Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many miss the old/new oso???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119194-how-many-miss-old-new-oso.html)

stecz20 12-27-2005 05:48 PM

How many miss the old/new oso????

i know its all fine and dandy that the gd is full of johnny do gooders, i say it sucks and the site is no better than speedwake... the other nite i sat down with what little info i had about some of my buddies and what they spent with the advertisers and the general public from oso.. this figure is well over 2 million just in one year, thats not counting what the e dick guys did, i have no idea.. ill give you a clue what im talking bout...

Tow rig 55,000 Sanders Ford mcraymond
cafe racer/trailer 80,000 Martin Marine
Trailer repair 3,000 Myco
Enigine work 10,000 Jcperf/Zul
Rigging 3,000 Mrd/Met through Jcperf
Interior Work 15,000 Tres Martin

Do you get the idea of what im trying to say, thats just a taste of what ive spent from this site, forget about other boats, poker runs, whatever you can think about this site has touched my life.. im not trying to get gay here, im just showing how much i give back to this site, and its advertisers.. if i cant speak my mind on this site this site will no longer be the fist site in the morning nor the last before i go to bed.. i think it sucks that because a few complain about what is being said and throw around what power they have through the silly politics on this board...

i have met great people on this board, many of them have become by best friends. not only have i met new people to do business with, i have met people to give my business to. i for one will not change the way i conduct myself for the interests of a few.. i feel i speak for many of us, go take a look at the gd and the bilge, yeah great stuff huh.. might as well be speedwake.. horrible... i feel that most of what we say should stay in the gd and the bilge cause of how much we have to do with boating and how much we make you guys smile.. im not saying that the racial, drug slurs, nor foul language is right, but thats for the moderators to decide..

this site is a great place for friends and people to get together with the same interests and a great place to blow off steam, lets get rid of the politics and the b/s.. if you dont like the way the posts and threads are going dont read them, if you know the party of the thread, dont get involved.. this is all very simple.. i know i spend the money with people on this board, im gonna get my money's worth....... i will bring the fun back to oso... i will bring oso back to its glory... so ive said it let it be written.........Mr. Wonderful

Tricky919 12-27-2005 05:57 PM

Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

Is this all because the Fart thread got closed ????????????????? Kick it up to 100 mg's of Thorzine...........

Tricky919 12-27-2005 05:58 PM

I'll give you that ride in the spring..........

stecz20 12-27-2005 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tricky919
I'll give you that ride in the spring..........

you will, and you will like it, or i must hurt you....

OSO 12-27-2005 06:26 PM

stecz,

Ifyou think things are deleted or moved because of politics than I will look at my moderators decisions. I personally have removed some tasteless remarks and posts lately that the majority do not care to read. If you have a complaint please direct it to me and be specific since I have no clue what you are talking about.

It is great that you purchase from the advertisers but this does not give one free reign to do and say what they want. There are still rules, this is not the wild west, the real estate is owned and the takes are paid.

I can tell you that I get a lot more complaints about the tasteless stuff than politics so I believe the mods and admins are doing a pretty good job keeping the majority happy.

Thank you!!

stecz20 12-27-2005 06:36 PM

im not complaining to you, if i had a problem with you id call you or talk to you face to face... nor do i think i have the right to post whatever i want... just pointing out to the public of oso that the board has jumped the shark... it seems the boys and girls are scared to speak their mind due to the fact they are scared they will be poofed or deleted.. i was pointing out how much this board touches our lives money wise and personally.. it really has little to do with you steve or the mods... its the players that make the game..... sorry if you took it the wrong way.... its just me talking to my people.... lets get this place going again, winter is when this place gets good.....

Edward R. Cozzi 12-27-2005 06:38 PM

Darn! What fart thread?

I hate when I miss stuff.

Anarchy Powerboats 12-27-2005 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
stecz,

Ifyou think things are deleted or moved because of politics than I will look at my moderators decisions. I personally have removed some tasteless remarks and posts lately that the majority do not care to read. If you have a complaint please direct it to me and be specific since I have no clue what you are talking about.

It is great that you purchase from the advertisers but this does not give one free reign to do and say what they want. There are still rules, this is not the wild west, the real estate is owned and the takes are paid.

I can tell you that I get a lot more complaints about the tasteless stuff than politics so I believe the mods and admins are doing a pretty good job keeping the majority happy.

Thank you!!

Tasteless is a point of view.

cuda 12-27-2005 06:56 PM

Stop it Steczy, my eyes are getting misty! :drink:

cuda 12-27-2005 06:58 PM

But seriously, in my opinion, getting moved, poofed, or deleted is not the end of the world, but now, getting banned would be the end of the world as I know it. Debbie would find me wandering around the neighborhood in a daze.

rjcardinal 12-27-2005 06:58 PM

I miss the old OSO

Jupiter Sunsation 12-27-2005 07:10 PM

Site is ok, certainly not worth paying for. Most of the posts are bs about whatever, some good stories. I like go fast boats of all types but think too many people on here don't have a life and just want to dream out loud about their boats that are sitting on blocks in the yard under two feet of snow. I have met several people that browse this site but laugh at the time most spend typing away about nothing! Anyone remember Big Scotty? The site can be informative, good classified and a whole lot of Bullship....................just my 2 cents

Wobble 12-27-2005 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
i know its all fine and dandy that the gd is full of johnny do gooders, i say it sucks and the site is no better than speedwake... the other nite i sat down with what little info i had about some of my buddies and what they spent with the advertisers and the general public from oso.. this figure is well over 2 million just in one year, thats not counting what the e dick guys did, i have no idea.. ill give you a clue what im talking bout...

Tow rig 55,000 Sanders Ford mcraymond
cafe racer/trailer 80,000 Martin Marine
Trailer repair 3,000 Myco

Do you get the idea of what im trying to say, thats just a taste of what ive spent from this site, forget about other boats, poker runs, whatever you can think about this site has touched my life.. im not trying to get gay here, im just showing how much i give back to this site, and its advertisers.. if i cant speak my mind on this site this site will no longer be the fist site in the morning nor the last before i go to bed.. i think it sucks that because a few complain about what is being said and throw around what power they have through the silly politics on this board...

i have met great people on this board, many of them have become by best friends. not only have i met new people to do business with, i have met people to give my business to. i for one will not change the way i conduct myself for the interests of a few.. i feel i speak for many of us, go take a look at the gd and the bilge, yeah great stuff huh.. might as well be speedwake.. horrible... i feel that most of what we say should stay in the gd and the bilge cause of how much we have to do with boating and how much we make you guys smile.. im not saying that the racial, drug slurs, nor foul language is right, but thats for the moderators to decide..

this site is a great place for friends and people to get together with the same interests and a great place to blow off steam, lets get rid of the politics and the b/s.. if you dont like the way the posts and threads are going dont read them, if you know the party of the thread, dont get involved.. this is all very simple.. i know i spend the money with people on this board, im gonna get my money's worth....... i will bring the fun back to oso... i will bring oso back to its glory... so ive said it let it be written.........Mr. Wonderful

Wow,

I never imagined that you could put together multiple paragraphs! :evilb:

bouyhunter 12-27-2005 07:23 PM

OSO is evolving.
I like it - it's like that awkward junior high girl, that show's up next year as a knockout :cool:
There are some that have been around for a long time, and some newbies - that I might add, have plenty to contribute.
I think it's OK to bust balls with each other (those that know each other i.e. been here a while, or actually KNOW each other)

I'm not worried about a thread being "poofed" or "moved".
I'm more worried about someone getting "Suckered" by a newbie that has two Superbowl Rings, a new Ferrari, and is looking to move from a Hustler 388 to a Nortech. Not to mention a Blonde, and Brunette girl (totally different bodies)....that are both the same girl and now in Intensive care.

$7500 is a good bit.
Glad it was returned.

i'M BUSY NOW - i'M SHOPPING FOR A JET - HUH, FRED?
:D

Stecz - Wanna buy a Rolex??

Lucididee 12-27-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble
Wow,

I was thinking the same thing. Mr Wonderful does amaze me sometimes. It's almost like an intellectual side.

Outdrive1 12-27-2005 08:03 PM

I see the problem right there, you spent 15k on guages so you could keep track of your punk a$$ motors. Next time drop the whole 25k on the motors........ :evilb: :evilb: :D :D

Now quit your crying and speak your mind like you used too.
We stand together, we fall together.........

stecz20 12-27-2005 08:04 PM

my point is not really about being poofed of deleted, steve is the owner of his site and can run it as he sees fit, his mods do what they think is best.. im saying you the people need to step it up... im not complaining about what has happened ,just pointing out that this place is dead and needs to wake up... some of you people that lurk and add your 2 cents are pretty funny, you contribute nothing but feel the need to give the fact that your a lurker and seem to think we care what you think or have to say... stay lurking.... the fun is gone, little too serious around here......

stecz20 12-27-2005 08:08 PM

boating is fun, spending money is fun, taking pics of glh hanging over a garbage can is fun.... jc, proclaiming his love for masher is fun.... byrdman caught in the broom closet with his pants down looking at February's issue of ebony, priceless......

stecz20 12-27-2005 08:10 PM

Wow,

go buy a ford, and free yourself of the secrets hidden in your closet.... you know about you and that guy, with the thing....

gsmith9898 12-27-2005 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Site is ok, certainly not worth paying for. Most of the posts are bs about whatever, some good stories. I like go fast boats of all types but think too many people on here don't have a life and just want to dream out loud about their boats that are sitting on blocks in the yard under two feet of snow. I have met several people that browse this site but laugh at the time most spend typing away about nothing! Anyone remember Big Scotty? The site can be informative, good classified and a whole lot of Bullship....................just my 2 cents

My thoughts also. I posted several comments after keywest that were never let on oso. I don't want to be part of a chat site that is maintained by big brother. This site has some great people visiting but too much politics and regulating. If people want to get on here and talk about big scotty and boat wrecks and who has the fastest boat, than let the trash talking begin. When children get a hold of dads computer than the mods will see it and take action. When the adults are talking trash, so be it.

waterheater 12-27-2005 08:28 PM

This is a super site, i bet all of us on here have never laughed harder, made a deal or two, learned more about performance boating, & witnessed the aforementioned in action, and the list goes on. This is a family that shares itself with its members and friends; as it should be. Old or new, OSO has taught alot of us a TON of info.

bryanspeedracer 12-27-2005 08:41 PM

Me too. Bought my boat from a thread right here on OSO.

Sometimes people need to be reigned in though. If someones an idiot, it's ok to tell them so- just be classy about it.

But, I do understand. Hell, I even started a thread on Speed Kills (Must be the last guy to read it) and got no hits...

pm203 12-27-2005 08:44 PM

It seems that there are a few crybabies on this site that ruin it for the rest. I think the boat knowledge and humor on this site is incredible. Its a shame to see it toned dwn, but if that is what it takes to keep the site up and running, so be it.

P.S. Crybabies and complainers,go elsewhere!

waterheater 12-27-2005 08:49 PM

Its like a TV or radio staion. If you dont like what's on, CHANGE THE CHANNEL.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-27-2005 09:00 PM

the board has jumped the shark.......

Stecz,
I'm sorry, I took some time off away from posting after aggravating someone that didn't want their bilge exposed.... :rolleyes:
I thought the board got a bit quiet too! :(
But it couldn't have been because of me... :confused:
I wasn't posting that much was I? :eek: :D :D :D

BLee 12-27-2005 09:03 PM

We need a healthy Magnum Mark. He's always good for an OSO Apache showdown. :cool: :D

OldSchool 12-27-2005 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
We need a healthy Magnum Mark. He's always good for an OSO Apache showdown. :cool: :D

Won't be long!!! Do you think he is wearing white socks in the hospital???

:drink: :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

cuda 12-27-2005 09:15 PM

All I own is white socks, and one pair of black in case I have to attend a funeral.

rush 12-27-2005 09:15 PM

I came on here "Not litterly" I go some where elce for that 2 years ago thinking I new It all about boats, Well I dont, but I know a lot more now, I log on here Every day,I wouldnt trade this place for nothing!! If I could spell better and type faster I would be talking on here all day long. I Looove this place!!! oh and stez touched me in my well.... you know where.... Thanks for the memories.

rainmn 12-27-2005 09:15 PM

boating is fun, spending money is fun, taking pics of glh hanging over a garbage can is fun.... jc, proclaiming his love for masher is fun.... byrdman caught in the broom closet with his pants down looking at February's issue of ebony, priceless......

But seeing the same 5 or 6 guys post the same old jabs at each other on EVERY thread gets old....fast.
I don't care about people talking politics, and I find almost nothing "offensive." What bugs me is that every time I read a new thread, I'm mentally counting how many replies it will be before I find the same old crap in it..usually isn't very many.
Just my $.02.

t500hps 12-27-2005 09:25 PM

I have no problem with the threads about nothing, SBRT, or whose gonna beat who. As stated, you can choose to read them or not. Stecz and the other characters dialogue is usually pretty dam funny and I do tend to read those threads. I did have a conversation with Rob (offshoredrillin) complaining about one aspect back around key west time. My ONLY complaint that was voiced ONLY to Rob was the hi-jacking of nearly every thread on the board. If the SBRT'ers and e'dockers want to pop off 10 threads about BS in GD then that's fine, just leave a serious thread alone. For a short period of time you couldn't have a serious question asked on the board without it going off topic in 3 posts or less. Now things have gone in the opposite direction regarding "censorship" but finding the right middleground has to be tough.

stecz20 12-27-2005 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn
But seeing the same 5 or 6 guys post the same old jabs at each other on EVERY thread gets old....fast.
I don't care about people talking politics, and I find almost nothing "offensive." What bugs me is that every time I read a new thread, I'm mentally counting how many replies it will be before I find the same old crap in it..usually isn't very many.
Just my $.02.

it would interest me to see what threads you are clicking on.. i know it gets old quick, but what threads are you clicking on.. is it asking too much to stop reading after you read something you dont like... see what you just did, its great you pointed out your feelings without complaining or crying.. you spoke up like man, not cryed to the site... if we policed ourselves like adults and men, we would not to bring every problem to steve...

stecz20 12-27-2005 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps
I have no problem with the threads about nothing, SBRT, or whose gonna beat who. As stated, you can choose to read them or not. Stecz and the other characters dialogue is usually pretty dam funny and I do tend to read those threads. I did have a conversation with Rob (offshoredrillin) complaining about one aspect back around key west time. My ONLY complaint that was voiced ONLY to Rob was the hi-jacking of nearly every thread on the board. If the SBRT'ers and e'dockers want to pop off 10 threads about BS in GD then that's fine, just leave a serious thread alone. For a short period of time you couldn't have a serious question asked on the board without it going off topic in 3 posts or less. Now things have gone in the opposite direction regarding "censorship" but finding the right middleground has to be tough.

hijacking the threads is not something that is meant , it just happens.. this is the job of the mods to step in... it happens with every thread and everyone.. this was a very busy time for our groupof guys and runs and things got crazy, no harm meant and like the man said.. stop reading, if your offened.. its not ment to offend just make ya laugh, and share what we did at one of the local runs..

rainmn 12-27-2005 09:50 PM

it would interest me to see what threads you are clicking on.. i know it gets old quick, but what threads are you clicking on.. is it asking too much to stop reading after you read something you dont like... see what you just did, its great you pointed out your feelings without complaining or crying.. you spoke up like man, not cryed to the site... if we policed ourselves like adults and men, we would not to bring every problem to steve...

I read almost every thread in GD and the Bilge, unless of course I can tell I'll have no interest from the title of the thread. Even though I don't post much, I'm on here a lot. (I work from home full-time.) :D
And no, it isn't too much to ask to stop reading a thread when I find something I don't like. If I'm reading a thread, it's because it interested me to begin with. If it changes topic to something that no longer interests me, I still scroll through it to see if it gets back on track or not.

open87 12-27-2005 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by waterheater
This is a super site, i bet all of us on here have never laughed harder, made a deal or two, learned more about performance boating, & witnessed the aforementioned in action, and the list goes on. This is a family that shares itself with its members and friends; as it should be. Old or new, OSO has taught alot of us a TON of info.

sums it up pretty well.

stecz20 12-27-2005 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn
I read almost every thread in GD and the Bilge, unless of course I can tell I'll have no interest from the title of the thread. Even though I don't post much, I'm on here a lot. (I work from home full-time.) :D
And no, it isn't too much to ask to stop reading a thread when I find something I don't like. If I'm reading a thread, it's because it interested me to begin with. If it changes topic to something that no longer interests me, I still scroll through it to see if it gets back on track or not.

well your one of the upstanding members of this site.. you can read it not complain, and go on to your business.. many cant.. my 2 cents is that if we moderate ourselves it will make for a better site... i would love to know who goes and cries to steve about something silly to begin with....

Wobble 12-27-2005 10:21 PM

go buy a ford, and free yourself of the secrets hidden in your closet.... you know about you and that guy, with the thing....

You only wnat me to buy a Ford so that your Ford Powered short bus has a chance of catching me when I inevitably breakdown.

Originally Posted by waterheater
This is a super site, i bet all of us on here have never laughed harder, made a deal or two, learned more about performance boating, & witnessed the aforementioned in action, and the list goes on. This is a family that shares itself with its members and friends; as it should be. Old or new, OSO has taught a lot of us a TON of info.

I ALSO AGREE THAT THIS SUMS IT UP.

Stecz,

Much as I find you to be very strange, I have had some good laughs at yours and others expense.
I have yet to be offended by your posts.

Have at it.. :drink:

stecz20 12-27-2005 10:26 PM

You only wnat me to buy a Ford so that your Ford Powered short bus has a chance of catching me when I inevitably breakdown.

I ALSO AGREE THAT THIS SUMS IT UP.

Stecz,

Much as I find you to be very strange, I have had some good laughs at yours and others expense.
I have yet to be offended by your posts.

Have at it.. :drink:

strange, let me ask you this... have you ever seen a chevy or a dodge ambulance... reason for that, cant have our lives in the hands of a chevy or dodges....

im right in the head pal... your the one whos a few sandwiches short of a picnic... im ok, you suck.....lol

tomtbone1993 12-27-2005 11:02 PM

i like Fords........ :D

stecz20 12-27-2005 11:06 PM

i know you do... thanks for your support..