Like Tree0Likes

NEED 525efi HEADERS (2 PAIR)

Old 01-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

My Boats: '03 Lip-ship Gladiator - Purchased (Not from Lip-Ship) w/ worn out Merc's posted on OSO Classifieds and told to me had "Fresh Motors." Wish I would have gotten to Philly's 1 Day Sooner and bought the Gladiator he sold to Tommy!!!
Default NEED 525efi HEADERS (2 PAIR)

Both pair of my headers are leaking. I'm looking for two new pair (all 4 headers). Please give me a call directly ASAP.

Thanks,
Joe
832-277-3661
Old 01-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

My Boats: 39 Cigarette Unlimited, 24 South Bay Tri-toon, & Seadoo GTX
Default Re: NEED 525efi HEADERS (2 PAIR)

You should call CMI or Merc. I've seen them warranty these on 500EFI even past Merc warranty
Old 01-26-2006, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: Using LS JR. TG

Call Fred at Trick.

LS
Old 01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

My Boats: '03 Lip-ship Gladiator - Purchased (Not from Lip-Ship) w/ worn out Merc's posted on OSO Classifieds and told to me had "Fresh Motors." Wish I would have gotten to Philly's 1 Day Sooner and bought the Gladiator he sold to Tommy!!!

Yeah... CMI is saying they'll "repair" them and that they are only 1 yr warranty (if purchased w/ the boat) and 2 yr if you buy direct.

I'm looking for two pair that were take-off's or something (dealer cost is even sky-high on these)

FYI - 600 EFI's are the same headers - if someone's didn't use theirs (or switched to tractors - sp???)
Old 01-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Registered

Is this a common problem with this type of exhaust or is this boat an isolated incident?
Old 01-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackster
Is this a common problem with this type of exhaust or is this boat an isolated incident?
Call me: 832-277-3661
I don't want to respond on-line.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

...Anyone...anyone?????

FYI - Great price on Trick Marine/Fred's - but they don't work on the 525 EFI's.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=rackster]Is this a common problem with this type of exhaust or is this boat an isolated incident?[/QU

You work for Fountain, right? You must know more than me!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

UPDATE:

fyi - All of my headers were sent to CMI. 3 were repaired and I was told by CMI that the 4th was unrepairable, and then basically, that I was "f'd" and was on my own to go buy another pair! Wow!!!

What sh!tty customer service from CMI and Merc, sh!tty "monopoly" by Mercruiser and yet GREAT, GREAT price and service from the person who did hook me up (who, by the way is not from CMI or Merc!!!!!). My decision is closing in on the next boat - and I guarantee you it will only have Zul's or Sterlings!

P.S. If anyone wants the "repaired" headers, PM me. Reimburse me for the repair job ($300) and my shipping costs (which CMI also didn't pay for), and I'll have CMI ship them directly to you. I'm leaving them there unless someone wants them! Seriously, I wouldn't have the heart to sell them to someone and later find out that another seam/weld let go and grenaded an engine.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

My Boats: DCB DCB DCB DCB DCB

Joe your pm is full but if you haven't commited them to someone else and your offer to pay them for them is still good, sign me up. I'll take them and pay for them Monday morning. Tell me where to send the money........