatar.

I'm aways here....... :drool: Just keeping to myself

stecz20 12-28-2005 06:26 PM

That's OK :D I just wish trying to answer a question honestly did not have to force me to come out swinging to defend myself :(

sorry if you felt that way, but im just trying to make a point... you seem to know a lot about our little group... even down to the call names... i wont bash you back, im a gentleman...

OldSchool 12-28-2005 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i got some new ones today... you will love them if you show up in miami..... :D

he's not man enough to show up in Miami

stecz20 12-28-2005 06:38 PM

i might have to, my good name is on the line....

Ms PatriYacht 12-28-2005 06:46 PM

sorry if you felt that way, but im just trying to make a point... you seem to know a lot about our little group... even down to the call names... i wont bash you back, im a gentleman...

It is hard not to know the names of your group since it used to be plastered on every post you made in all the forums. I think your signature line used to be about 6 inches tall listing all their names.

Please don't send me any more PM's I don't have time to answer your rants and delusions, if you send any more Iwill copy and paste them here. And lastly if you don't want honest answers then don't start any threads where you might get some you don't like

OldSchool 12-28-2005 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

It is hard not to know the names of your group since it used to be plastered on every post you made in all the forums. I think your signature line used to be about 6 inches tall listing all their names.

Please don't send me any more PM's I don't have time to answer your rants and delusions, if you send any more Iwill copy and paste them here. And lastly if you don't want honest answers then don't start any threads where you might get some you don't like

:eek: :eek:

Click below :D

stecz20 12-28-2005 07:00 PM

yeah well it happens....

STRAIGHTPRIORITY 12-28-2005 07:05 PM

hmmm...... first off i hope im not a lurker! :eek: i havent posted a ton, but im tryn to get aclamated! second, ive never been offended by anything on here and i never will! third, if i had no oso i probably wouldnt have a job, because i wouldnt go to work :evilb: :D and oso taught me how to read!! :eek: :evilb: :D :p

Phantom1 12-28-2005 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn
But seeing the same 5 or 6 guys post the same old jabs at each other on EVERY thread gets old....fast.
I don't care about people talking politics, and I find almost nothing "offensive." What bugs me is that every time I read a new thread, I'm mentally counting how many replies it will be before I find the same old crap in it..usually isn't very many.
Just my $.02.

Well said. Worth much more than $0.02!

Racegirl3 12-28-2005 07:13 PM

your offended before you click on it, but still choose to click on it

right....... we should have let her roll with her candle light vigil.... thats what we get for caring, looking out...

Im curious as to why you think Donna has complained about your posts? Because she was man enough ( :D ) to reply to your question here you ASSUME that she has complained?

Im on Donnas email list and I know from the stuff she forwards me, the stuff you guys say would not be offensive to her ... I bet if you did a pole (ha) with the choices being
1. who thinks SBRT is the best
2. who really doesnt care about SBRT
and
3. Allan4 is a putz (no really he is but we love him anyway)

the biggest percentage would be #3 ... and if Im wrong (and I could be), maybe you should talk to Steve about buyin him out and taking over for good

I know not everybody reads Chips and Boats but thats ok because my friends do. Sometimes. If you guys are having fun in your SBRT place and there has been a problem with "offensive" material, then maybe the thread can get moved to UC? Just a thought ...

Wobble 12-28-2005 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Im curious as to why you think Donna has complained about your posts? Because she was man enough ( :D ) to reply to your question here you ASSUME that she has complained?

Im on Donnas email list and I know from the stuff she forwards me, the stuff you guys say would not be offensive to her ... I bet if you did a pole (ha) with the choices being
1. who thinks SBRT is the best
2. who really doesnt care about SBRT
and
3. Allan4 is a putz (no really he is but we love him anyway)

the biggest percentage would be #3 ... and if Im wrong (and I could be), maybe you should talk to Steve about buyin him out and taking over for good

I know not everybody reads Chips and Boats but thats ok because my friends do. Sometimes. If you guys are having fun in your SBRT place and there has been a problem with "offensive" material, then maybe the thread can get moved to UC? Just a thought ...

I went to that SBRT place, the horror :eek:
smelled funny too. :D