Like Tree0Likes

No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Reply
Old 12-28-2005, 12:49 PM
  #11
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:03 PM
  #12
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

I did not delete it because the person in the video showed up. The thread got ugly with jabs being launched across the pond which was not right. If a General Discussion Moderator wants to re-open it; that's fine. It does not matter who/what/when was coordinated. The fact is that folks will view the video in a manner that appears the boat is being operated in an unsafe manner; and that will hurt all of us. No one that arbitrarily views the video is going to know its the same boat being passed over and over (even though there were a couple boats passed rather close); especially folks who are trying to gun us down and restrict powerboaters. No one is going to know a 'movie' was being filmed. No one is going to know how experienced the driver behind the wheel might have been. When was the last time you met a powerboat educated insurance underwriter? I know a few that would cast off powerboats in a second if they saw this video.

I anticipate the next Local Water Safety meeting showing the movie for a general viewing, complete with popcorn and daggers.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-28-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:27 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 169
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Make sure the local water safety group don't get hold of this vid! It was hosted on scream and fly a while back - how close?
http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/m...video.wmv.html
MadMat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:30 PM
  #14
Registered User
 
leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: UK
My Boats: 2000 phantom 28, 2xGM 325hp diesels
Posts: 175
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Here we go!

LMAO
leviathan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:50 PM
  #15
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

We could go back and forth for hours into days on this. However, when folks comment on why our insurance rates keep hiking skyward, and why we keep getting a bad reputation (we have significant issues with this); its obvious that videos like these are hurting us, not helping us. My posts above are common sense. I am not launching or returning a personal attack.

Just because that guy robbed a bank, does it mean its OK for me to rob one? Come on.
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:52 PM
  #16
Registered User
 
leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: UK
My Boats: 2000 phantom 28, 2xGM 325hp diesels
Posts: 175
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Just because that guy robbed a bank, does it mean its OK for me to rob one? Come on.
WTF?
leviathan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:53 PM
  #17
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Lafayette,La
My Boats: 31 Resin bucket
Posts: 5,335
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

big deal , so the guy did some drive bys in his boat..... i guess no one here ever did a burn out in a car either....
Attached Thumbnails
No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...-headache.jpg  
Open72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM
  #18
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Rated30
...


I wouldn't even suggest you try that with me,
Just my .02.


wach you going to do.............how big of a boy are ya????????




















how is your Dad doing? Tom
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:55 PM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Va.
Posts: 1,231
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I did not delete it because the person in the video showed up. The thread got ugly with jabs being launched across the pond which was not right.
Come on, he was being called all sorts of names and responded. He didn't throw any names back he just defended his video.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
It does not matter who/what/when was coordinated. The fact is that folks will view the video in a manner that appears the boat is being operated in an unsafe manner; and that will hurt all of us. No one that arbitrarily views the video is going to know its the same boat being passed over and over (even though there were a couple boats passed rather close); especially folks who are trying to gun us down and restrict powerboaters. No one is going to know a 'movie' was being filmed. No one is going to know how experienced the driver behind the wheel might have been.
If you notice it's on a foreign powerboat site? It also says "continied" on the end of the video and the second part shows them cordinating and setting up the entire event.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
When was the last time you met a powerboat educated insurance underwriter? I know a few that would cast off powerboats in a second if they saw this video.
Then they aren't educated. I would add, one guy doesn't set up rates for a corporation based on a internet video from England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I anticipate the next Local Water Safety meeting showing the movie for a general viewing, complete with popcorn and daggers.
Actually good idea, I'm going to grab some popcorn and get a beer and watch them again.

Last edited by Fanatic; 12-28-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Fanatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:57 PM
  #20
Registered
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Controlled environment, calm conditions, open water, no other boats around.... what's the problem??
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
nmogren
General Boating Discussion
33
01-23-2008 07:31 PM
Gunrunner72
General Q & A
3
07-10-2007 11:28 AM
Anarchy Powerboats
General Boating Discussion
2
06-13-2006 01:15 AM
NRG
General Boating Discussion
3
05-20-2006 10:20 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.