Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Profiling with your boat on the trailer  ? >

Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Notices

Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Old 01-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
One year at the IJSBA World Finals as Havasu, we saw this tricked out Navigator, lowered on air-bags, 20" rims, all blacked out. It had this custom matching black, Myco trailer behind it all week; however, I there was NO BOAT on it, or around it, or anywhere near the bridge all week. My girl friend and I decided we were going to buy a huge sharp boat trailer, and just pull it around for a while, just to be styling. Then again that was before I saw the light, and I was still racing PWC. Thank goodness for BBCs and Merc's blue paint.
Brian
Old 01-19-2002, 05:26 AM
Vonbongo

Originally posted by Shane:
<STRONG>One day a nice elderly lady said, "Wow that is a nice pontoon boat!"

</STRONG>
LMAO I gotta remeber that line for the next cat I come across!

Old 01-19-2002, 07:23 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHORGASM, put one of those under age (under 21 and older than 18 to clarify) on the big bow rails naked people will L K...
Then you can smile.....
Bryan
Old 01-19-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Originally posted by 2001 26ZX:
<STRONG>SHORGASM, put one of those under age (under 21 and older than 18 to clarify) on the big bow rails naked people will L K...
Then you can smile.....
Bryan</STRONG>
Funny you mention that.......

When we got to the ramp last labor day weekend........this dude with a 27 Fountian was there with his buddies at the ramp oof loading...........I pull up beside him and drop her in and just snickers....

Oh yeh Dickhead......then Jen and Shauna and the other Jen come walkin down the ramp and hop in.......all quite the little hotties......The beak boater dropped his jaw....

Oh well to each their own....
Old 01-19-2002, 09:33 AM
Registered

Towing LIKES with boat

1-Seeing people pass you with their heads bent backwards looking at boat.
2-Getting the thumbs up as people pass.
3-Watching people trying to stay on the road while they check out the boat.
4-Guessing if person passing is tell you they like the boat or are trying to tell you something is wrong.

Towing DISLIKES with boat
1-After people speed up to see boat that was ahead of them realize that they are speeding, pull in front of you & slam on brakes to slow down.
Old 01-19-2002, 09:46 AM
bayou outlaw

Last August there were about ten powerboats from the Baton Rouge area tht trailered over to Destin, Fla. for the Emerald Coast Poker run. It was about a 6 hour tow, and we made a few stops along the way. There were a couple of Cigarettes, a few Fountains, my friend's Formula (croozin2 on here) and my Baja outlaw. The looks on people's faces as they passed by the convoy of boats was priceless. It made the trip seem like only a couple of hours. I especially enjoyed all the smiles on the kid's faces that were pressed to windows. I'm looking forward to it again this year!!! Andy

Old 01-19-2002, 11:56 AM
HydroScream

I always flip off people with boats bigger than mine kidding of course

Im much like the little kids that have their faces smashed to the window! I cant help myself

I know what ya mean about the gas station... people are always complimenting me on my BASS boat lol

For some reason they never take me up on the ride I offer on my 90mph "bass" boat

Old 01-19-2002, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
i too love towing my boat. i've gotten waves, smiles, flashed, thumbs up, beads thrown in my window, signs that read "Sweet", the "finger", cell phone numbers, etc. i just laugh and say thank you. i always take time to answer all of the questions that people ask. if they take the time to give me a compliment, then i'll take the time to chat with them. whenever some one asks me the question, "How in the hell does a guy your age afford a boat and truck like that?", i respond with a simple smile and "two kilos a week!". they don't know if they should laugh or run away...

jbk
Old 01-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Registered

I have to side with Andy, the kids are the best. Every time I am on the road with the boat, or just at the launch and the kids come over with that look in their eyes. I remember that feeling as a kid. "Wow, look at that."

We have had a number of good times on the trailer. I remember a stop at about 3am in a snow storm in the mountains at a one gas pump town. The locals just looked at us and asked "Where are you going with that?" My reply "South"
Old 01-19-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Talking

I also get lots of looks and pointing when I tow my Crownline. However, I also have a Harley. And Jane's mentioned people towing their motorcycles to rallies.

While a boat needs to be towed to water, a Harley was made to ride on land. Towing your motorcycle to a rally is not what the rally is all about. The point of the rally is to give you a destination for your trip. You are suppossed to RIDE the Harley to the rally, not tow it!

Harley rallies are about getting together and RIDING to the rally. The best riding stories are not the ones that went smoothly. The best stories are when something "bad" happens. Getting caught in a hail storm, helping a fellow rider who is broken down, sleeping under the stars with your soul-mate in the middle of nowhere (OK, that's a good thing).

The point is: We tow our boats to the water, but we should never tow our Harleys!

Just my two-cents...

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Clay Washington ]

Quick Reply: Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.