Like Tree0Likes

No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Reply
Old 12-28-2005, 11:16 PM
  #111
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF
I got my pic of you from Pompis
I represent that.How many beers was it?



__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 12-28-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:16 PM
  #112
Registered
 
stecz20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco CA
My Boats: I am Jersey's B!tch
Posts: 7,772
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Finally...the voice of reason.

yes indeed....
stecz20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:46 AM
  #113
Registered User
 
leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: UK
My Boats: 2000 phantom 28, 2xGM 325hp diesels
Posts: 175
Default Assumption is the mother of all F*ck-ups!

Now look! you lot do my head in!

http://www.boatered.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=78546
leviathan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:49 AM
  #114
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 169
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Classic!!!

Quote:
Wonder who the brave(?) soul is riding backwards on the bow and doing the filming??
MadMat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:21 AM
  #115
British member!
VIP Member
 
cookee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Salcombe, Devon, UK
My Boats: BananaShark 2001 24'
Posts: 895
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

I am greatly amused!
__________________
Cookee

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
cookee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:12 AM
  #116
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: King george, Virginia/Potomac River
My Boats: 25' Checkmate Convincor, 19 Checkmate Convincor, 23 Crownline, a Sea Doo, a 12' sailboat, and two kayaks!!
Posts: 1,920
Default Re: Assumption is the mother of all F*ck-ups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan

That crowd will have a heyday with this one. Anyone remember the classic OSO vs Boatered Smackdown about a poker run?

leviathan,
I thought the vid was cool, once I found out it was staged. Gutsy, but cool.
Be careful on your next filming expedition.
Shah Mat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:18 AM
  #117
Registered User
 
leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: UK
My Boats: 2000 phantom 28, 2xGM 325hp diesels
Posts: 175
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Sydwayz

I think you posted the original 'Teaser' (mid week meet) video on it's own, purely for some sensationalism! you did it in a way so as to cause a large response from people who hadn't seen the finished (final) video, and instigated a witch hunt, with many members 'rounding' on the fool in the video (me). In many cases, simply because they hadn't seen the part 2 vid.

I believe, that when people got to see the part 2, it was clear to most at least, that it wasn't just a thug tearing round the Solent buzzing boats, but an organised video shoot, with all participants in agreement, and clear of other boaters.

I also believe that when you saw the general concensis begin to change, and pass the 50% mark, that it was indeed no more than a harmless video shoot, you pulled the thread to save face!

OSO is a huge 'Global' notice board, you posted one side of a story, which many people saw, and re-linked to their sites, just like the one i've linked to above. But because you pulled the thread, the conclusion was hidden from them. I think this is a very poor show from OSO, and ask that you, or another OSO moderator, re-instate the thread, so that people can make their own mind up! If need be, remove the transatlantic name-calling you say exists in the thread (I don't think there is any, certainly not from me anyway)

I feel i'm now getting very bad press as a result of YOUR posting of my video, and subsequent removal!

Remember, it was YOU who posted it, not me! The video is hosted on my site, because there is a whole thread about the 'mid week meet' video shoot, and the first video of on board footage was a teaser, whilst the final edit was being produced.

The thread can be seen here:

http://www.boatmad.com/forum/showthr...=mid+week+meet

I understand that some (maybe many) will still see the video as foolhardy and bad for fast boating, but I think people should be allowed to draw their own conclusion, and at least they can hear both sides of this story.

so wadda ya say?

Jon Fuller

Last edited by leviathan; 12-29-2005 at 07:57 AM.
leviathan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:06 AM
  #118
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Leviathan,

First:
The link was sent to me in an email. I did not search for it. I did subsequently see the link to the video on another site with other folks posting similar sentiments as mine.

Second:
I removed the original thread because I did not like the personal and country attacks that started to take place at the end of the thread.

Third:
I still stand by my opinion that its poor judgement in how the boat was operated.

Fourth:
I did NOT remove the thread to save any face. If I had done that, I'd have shutup by now. I did apologize on another thread for a term that I used that I later regretted.

Fifth:
I cannot bring the thread back. A General Discussion Moderator would need to do so.

Sixth:
I cannot make anyone's opinions for them, nor control how they view a particular video. I can smile when someone agrees with my opinion; and I can accept when someone does not.

Lastly:
Have a good New Year's Everyone, including Leviathan.
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
  #119
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Fourth:
I did NOT remove the thread to save any face. If I had done that, I'd have shutup by now.
Probably not a bad idea so this thread will fade away. There is such a thing as asking for exposure...and this exposure isn't good for anyone, whether you like the video or not.

Happy New Years as well to everyone!!
__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:20 AM
  #120
Registered User
 
leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: UK
My Boats: 2000 phantom 28, 2xGM 325hp diesels
Posts: 175
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Leviathan,

I cannot make anyone's opinions for them, nor control how they view a particular video.
You can't 'make' their opinions, but you CAN steer them! And by pulling the thread/vid, you've stopped them reading my explanation, and the subsequent videos.

'Trigger happy' internet!
leviathan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
nmogren
General Boating Discussion
33
01-23-2008 07:31 PM
Gunrunner72
General Q & A
3
07-10-2007 11:28 AM
Anarchy Powerboats
General Boating Discussion
2
06-13-2006 01:15 AM
NRG
General Boating Discussion
3
05-20-2006 10:20 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.