Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Profiling with your boat on the trailer  ? >

Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Notices

Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Old 01-17-2002, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on Troutly,
Admit it , you get that special feeling when
people are admiring your boat when cruising
down the road !
I'm sure it's a different feeling than when you have the lights on in the cruiser !
Old 01-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

I don't mind most of the questions I get about my boat. I especially like the people who assume that there must a husband or boyfriend around somewhere and that the boat's his. I love the looks on their faces when I tell them that it's mine and that I really do drive it.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Registered

Not even the gun belt ?!?!?!
Old 01-17-2002, 03:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
I love pulling mine. I have not done the glass building trick yet, but I am sure I will one day. I too look young, and often people ask me if that is my "Daddy's boat." I just smile and say its mine, all mine; and I worked VERY hard for it. I have yet to have the little placard made that someone mentioned they had on the rear of their port trailer fender: "Your girlfriend wants a ride." I passed two guys in a channel, who were all proud of their jointly owned 260 Prowler, and as I passed them I asked what motor, and and who owned it. As one motioned they both owned their's, and the other mentioned his 496HO, I smiled, and said this one is all mine, including that pretty Blue HP500EFI. They told me to F-off. LOL

Brian
Old 01-17-2002, 03:54 PM
Uncle Toys

Jane - You hit a nerve with this thread - "showing off our toys". I've only trailored mine a couple of times so far, but I felt like a peacock in the mating season. Very first gas stop, this young guys walks by and say, "Dope ass boat dude." Before I could hit him, I notice my son smiling and saying thanks. So I held up - turns out that's some kind of great complement. Believe it or not, later out in the middle of the desert, this pickup with a couple of cute girls drives by with a little sign. You guessed it, "Dope ass boat!" But then that was my wife and daughter

p.s. I need to try that glass building thing

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Uncle Toys ]

Old 01-17-2002, 03:56 PM
Registered

I enjoy towing the Skater. Same standard questions as everyone else. Except this! One day a nice elderly lady said, "Wow that is a nice pontoon boat!"

I just smiled and said THANKS!

Shane
Old 01-17-2002, 05:29 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Cool

For some reason I have no idea what you guys are talking about???????

I also trailer the thing every where...
Old 01-17-2002, 07:02 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally posted by Reindl Powerboats:
[QB]How about trailering one of our boats.... [QB]
Chris - Mine has caused at least 3 traffic accidents and several close calls. (I wasn't involved in any of them - it was all distracted drivers!) Sometimes it's very rewarding answering all the questions, and I try to be friendly even when I'm exhausted.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I was checking into a slip at my local marina when I bought my Scarab in August. Was trying to decide whether or not to trailer. The marina owner said nobody trailers a boat that big. (only 26') Keep in mind I'm in Arkansas. I decided to trailer for now. The trip to and from the lake is half the enjoyment. I love watching people stare. Hell, I'll even go uptown on Friday night to gas it up and gloat a little. If I can't enjoy it on the water, I may as well enjoy it off the water.

Buck
Old 01-17-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey, I bought a new $3500 aluminium trailer just because it looks so cool going down the road! Now I just need a cool boat to go with it

Quick Reply: Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.