Notices

NH House Bill 162

Old 01-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: NH House Bill 162

Originally Posted by ^HB162^
I quote the actual New Hampshire law about the jurisdiction. You quote some chart notes that refer to the entire county. AND YOU THINK YOU ARE CORRECT?

Ask your mama for a quarter, go down to the WalMart and buy a clue!
OH OK So every other state in the country has a three mile rule but NH can say no we are going to play by different rules. Ya that will happen. What do you want me to do get a letter from the coast guard to prove your wrong? If I do that will you go away? Plus in your quote were does it say anything about NH not having jurisdiction out to the 3 mile mark?

Jon
Old 01-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
Anyone can twist statistics, take misleading polls and even go so far as to patheticly try and link a fatality in order to pass this law. All this does is emphasize how this is clearly not about a speed limit.

I'm still waiting for Winnipesaukee specific (Let me try and be a little more clear here), FACTS ONLY PERTAINING TO LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE, that show a need for such a law. Maybe something that would contradict what the head of Marine patrol himself publicly states? Like I said, I'm still waiting.....

More important things at hand.... GO PATS!!!

.....still holding my breath.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered

pm203

I "came clean" many posts ago. I'll be more clear and elaborate.

I think the lake is becoming to much about speed and size. Bigger and faster is not the direction I want he lake to go in. Some are afraid to canoe or kayak on the lake because of speed and congestion. We now have HUGE Carvers and a boat that goes 130 mph. This is just to much for this lake.

Nothing will fix the lakes problems, but a speed limit is one step we can take. The biggest problem is the direction we are going in. Every year more and more boats going faster and faster. Plus PWCs that are to the point of being out of control. Were can it end but more Jack Hartmans.

If performance boaters wish to stay and follow the rules they have every right to. And if somebody wants to open it up out on the broads now and then, I don't really care. If they go 150' of my dock at high speed I'm calling the MP.

Clear enough?
Thanks for clarifying that this is your personal agenda, and not any majority whatsoever. And for those of you on the board that don't know what the Jack Hartman reference is, this is another glaring example of the type of fear tactics that these people try to use, instead of credible Winnipesaukee specific information related to speed. He was the victim of a fatal accident which these people horribly continue to reference in the self-serving hopes of gaining sympathy for thier agenda. It is nothing other than shameful.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
Thanks for clarifying that this is your personal agenda, and not any majority whatsoever. And for those of you on the board that don't know what the Jack Hartman reference is, this is another glaring example of the type of fear tactics that these people try to use, instead of credible Winnipesaukee specific information related to speed. He was the victim of a fatal accident which these people horribly continue to reference in the self-serving hopes of gaining sympathy for thier agenda. It is nothing other than shameful.

and was killed by an intoxicated operator...funny how those things are left out
Old 01-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CMG
and was killed by an intoxicated operator...funny how those things are left out

Hit and run intoxicated boater. Who was nice enough to turn himself in the next day After he sobered up so they couldn't prove it
He could have been running a cruiser , but they use the fact that it was a performance boat against us and that he was SPEEDING at an estimated 28 mph at night
Old 01-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm203

I "came clean" many posts ago. I'll be more clear and elaborate.

I think the lake is becoming to much about speed and size. Bigger and faster is not the direction I want he lake to go in. Some are afraid to canoe or kayak on the lake because of speed and congestion. We now have HUGE Carvers and a boat that goes 130 mph. This is just to much for this lake.

Nothing will fix the lakes problems, but a speed limit is one step we can take. The biggest problem is the direction we are going in. Every year more and more boats going faster and faster. Plus PWCs that are to the point of being out of control. Were can it end but more Jack Hartmans.

If performance boaters wish to stay and follow the rules they have every right to. And if somebody wants to open it up out on the broads now and then, I don't really care. If they go 150' of my dock at high speed I'm calling the MP.

Clear enough?

Notice all the "I's"......

I think the lake is becoming........

Not the direction I want.......

I'm calling the MP.......( now it's important to remember this is the same MP that stood up at the public hearings and stated that speed was not the problem.)

"Nothing will fix the lake's (sorry I have to use correct punctuation here and possession requires an apostrophe) problems, but a speed limit is one step we can take". Now I have a reasonably good command of the English language (as demonstrated better than yours) and I read that statement to mean that you state that nothing will fix the lake's problems, which one could assume that nothing would include a speed limit, yet you want a speed limit, after stating that nothing will fix the lake's problems. That my uneducated rubberheaded idiot is a circlejerk, a totally contradictory to itself, statement. That is why I say you don't even put up a good fight. You can't even win against yourself.....

And in referencing to the Carver, I would make an educated guess that you are referring to large wakes, which I believe, there is ALREADY a law on your own books with regard to that. AAHHHHAAAAAAAA, here's a novel idea, try enforcing laws that ALREADY EXIST. My, why didn't YOU think of that.....

And as already pointed out by another poster, the death you refer to involved alcohol, something that I don't believe a speed limit will help very much, that is unless you are going to ask for a special "drinking at only "X" mph law....

You have a right to your opinion, but make no mistake about it, IT IS ONLY YOUR OPINION. NOTHING ELSE. And you and your group are only trying to force YOUR OPINIONS on everyone else, most of who DO NOT SHARE your opinions, particularly the head of your own Marine Patrol.

Once again, you just got your azz handed to you on a silver platter, CLEAR ENOUGH......

If this were a hockey game, there wouldn't be enough left of you to punch....

Can someone please bring me a couple of bags of ice to ice my knuckles down a bit....

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 01-08-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I forgot to say he was drinking, then you guys forgot to say he was found not guilty of that charge by a jury. And that the receipt from where he was drinking showed he had three glasses of wine over 2 1/2 hours.

That accident is the reason why some people support HB162. That may not be right or fair.... but its true.

Hey loser, stick a fork in yourself, in this Forum, YOU'RE DONE...
Old 01-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Registered

If I forgot to say he was drinking, then you guys forgot to say he was found not guilty of that charge by a jury. And that the receipt from where he was drinking showed he had three glasses of wine over 2 1/2 hours.

That accident is the reason why some people support HB162. That may not be right or fair.... but its true.

No, you forgot to say anything whatsoever about it, and we called you on it.

Finally, an admission of the wrong that you are doing:

"That may not be right or fair....but its true."
Old 01-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This kayak and canoe line gets me . There's plenty of places to use kayaks and canoes that WE CAN'T GO and they also have to go where we can , so WE have to leave or slow down. Now wait a minute , why don't you just tell me to buy a smaller , paddle powered boat so i can go where they do? You would certainly object and make a mockery of me if I suggested THEY get BIGGER boats.
Personally I wouldn't be caught in a canoe or kayak in a lake the size of Winni unless it was in some protected orsecluded area, But maybe I'm the only one with common sense
Old 01-08-2006, 08:50 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I quote the actual New Hampshire law about the jurisdiction. You quote some chart notes that refer to the entire county. AND YOU THINK YOU ARE CORRECT?

Ask your mama for a quarter, go down to the WalMart and buy a clue!
Like all Dems you'r riding here for free ...

Go back to pluking vegetarian turkeys for a living...

I'll see you on Winne on our few trips a year there ... making as much noise as possible and going by at 80 mph. If I get a ticket (wich I won't) I'll pay it and keep annoying you.

Good day now.

Quick Reply: NH House Bill 162

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.