Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many miss the old/new oso???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119194-how-many-miss-old-new-oso.html)

IN10SE 12-29-2005 05:16 PM

Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

Rivergirl Now she was a hottie! I was only a lurker back in those days.

OldSchool 12-29-2005 05:33 PM

NickSlick's Monday Morning Damage Reports :D

t500hps 12-29-2005 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Hey Stecz ... Ill get them for ya ....

:eek:

You want it poured over your head or shoved up your a**? :D :drink:

I gotta meet this girl...that was hilarious!!!

JCPERF 12-29-2005 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
Since KW it has gotten very serious around here. I post every now and then and have never ever been offended by anything from SBRT or anyone else on this site. You know why?? I am an adult, not a whiny baby. If a person gets offended by something off an internet forum it must be because the stuff is true and the offended person doesn't want others to know the truth.

Evolving site.. :D :D :D :D ,, how can anyone say that.
What a crock. It's the SOS just a different day, only now the main contributors appear to gett whacked and called down a lot. etc. Remember.. this is a *(#@%^)*&%^% :evilb: :evilb:

I agree that the owners of the site can run any way they choose, but it is getting kinda lame.
SAR

I agree :D good post

bryanspeedracer 12-30-2005 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
It is hard not to know the names of your group since it used to be plastered on every post you made in all the forums. I think your signature line used to be about 6 inches tall listing all their names.

Please don't send me any more PM's I don't have time to answer your rants and delusions, if you send any more Iwill copy and paste them here. And lastly if you don't want honest answers then don't start any threads where you might get some you don't like

My perception is that it's all about egos "Hey everybody, look at me. I'm cool".

Some people are into it, some people tolerate it, some hate it.
The reason that the same poeple hijack threads in the GD forum is their ego. They simply wouldn't get the exposure in their own forum.

If I'm wrong and the theme is truly for laughs, leave it in your own playground. The ones that find it entertaining will seek you out instead of the other way around.

Who knows, if everone meets each other in Miami it may be less if an inside joke. I tend to laugh harder when I can relate to the people telling the story. Right now, I can't.

Lucididee 12-30-2005 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
My perception is that it's all about egos "Hey everybody, look at me. I'm cool".

Some people are into it, some people tolerate it, some hate it.
The reason that the same poeple hijack threads in the GD forum is their ego. They simply wouldn't get the exposure in their own forum.

If I'm wrong and the theme is truly for laughs, leave it in your own playground. The ones that find it entertaining will seek you out instead of the other way around.

Who knows, if everone meets each other in Miami it may be less if an inside joke. I tend to laugh harder when I can relate to the people telling the story. Right now, I can't.

It's not about egos, it's actually about the power of OSO! We have all met through OSO and got together and have formed great friendships. Unfortunately, OSO is people through the region and may never have the chance to meet. If more people would just take things at face value and not read into things sooooo much, it would make things alot easier. If SBRT (northern east coast guys) and E-Dock (southern guys) who for the most part have different personas due to their area, can get along, I don't understand all the BS that has been said. EDOCK is E-Dock! It's a physical place. A place where they all are! SBRT is a group of people that do not see each other everytime they go out boating, it was just a group of people that travel to boat together through out the year. For the most part, we are all at least 1 hour away from each other, but get together for events. NY/NJ has a certain mentality that most people outta the area do not understand, that could be why some take offense to it. And we are sorry if you do. But those that are from this area, don't understand what the big deal is cause we are all like this. Hopefully, once boating season begins, all can get over the BS and get back to extending our OSO families. Try to remember this is a forum, a place where people gather for valuable information and a place to have fun. Jeez guys, even my mother knows about SBRT and E-Dock. On a daily basis she asks what is gong on and finds 99.9% of it hysterical.

So get and some never will.

stecz20 12-30-2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lucididee
It's not about egos, it's actually about the power of OSO! We have all met through OSO and got together and have formed great friendships. Unfortunately, OSO is people through the region and may never have the chance to meet. If more people would just take things at face value and not read into things sooooo much, it would make things alot easier. If SBRT (northern east coast guys) and E-Dock (southern guys) who for the most part have different personas due to their area, can get along, I don't understand all the BS that has been said. EDOCK is E-Dock! It's a physical place. A place where they all are! SBRT is a group of people that do not see each other everytime they go out boating, it was just a group of people that travel to boat together through out the year. For the most part, we are all at least 1 hour away from each other, but get together for events. NY/NJ has a certain mentality that most people outta the area do not understand, that could be why some take offense to it. And we are sorry if you do. But those that are from this area, don't understand what the big deal is cause we are all like this. Hopefully, once boating season begins, all can get over the BS and get back to extending our OSO families. Try to remember this is a forum, a place where people gather for valuable information and a place to have fun. Jeez guys, even my mother knows about SBRT and E-Dock. On a daily basis she asks what is gong on and finds 99.9% of it hysterical.

good post.....

masher44 12-30-2005 11:48 AM

well said... brains and looks.... it is even more clear now why you will be my future wife...

stecz20 12-30-2005 11:51 AM

what a pair...

Lucididee 12-30-2005 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by masher44
well said... brains and looks.... it is even more clear now why you will be my future wife...

I'm doomed!!!!!!!!!! :eek: First there was a pic of me & Stecz in public...now masher.............I better go crawl under a rock until boating season starts! :drink:

fund razor 12-30-2005 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer

What... performance boating?

No.. just kidding.

But I think that I missed some of the offensive threads.
That's ok. It saved me from getting offended. :D

I don't think that a mild hijacking is so wrong. Some of my best posts have been humor hijackings. But I don't do it in the tech section. Except for that one time. Sorry Jim. :)

I think that when you have a thread about a little kid who likes to see the dancing bananas so everyone should post dancing bananas.... it's pretty clear that we need the over 18 stuff to be in it's own yard.
Not to mention the people at work. I can't do it much these days, but some can and that's a lot of traffic.

I think that simply applying the same standards that we would in public is more than reasonable.

People have argued that it is a private club, and it is. But some sections have huge glass windows. If people use a little self control I don't see why the good natured ribbing and occasional hijack needs to be cause for panic.

cuda 12-30-2005 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
Let's all meet at Subway and talk about this! :drink:

Now that might be the funniest thing you've ever posted Capo! :D

cuda 12-30-2005 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Hey Stecz ... Ill get them for ya ....

:eek:

You want it poured over your head or shoved up your a**? :D :drink:

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I love your style RG! :evilb:

cuda 12-30-2005 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by masher44

Get off my girl! I had dibbs on her before you were ever on here..................now, if I could just find the money for that OL, I might have a shot! :drink:

cuda 12-31-2005 12:15 AM

Okay, I guess I should weigh in here, though I tend to stay out of these kinds of posts, they only bring ill will if you really say what you mean.

About a year ago, when Mash, JC, et all first got started bashing each other, I posted something in a thread about all the highjacking. A couple days later, JC posted something about he knew I didn't like him. I sent him a pm explaining that wasn't the case at all, I actually think he's very damn funny, it's just that it got tiresome to see it on damn near every thread. If you've noticed, it's not very often JC gets in these volleyball matches of bashing, unless that was the intentional start of the thread. He and I talked it out, and we have become good friends since. His number is on Deb's cell phone, and the call to him was the first thing she did when my boat turned punk! :)

Mash, no offense intended, but I swear to God I thought you were a fifteen year old back then. :) It might have been because of the old font your avatar used to have. :)

My thought on the question at hand is, Oso is kind of like a big bowling team. Some good natured ribbing is damn near required, but it can't be that it takes precedence over every topic. We can all tell when a thread is just for shts and giggles, and it's no holds barred then.

I know I'm the number one post ho on the site, but I swear I've never intended it, or meant it to happen, it's just that this board has become a major focus of my life. To be quite honest with you, you have no idea what a difference it has made. Before Oso consumed all my thoughts, I was always bored in the evenings, and I've never been much of one to watch the boob tube. Well, to ward off that boredom, I used to go to the bar EVERY NIGHT! I drank like a fish, and I don't just mean once in a while, it was what I did, just like now Oso is what I do! I'm not kidding when I say that Oso has been the main reason for me changing my lifestyle for the better. I don't get offended, and it's much easier on my liver. :)

Another thought of mine, sometimes I may make a nothing post, just because I don't want people to feel slighted by being ignored on the site, especially someone new to the site. I know a lot of questions have been asked many, many times, but we shouldn't make a new person feel like a dumbass for asking it.

And that's all I have to say about that! (said in my best Forrest Gump voice) :)

Airpacker 12-31-2005 09:12 AM

Hey Joe, you are a post ho because you love hitting the submit button. check the author of the previous FOUR posts :)
If we all used FOUR posts for every responce we submitted, you wouldn't be the only one with 15,000 posts.

bryanspeedracer 12-31-2005 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I don't think that a mild hijacking is so wrong. Some of my best posts have been humor hijackings. But I don't do it in the tech section. Except for that one time. Sorry Jim. :)

I agree. You know when to quit, and get the topic back on track.

You have always been all class and you avatar proves it
:drink:

Macklin 12-31-2005 11:06 AM

Great post Cuda. And great thread this is.

My thoughts are that all the hijinks and hijackings takes me back to high school days. We all grow up one day....

masher44 12-31-2005 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Mash, no offense intended, but I swear to God I thought you were a fifteen year old back then. :) It might have been because of the old font your avatar used to have. :)

:)

Thats why JC made me come to Jax.... he said you hated me too.... :D

pullmytrigger 12-31-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
Stecz......Exactly what time period do you consider to be the "old" OSO........to me the "old" OSO was the D Man, Blonde Cig Chick, Rivergirl, Troutly,Travis, Nort and that Florida guy with the Bayliner days........

So.......

Formula Outlaw 12-31-2005 11:36 AM

Cuda, that was VERY well said...:drink: :drink:

I have laughed at some of the posts on here that tears have come down my face. Some posts I just shake my head and wonder WTF. Some other posts have flat out annoyed the hell out of me. These are the ones when someone gets attacked for expressing a sincere difference of opinion.

I have never been offended by anything.

I spend a lot of time here because I enjoy it and I have learned a tremendous amount of boating info. And the best part is the friendships I've made.

For better or for worse, WE make OSO what it is. Personally, I like it.

Downtown42 12-31-2005 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Cuda, that was VERY well said...:drink: :drink:

I have laughed at some of the posts on here that tears have come down my face. Some posts I just shake my head and wonder WTF. Some other posts have flat out annoyed the hell out of me. These are the ones when someone gets attacked for expressing a sincere difference of opinion.

I have never been offended by anything.

I spend a lot of time here because I enjoy it and I have learned a tremendous amount of boating info. And the best part is the friendships I've made.

For better or for worse, WE make OSO what it is. Personally, I like it.

Residing as a retired General, did you know Patten or McCarthy? :D

Lucididee 12-31-2005 11:47 AM

Get off my girl! I had dibbs on her before you were ever on here..................now, if I could just find the money for that OL, I might have a shot! :drink:

We do have a long history together! :drink:

Whatever happened to rags?

JCPERF 12-31-2005 11:48 AM

Okay, I guess I should weigh in here, though I tend to stay out of these kinds of posts, they only bring ill will if you really say what you mean.

About a year ago, when Mash, JC, et all first got started bashing each other, I posted something in a thread about all the highjacking. A couple days later, JC posted something about he knew I didn't like him. I sent him a pm explaining that wasn't the case at all, I actually think he's very damn funny, it's just that it got tiresome to see it on damn near every thread. If you've noticed, it's not very often JC gets in these volleyball matches of bashing, unless that was the intentional start of the thread. He and I talked it out, and we have become good friends since. His number is on Deb's cell phone, and the call to him was the first thing she did when my boat turned punk! :)

My thought on the question at hand is, Oso is kind of like a big bowling team. Some good natured ribbing is damn near required, but it can't be that it takes precedence over every topic. We can all tell when a thread is just for shts and giggles, and it's no holds barred then.

I know I'm the number one post ho on the site, but I swear I've never intended it, or meant it to happen, it's just that this board has become a major focus of my life. To be quite honest with you, you have no idea what a difference it has made. Before Oso consumed all my thoughts, I was always bored in the evenings, and I've never been much of one to watch the boob tube. Well, to ward off that boredom, I used to go to the bar EVERY NIGHT! I drank like a fish, and I don't just mean once in a while, it was what I did, just like now Oso is what I do! I'm not kidding when I say that Oso has been the main reason for me changing my lifestyle for the better. I don't get offended, and it's much easier on my liver. :)

Another thought of mine, sometimes I may make a nothing post, just because I don't want people to feel slighted by being ignored on the site, especially someone new to the site. I know a lot of questions have been asked many, many times, but we shouldn't make a new person feel like a dumbass for asking it.

And that's all I have to say about that! (said in my best Forrest Gump voice) :)

Thats not the real reason Deb is in my cell phone :drink: ;) :evilb:

Lucididee 12-31-2005 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
.....................For better or for worse, WE make OSO what it is. Personally, I like it.

So very true! One of the best quotes!

JCPERF 12-31-2005 11:50 AM

We do have a long history together! :drink:

Whatever happened to rags?

Are you cheating on me already? :eek: :D

Panther 12-31-2005 11:52 AM

Ya'll better get bigger and faster boats if you think my sis is gonna bat an eye at ya! :evilb:

Lucididee 12-31-2005 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF

I plan on claiming you next Saturday! Afterall, I was highest bidder! :drink: You're all mine now!

stecz20 12-31-2005 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF

you better get a new chick, dee sounds like she has a few dudes on the side.... im telling mike.... we thought she was pure....huuuuuhhhhhh...

Lucididee 12-31-2005 12:03 PM

Hey bro!

How do I summon the Apache gods to have Chief Footinyourarse take care of Stecz?

Lucididee 12-31-2005 12:08 PM

Hey guys, on a serious note, be safe 2nite! Looking for a great year 2gether!
http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/im...rFireworks.gif

Lucididee 12-31-2005 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
you better get a new chick, dee sounds like she has a few dudes on the side.... im telling mike.... we thought she was pure....huuuuuhhhhhh...

Why do you make me wanna hurt you!

You are all my boys! I just haven't figured how to distrute yas amongst my girls yet! Not sure if you'll be able to handle that crew.

stecz20 12-31-2005 12:25 PM

Why do you make me wanna hurt you!

You are all my boys! I just haven't figured how to distrute yas amongst my girls yet! Not sure if you'll be able to handle that crew.

are your girls as pure as you????

offshoredrillin 12-31-2005 12:32 PM

I'll bring beads and do fine:D even have a special set for you:)

375stinger 12-31-2005 01:58 PM

i read the first few pages...but my attention span prooved to short..neways i say this site kicks azz, and although it has been "toned down" sometimes higher powers feel they must contain some of our limits for the ultimate betterment of the site. there are a bunch of cool dudes on here,and i learned a whole lot, and anytime i need help there are always numerous people who do all tehy can, and share their knowledge to help. this site should and is a fun free environment,and nothin to take for granted, as i dont know of any website or group of peopel i been with as cool as this place. neways thats all i gotta say , o and happy holidays,,,,,er w.e is the current politicaly correct way to say it :drink:

JCPERF 12-31-2005 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Stecz....Although this is a bit off topic of the original thread, this might help clears things up a bit in the future with some of the issues raised here.

I think if you were to use some of the Smilies that have been provided for use, people would be able to understand the tone of your posts a bit more. An example is the thread in The Bilge that I had to nuke. I got a few complaints on it (I wont say who they were) as some took offense to what was being posted.

Now, I figured you meant it in a kidding way, but I tend to read all the posts on the site so I get an idea of peoples writing styles and sense of humor. But, there are others who don't have the time to do this or are not as able to figure that out. There were obviously some people (posters and non-posters) who did not understand the tone or meaning. This holds especially true for those who have not met you in person or talked to you on the phone.

Throw in a when you mean the post in a light hearted way or a :mad: :( :rolleyes: :hothead: when you don't. This might help folks figure out the tone and meaning behind your words.

(this actually goes for everyone....not just Stecz)

Peace...out :)

Now he must kill you

:eek: :D

stecz20 12-31-2005 02:45 PM

thanks troutly... ill keep it in mind, i dont do the face thing... the funny part about the thread you poofed... nick was the one whos tone could have been thought of as nasty... i still got bashed... if people dont know the relationship between the two people why say anything... another good point of how people are wound up too tight these days... nick and i are friends... nick did something very nice for me a while back and he will always be on my people list..... some people think its important to give their thoughts on what a proper post would be, when they have no idea what the post is even about...

so here ya go nick.... you're a scum bag..... :D :D :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :drink: :drink: :drink: :eek: :eek:

stecz20 12-31-2005 02:47 PM

if i say, jc goes down on cows.. is this face ok???? :eek: :eek:

RollWithIt 12-31-2005 02:51 PM

That face is good. And I would throw in a :woohoo: to go along with it. :p :D

JCPERF 12-31-2005 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hows this face for you Stecz