Notices

Save the Old Race Boats

Old 02-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Save the Old Race Boats

this is the one that was destroyed correct?
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-crouse-history0012a.jpg  
Old 02-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountain382000
this is the one that was destroyed correct?
Thats the one
Old 02-04-2006, 05:06 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Your right Diamond Don was a Cigarette.

I don't know if that was Phils 38.

Hey Phil M ! your on ! Whats the answer ?

LS

Steve and Charlie - my 38 was sold to Diamond Don just before the Point Pleasant race of 1976 - he renamed it Really Ridiculous for that race - later I think he had a 40 ft. Cig. Dave Gilmore or Bobby Sheer would know more - Have been away in Pakistan - was 50 miles from the strike for #2 - did not know it untill the following day - Needless to say - a interesting trip.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil M
Steve and Charlie - my 38 was sold to Diamond Don just before the Point Pleasant race of 1976 - he renamed it Really Ridiculous for that race - later I think he had a 40 ft. Cig. Dave Gilmore or Bobby Sheer would know more - Have been away in Pakistan - was 50 miles from the strike for #2 - did not know it untill the following day - Needless to say - a interesting trip.

Thanks Phil.....we are trying to find out if this is your old boat...do you have any numbers on the hull that we could use to identify it?

Can you remember any specifics of the stringer layout or the way the original exhaust came out...sides or transom?

This guy bought it with TRS drives set up for staggered diesel engines....what drives did you have, if TRS do you have records of any numbers or X dimensions?

thanks

Charlie
Old 02-04-2006, 06:06 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Thanks Phil.....we are trying to find out if this is your old boat...do you have any numbers on the hull that we could use to identify it?

Can you remember any specifics of the stringer layout or the way the original exhaust came out...sides or transom?

This guy bought it with TRS drives set up for staggered diesel engines....what drives did you have, if TRS do you have records of any numbers or X dimensions?

thanks

Charlie

Charlie -

The boat had TRS drives when I sold it - also was set up for Staggared engines - exhaust out the rear of the boat - The boat can be id, by the round holes cut in the shape of a "N" on either side of the rear deck above the transome - they were Air flow holes for venting.

X dimentions were high on the boat - no records of Hull numbers etc. however think it was # 7 built -

PHIL
Old 02-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phil M
Charlie -

The boat had TRS drives when I sold it - also was set up for Staggared engines - exhaust out the rear of the boat - The boat can be id, by the round holes cut in the shape of a "N" on either side of the rear deck above the transome - they were Air flow holes for venting.

X dimentions were high on the boat - no records of Hull numbers etc. however think it was # 7 built -

PHIL
Is this it? Looks like covers were made to go over the area that had the N's, on the back of the deck area.
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-bertram-transoma.jpg  
Old 02-04-2006, 07:40 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Was there another "Mona Lou" besides the #70 Yellow/White Bertram Nautec piloted by Riggs/Lewis ?
Yes ....there was an original Bertram either 28 or 32 Moppie piloted by Odell back in 63 or so.

T2x
Old 02-05-2006, 04:37 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Is this it? Looks like covers were made to go over the area that had the N's, on the back of the deck area.
Charlie - please send it to my email - cant view it here -

My 28 Barron was the Boat show boat - also the one that was photographed for their sales brochure - I have Photos of it from Bertram that way - My 36 - was a TEST boat - that raced serval times - with a 1/8 inch thick plywood deck that you could not walk on - I put on a Teak deck - and made it into a sports boat - if you want Photos Charlie, let me know by email - will send you some of both boats -

Hi to Rich - T3x whoops - ! Hi to Darren too Richie !
Old 02-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Registered

Phil

I sent you some pictures of that boat via e-mail. Let me know what you think.

thx
Old 02-05-2006, 09:18 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Phil

I sent you some pictures of that boat via e-mail. Let me know what you think.

thx
Yes, Charlie - its my old boat - my twin Peter built the trailer from scratch - just bought the axels and tires - in 1975 - not bad considering over 30 years have passed . Thanks very much - many memories with that boat - it fist hit the water in New England - for the pace boat in a race near you - Around the Cape race - Those were the days - that you had better know where you were going - not just up and down the beach - we needed compases's then !

Will send you photos of the 28 and 36 later today - by email - you can post them if you like -

PHIL

Quick Reply: Save the Old Race Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.